• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie just can't help himself with the N word...the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the video I'd definitely think it's something he is used to saying 'no filter'. Not sure if that means he's a full blown racist or just an ignorant fuck wit but either way he's a prat.
both.png

No kidding. But just the fact that some people feel the need to give him 10/20$ to just try to coddle him is baffling to me.

It's beyond bizarre to me. Paying someone... to coddle them... for saying something racist.

It just blows my mind.

It comes from being a blind fan of someone or something. They think everything the person does is perfectly fine and the detractors are the problem. Either because they're young, ignorant or racist of course.

Neith

Banned
Oh look a crazy white person that has no sense of the historical importance of this word and just does this for attention. OH MY SHOCKED.

Ricker

Not to excuse him,far from it, but isnt he kinda rich now...he should call it quits and move on before this gets real ugly,like not just online ugly...

Orb

Nah, they'll say "he was just reading the donor messages" like in the last thread when someone defended him saying a gay slur.

Dude is racist trash and I hope all the people who gave him the benefit of the doubt after his "response" realize that now.
People are way more ready to defend people saying homophobic slurs like idubbbz(even other goddamn gay people sadly)

Thankfully this situation is still big though, and isnt sliding into obscurity.

The fact people try to defend him saying he meant to say "nibba" which is apparently his alternative swear word... Fuck YouTube. Let the DMCAs rain.

And fuck PUBG too. They ain't getting a cent from me.

It comes from being a blind fan of someone or something. They think everything the person does is perfectly fine and the detractors are the problem. Either because they're young, ignorant or racist of course.

Yeah, to be honest it makes me think of the stereotype of rich parents giving their kids money to cheer them up instead of actually parenting them.

I just can't process it. Lol. Probably because I'm pretty poor, but it's just fucking ridiculous.

Not to excuse him,far from it, but isnt he kinda rich now...he should call it quits and move on before this gets real ugly,like not just online ugly...
Go the Notch way and slag progressives and "SJWs" daily on Twitter? At least he'd be easier to ignore, so I'm on board with that.

Fighting what? His deeply rooted racism?
Before anything else I want to make it very clear that I am not trying to say that he doesnt know what the word means or the effect it has on people.
That being said, once a word is part of your active vocabulary it can be at times be difficult to remove it from one day to the nect. Again, not saying it should have even been a part of anyones casual vacobulary, but thats a topic we already know about.
Im just thinking of the time when I was younger and 'spastic' was one of the normal insult type words I used with friends. Afterwards I found out that it was similar to 'retard' in meaning and not just sth like 'asshole' or similar. So I stopped using it, but I would be lying if I said that I didnt catch myself saying it at the beginning. Now its no longer an issue since its not part of the vocabulary I use anymore, but i understand how you can slip up even while trying to stop using a word.
So I hope he actually is making a good faith effort in trying to stop using the word for real, and not just when he is in public

Kawika

I know people want to go on a crusade about this guy. Some people hate him, some love him. I just don't care about him and the more I hear about this the less I want to see him or hear about him. Is negative attention feeding his ego in a Trump-esque way? On my RSS feed I already blocked keywords from my list (such as Pewdiepie and PokemonGo). I wish I could do the same with Youtube.

Not saying I want to live in an echochamber of my own making (such as some people on the right and left like to do) but I just don't need to hear more about this guy. I really don't know why I clicked on this thread. I hope he just stops streaming and goes away. Go be a rich asshole by yourself and stop sharing your racist thoughts with the rest of the world.

I grew up in a predominately black neighborhood in the outskirts of LA. I am not black (but from a bi-racial family) but most of the kids I grew up with were. I don't think it ever crossed my mind to say that word.

I remember my mom took me aside one day and said,
Do you hear that word?
What word?
That word. (after one of my neighbors said it to another neighbor)
Yeah? What does it mean?
Its a bad word and you should never say it.
Why do they say it? I really don't know why honey, just never say it yourself.
OK mom, I won't.

How hard is that? Its a bad word and you should never say it.

So sick of this guy.
I had a nephew that watched his videos and I have told him what a piece of trash i think this guy is.
It feels like it's an up hill battle showing the youngsters in my family how chucking this word around is unacceptable, and its made more difficult by 'adults' like Pewdiepie.
His ignorance is infuriating and anyone that doubts this guy is a piece of shit should know what its like to have members of their family who respect this idiot.

He is trash and almost did it again, so fuck him.

But isn't the 3rd one just reading it on the donation? It really doesn't have meaning.

Just saying,but still, fuck him.

Hesh

I think I get OP's message, but it appears to be a bit muddled. I don't think the issue now is "He can't stop saying it (the n-word)", but rather he's deliberately poking fun at the controversy he caused and saying "less harsh" derivatives like "nibba" or "ninja" for attention now. So basically instead of not acting like a racist edgelord he's responded with a childish attitude of "Ah ah ah! I'm not saying the word now, am I?" even though the meaning behind his usage is still the same. Oh well, I didn't expect much better from him.

Is that him now? What happened to him? Drugs?

Last time I watched one of his vids and honestly, the only time I've watched a full vid (if I even did) was when he had his early copy of the SotC remake I believe.

JaynePea

Does the dude seriously not have enough money to fucking stop streaming for a while? If he can't play games w/o getting angry and shouting expletive racist epithets, then maybe don't play on a public stream?

Zero315

Banned
People are way more ready to defend people saying homophobic slurs like idubbbz(even other goddamn gay people sadly)

Thankfully this situation is still big though, and isnt sliding into obscurity.

As a gay person, I'm totally aware of how quick people are to defend people using homophobic language. It's really shitty. :(

Boke1879

He is trash and almost did it again, so fuck him.

But isn't the 3rd one just reading it on the donation? It really doesn't have meaning.

Just saying,but still, fuck him.

Reading a donation after literally fucking up saying it beforehand. He just shouldn't say it period.

ResoRai

Isn't this a good thing that he's actively censoring himself and fighting it?
If he's really trying to change then yes. The fact that he even has to catch himself goes to show how much the word is on his mind tho. Wouldn't be surprised if he casually uses it everyday.

This is how you let the alt-right know you're on their side. They know you can't be openly racist, so you have multiple "oopsie" moments and give half-hearted apologies and justifications. Trump uses this strategy as well.

It's a kind of Racist Signaling.

Orb

As a gay person, I'm totally aware of how quick people are to defend people using homophobic language. It's really shitty. :(
Yeah, and it feels extra terrible when youre looked at as crazy for justifiably being upset by it instead of just taking the joke :/

Just because he's a racist doesn't exactly mean it's ok to use racist language towards him (and pretty sure it's not acceptable on this forum?) You're just perpetuating it.
Reverse racism doesnt exist

True Fire

I don't think he can survive without constant attention. His antics will get worse as his age catches up with him and kids stop watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom