• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2016 PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC September 18th

There is supposedly more info to come around 5pm UK time as well.

Full6-680x380.jpg

FullCeleb.png

FullVarane.png

1892d8b1564aa92d68ad5a3c195d5287.png

Hasney

The unpredictability is why PES has always been a better simulation of the sport, but also why it has become less popular alongside the increased use of online matches.

My mate and I coined the "John O'Shea test" while we were students. A test in which John O'Shea is given the ball just outside the box in the last minute of an important match. The results showed that in FIFA he nearly always scored because he played for Man Utd, whereas in PES he nearly always missed because he's John Fuckin' O'Shea.

Gold, but it's true. The amount of last minute pique curlers in my FIFA 15 Ultimate Team was unreal.

FIFA really took the crown. Just some old fans play PES this days.

That's because kids can play fifa and get their hands held so it doesn't turn them off the game if they keep losing. It's so flawed. I can have the best team on Fifa, Ronaldo, Messi ect but they won't be consistent. The game has a horrible momentum system in it that totally negates skill. PES 2015 was miles better than any fifa that's been released in the last 10 years.

feel

Last year was soooo good, all it needs is some balancing and a few fixes to be perfect, please don't fuck this up Konami. :(

And stop being ridiculous and make the PC version the definitive version visually.

That's nice, but Master League is what I play mostly!

I hope one of the improvements from the ML in 2015 is highlighting some big transfers between clubs. It was in 2015 but you actively had to look for it hidden behind these menus and even then I don't think you could sort the results so you would go through a huge scroll of text of transfers between players you don't care for so it was pointless to read. The only way I could tell was if I was playing another team and saw Bale playing for Chelsea or Rooney is in Barcelona. Doesn't have to be major, just updates on a news feed menu like how FIFA handles it. It would be nice to see.

Ah ok, jumped the gun. Assumed a lot of people in the thread would be playing online. I'm a ML guy as well myself. I'd assume there's an option to turn it off, but you never know with Konami.

Griss

PES just asking Fifa to outsell them seven times over with that cover.

Interested in this though... Still don't feel like any of the recent PES games have been what I want - the gameplay of the glory days with all of the modern features you expect.

"We've fixed the keepers this year. Honest."

I still hold out hope that PES will be good once again, until then I'm stuck playing FIFA Clubs :(

Don't kid yourself. PES has never sold well on xbox. It has nothing to do with the XB1 version being 720p.
KXEzgYs.jpg

So is that the correct way to improve the sales of Xbox version: shitty resolution, less features, less exposure in marketing?

It will cause the sales worse and worse.

I am not a business man, therefore, I am not so sure if this is a good way in business.

Three

So the shitty versions (Xbone and PC) of the game didn't sell that well? Outrageous!
You think the PS3 version was superior to 360 and PC? OK, if you think it's the resolution then it's the resolution. It must be that surely because the PS3 version was so high res.

So is that the correct way to improve the sales of Xbox version: shitty resolution, less features, less exposure in marketing?

It will cause the sales worse and worse.

I am not a business man, therefore, I am not so sure if this is a good way in business.

or, they are not prepared to jump through hoops to try and appease a smaller market with no guaranty or evidence that it would even improve sales

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well looking at those PES screens it looks like footballs achieved its homo-erotic heights - everyone is covered in baby oil

So dynamic weather is per half?

ps3ud0 8)

Looks like it will have sliders and you move the specific weather to that time. In that pic have cloudy starting at around 20-25 minutes in and at 70th minute let it rain.

ps3ud0

Looks like it will have sliders and you move the specific weather to that time. In that pic have cloudy starting at around 20-25 minutes in and at 70th minute let it rain.
Ah mis-read the pic - to me it just seems the first half is cloudy (the icon to me is just positioned centrally within that half) while it rain in the second for similarly reasoning.

Hopefully I'm wrong and its far more 'dynamic'

ps3ud0 8)

Not bought a PES game since 2008 which was the first main game after Pro Evo 6 on PS2. I bought Pro Evo 1-6 on PS2.

Hope PES 2016 is worth the buy

I didn't even switch to FIFA, tried the demos but never felt it was good enough even though it's highly praised and improved.

Coming from a guy who played Mexico 86, World Cup 90, World Soccer on Master System and Mega Drive, Kick-Off and Sensible Soccer and other Amiga footy games all the way up to PES, its strange, I just don't think both modern PES/FIFA games are any good. They lack the spontaneity and adaptive moves. Buying PES each year was set in stone until the PS3/360 versions.

Almost like Konami fluked a good football game for the PS1/PS2 era or one overlooked person was responsible and is no longer working on the game since 2006.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You think the PS3 version was superior to 360 and PC? OK, if you think it's the resolution then it's the resolution. It must be that surely because the PS3 version was so high res.

The PS3 version is the best PS3 can get, while PC version is not even the best PS4 can get.

Xater

If we can't, I probably won't buy the game. I really got into PES with WE8 International in 2005 and Option Files have always been a huge part of the experience for me.

Same here. I really liked last years demo, but without option files being easily available I have no interest in it.

Kinan

Godisageek giving slightly different info about preorder bonuses than OP.

The Day One Edition comes with a Neymar player loan, 1 Player from the UEFA.com TOTY 2014, 10,000 GP for 10 weeks, 10 Recovery Items and 3 Player Contracts.

The PlayStation exclusive Anniversary Edition gives you Neymar to keep, 1 Player from the UEFA.com TOTY 2014, 10,000 GP for 20 weeks, 20 Recovery Items, 5 Player Contracts, 1000 myClub coins and a Steelbook, while the PSN exclusive digital pre-order nets all of the Anniversary Edition, minus the steelbook and myClub coins.

nikos

Looks and sounds like a very nice upgrade. Still hope online multiplayer is region free, or the NA version has more commentary language options.

I think I played pes 2015 too much. I loved it at first but was completely sick after a few months. took a while but the limitations got to me in the end. The time before that though was great, some of the most fun I've had in a footy game in years.

I really enjoyed the gameplay in 2015, but I bailed on it after a few months as the modes just didn't keep me all that entertained, and I was really missing option files on PS4. Looks like this might be something I sink a lot of time into with the ability for full editing on PS4 (hopefully with the ability for transferring option files) and the revamped Master League (which is really needed).

Genio88

Release date is good, i hope Xbox One version will be 1080p this time, but i doubt it, for example PS4 and PS3 will have the image importing feature while XB1/360 won't, Konami really doesn't care about no japanese console...

Most excited about the image editor. Can at least have proper kits for EPL/Bundesliga that way.

Option files would be great.

edit: damn just saw the release date Sep 15. Awesome. Only 2 weeks after MGS5.

mieumieu

Will buy. Although I've ended up getting fifa 15 on origin I find its engine (especially ball physics) a bit outdated compared to pes 2015 which only the console version was truly up to date. Hopefully Konami will not give up on the series since I want to see more healthier competition.

AlexBasch

Gonna end up buying both, just like always. I'll play PES for single player and FIFA for the online teams.
Oh, good. I thought I was the only one.

PES is fucking trash online.

Pick Napoli, Tottenham, Sevilla or Porto? Enjoy playing only against Real Madrid and CR7 dashers. Oh, and connection has deteriorated, so you lose.

Sure, I can still beat them and laugh at Ronaldo running around, but it gets so fucking boring after the tenth Madrid match. At least FIFA pits you with different teams in the online mode if you're not picking a top flight squad.

Not gonna complain on the single mode though, I love it.

But, would it hurt them to hire actually good, actual UI designers? The menus are always so fucking hideous. ):

PES 2015 is the best football game I've played, although it did have issues. Hopefully these new features play as well as they sound.

Strangely enough I'm looking forward to the revamped menus more than anything. PES 2015 presentation is terrible off the pitch.

Three

The issue is the quality of the game this gen. The PC should in theory been the equivalent of the PS4 but it wasn't at least for 2015.

That wasn't the issue. The debate was something different. He/she said that poor quality versions sell poorly because they are poor quality, referring to the resolution which sparked this debate and my pie chart of sales.
He/she replied sarcastically with a "poor version sells poorly" comment as if the chart agreed with him/her.

There was nothing poor quality about last gen 360 or PC versions yet its sales were not great compared to PS3. In fact PC saw an increase this gen when it started to get the poor quality version. The issue wasn't venting your frustration about an inferior version it was about the suggestion that the game doesn't sell well on Xbox (or PC for whatever reason) because it's 720p. That's not the reason it doesn't sell well on xbox.

Top Bottom