• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie just can't help himself with the N word...the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching those videos sure makes me wish people would pay me for saying hateful shit that I 'didn't mean'.

The fuck? What kind of sense does it make to throw money to someone after they did something wrong to coddle them?

Massicot

Not entirely true, a lot of kids today are picking up this language and don't understand or consider the context and meaning of it.

But he's not a kid and almost 30 and if still doesn't mean it's not inexcusable

It's just a word! It only means something if you give it power! It's just two syllables strung together! Nothing means anything! I'm above it all!

He didn't actually say it. He said "me nev-oh" and then proceeded to say something along the lines of he caught himself and automatically censored it and laughed about how ironic it is or something.

Very weird.
Right. Hm. I dont know how to feel about this. Its shit that he uses the word casually, but we already knew that. So him catching himself is an improvement?

But, he´s so young and doens´t know what it means. I mean, he´s from europe and we don´t have racism. As a matter of fact, there are no black people in europe so the word can´t even be racist. We just yell it at each other for fun. It has no bad meaning here. And anyway, rappers use it so we can too.

FUCK pewdiepie.

kikiribu

He's racist trash. The N word must be in your vocabulary pretty regularly if you "slip" it out like that during streaming. Or better yet, why not say it on purpose to get publicity and get even more shitty followers?!

He's scum.

jacobeid

Banned
jacobeid said:
Who cares how sincere this is (personal comment withheld) when he clearly will not learn anything from it? How many fake apologies does he have to give before everyone realizes how full of shit he is? We'll be right back here in a few months, just watch. It's his m.o. at this point.

My post from another thread. I didn't think we'd be back here *this* quickly.

Isn't this a good thing that he's actively censoring himself and fighting it?

It also completely invalidates any previous defenses of "he just slipped up once" or "it was just a heated gaming moment" or "honest mistake". It's obvious the dude uses the word constantly off-camera with his friends or what not, and until he stops having to 'censor himself' it'll be obvious he's still using the word when off-stream. (and even then, y'know, it won't be certain he stopped using the word with his friends, he might have just gotten better at policing himself. but i say he has done enough to not deserve the benefit of the doubt here)

It's like that moment when a kid turns 21 (or whatever legal drinking age), and then their parents notice that they're doing it all too naturally....

When it's coming out that smoothly, it's because he does it often and have been for a long time.

What a piece of shit.

L Thammy

He's improving though. With the Nazi shit, he was immediately flaunting "look at how Nazi I am lolololol fuck you mainstream media" after he was called out. And he was going "look at all those PewDiePie fans" at Charlottesville even while he was saying "oh I just realized Nazis are real".

Now it seems like he's trying not to look like a racist, while also making it abundant clear that he's extremely racist on a regular basis and it's a grueling struggle to keep racial slurs out of his regular speech. Progress!

jholmes

Of all the people South Park ripped a new asshole, they felt the need to spend two episodes pumping this jackass's tires.

But real talk, at this point this is just fascinating that he doesn't even try.

The worst actually is that people will STILL find a way to defend this. Just tired of explaining something as basic as "hey, saying the n-word is racist man" so why bother anymore...

You forgot your /s tags. Better fix that quick.

Well ok just in case

Hupsel

Isn't this a good thing that he's actively censoring himself and fighting it?

He is actually doing it for fun, laughing at the critics and making fun of what happened. He isn´t censoring himself to be better, he is just being ironic... and he knows it and his audience knows it.

Nightbird

At work, can't watch it now but:

Nev? What's that supposed to mean?

I know "Nibba", but I don't know any censored version with an v.

Could someone more knowledgeable explain it to me?

I hope finally people will stop giving this fucking moron second (and third, and fourth) chances.

Fuck him, I hope his channel gets shut down and he loses all income.

At this point the onus is on content platforms to shut down his stupid shit and they are accountable for the damage he will continue to do if they don't.

There is no excuse for this shit ONCE, let alone after the pattern of doing stuff like it over and over.

Zero315

Banned
"It's just a word! He's just quoting an Internet meme" says the PewDiePie fan's burner account, as I bash my face repeatedly against the wall
Nah, they'll say "he was just reading the donor messages" like in the last thread when someone defended him saying a gay slur.

Dude is racist trash and I hope all the people who gave him the benefit of the doubt after his "response" realize that now.

It's hate speech. Are you serious?

I elaborated. I'm saying that calling the authorities on a guy who stopped himself when he almost said the N Word on a livestream seems a little far.

I'm not saying he's not a piece of shit. He is. I'm saying he shouldn't be institutionalized.

Raptor

Does he live in Sweden? Is it possible to have authorities intervene, perhaps institutionalize him?

He lives in the UK, but at this point the way I see it is he is hurting the society with all this stuff that something must be done if he cant learn that this kind of behavior aint right.

The message that at this point is coming across is not good.

tenor.gif

What excuses can we make to excuse him on this for this go around? I should probably get a bingo card ready.

Blam

Watching those videos sure makes me wish people would pay me for saying hateful shit that I 'didn't mean'.

The fuck? What kind of sense does it make to throw money to someone after they did something wrong to coddle them?

Because people like to shove this stuff under the rug.

L Thammy

I don't think he was saying anything that started with "nev", I think he was pivoting. Like he started to say "my nigga", but then realized, tried to swap it with something else, then cut it off because he couldn't think of anything to swap it with.

I'm confused.

In your first example, he doesn't say "you stupid fucking nig-" there is simply no "nig-" he stops after fucking.

The second and third are exactly the same.

What is this?

I think a different title could be a little more accurate while being just as evocative. "One day after apologizing, PewDiePie nearly drops the n-word again".

Still infinitely deplorable, and I think 'can't help himself' is pretty much accurate but I think we could fit a little more info in there.,

Is he trying to shock and offend his way out of the "idiot youtuber who makes dumb voices" corner he put himself in in the worst way possible?

wandering

Banned
At work, can't watch it now but:

Nev? What's that supposed to mean?

I know "Nibba", but I don't know any censored version with an v.

Could someone more knowledgeable explain it to me?

The way he says it makes it abundantly clear what it implies. You know the Denzel Washington meme from Training Day? It was basically an emulation of that.

black070

Why is it so easy for it to slip out for him ? Rhetorical question ofcourse, but it's ridiculous how many people are continually on hand to support him for this sort of thing.

Because people like to shove this stuff under the rug.

No kidding. But just the fact that some people feel the need to give him 10/20$ to just try to coddle him is baffling to me.

It's beyond bizarre to me. Paying someone... to coddle them... for saying something racist.

It just blows my mind.

Spacejaws

After watching the video I'd definitely think it's something he is used to saying 'no filter'. Not sure if that means he's a full blown racist or just an ignorant fuck wit but either way he's a prat.

Not sure why people are surprised. The dude started his career making rape chokes and screeching like a damn 7 year old on pop rocks since day 1. I've never been a fan of his content and never understood how he even got attention to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom