• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie just can't help himself with the N word...the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

preta

I'm confused.

In your first example, he doesn't say "you stupid fucking nig-" there is simply no "nig-" he stops after fucking.

The second and third are exactly the same.

What is this?

Keep listening in the first one, he says it the second time. The second and third examples are two different timestamps in the same video.

Creator of garrys mod and Rust fighting the 'good' fight

TsuTa2V.png

Edit: Nvm, turns out it was a bad joke. Still not a great thing to be saying, support should come from condeming the situation, not making into a joke but whatever.

Edit 2: IDK

Nokterian

Why am i not shocked? He is a racist, he will never learn also this influence on his audience well we know what has happend...

Zero315

Banned
He is trash and almost did it again, so fuck him.

But isn't the 3rd one just reading it on the donation? It really doesn't have meaning.

Just saying,but still, fuck him.

Called it! Him reading it off a donation message doesn't make it better. That's the shit he should've been calling out in his "response".

BTA

just ignore this racist piece of shit,sooner or later karma gets him

Sure, we'll ignore him and meanwhile (in theory, obviously there are bots, etc.) 0.8% of the Earth's population just keeps on subscribing to this guy.

Ignoring him does nothing.

Yeah, and it feels extra terrible when youre looked at as crazy for justifiably being upset by it instead of just taking the joke :/

Reverse racism doesnt exist

I know it doesn't. That's just plain racism. Cracka is a term meant to be derogatory and offensive towards a certain group of people. Racism.

Dineren

Banned
Wait, fuck PUBG for what exactly?

I imagine for not banning him. Their rules of conduct say:

"Do not use any discriminatory language, including but not limited to any language regarding
ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, sexual preference or personal beliefs."

Not sure if it covers things just said on a stream while playing a game, but I don't see why they couldn't.

Manzoon

Banned
Glad to know that never have to trust or believe a single thing this shit head ever says again. I can only hope he loses his platform to influence others.

Blam

No kidding. But just the fact that some people feel the need to give him 10/20$ to just try to coddle him is baffling to me.

It's beyond bizarre to me. Paying someone... to coddle them... for saying something racist.

It just blows my mind.

The beauty of the internet.

L Thammy

Someone in one of the previous threads was womdering how his girlfriend feels about this. I have to imagine at this point that anyone who knows Pewdiepie well outside his videos has heard some casual racism from him.

LOL he said way more than that, he was really disappointed in what Pew said, but hey, right now GAF hates H3H3, so...

You're right. Ethan did his best "Morty" impersonation from "Rick and Morty": "ahh geez Pew, what did you do, man? Now you gave the media more ammo to attack us streamers. Ah geez. Pewdiepie is no racist by any means but ahh geez."

He is trash and almost did it again, so fuck him.

But isn't the 3rd one just reading it on the donation? It really doesn't have meaning.

Just saying,but still, fuck him.
You don't have to read donation messages. If one was sent to you saying "hey Pewdiepie say nigger, gook, paki, chink, kike" would you go out and say it or actually use your brain and ignore it? Only racists can just so casually say the full N word with no bother.

When whites are being systematically killed and oppressed by black supremacists then maybe it can be equivalent on any level

GTFO of here with this shit. You think this gives people a blank check to be racist towards whites? Cracka is a term meant to be derogatory and offensive towards a certain group of people. Racism. It's the same thing as using the N word.

Gleethor

I wonder if people feel the need to defend PDP because they look at his situation and think "this could happen to me!"

Newsflash: don't say the n-word and it won't happen to you.

Sequiel

Banned
I think the guy is just trying to steal some black swag, like the pathetic guy from The Wire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Jg-Omwmo4

He just isn't aware all the time of how bad that sounds to americans due to the extreme political correctness wave regarding some words.

Pewds is an idiot, but he's not some KKK nazi. Some people are overreacting to it just because he's celebrity N.1 on Youtube. And some people seem more concerned with other people using "the N word" than with racists themselves.

Louis CK
Offended by the "N word"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ

MUnited83

For you.
I imagine for not banning him. Their rules of conduct say:

"Do not use any discriminatory language, including but not limited to any language regarding
ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, sexual preference or personal beliefs."

Not sure if it covers things just said on a stream while playing a game, but I don't see why they couldn't.

For not banning this filth.

They're complicit in normalising tolerance for racism and they're ignoring their own rules and community guidelines to do it. They are no better than Pewdiepie.
He never used the in-game voice chat for it though. Banning for communication/chat outside of the game doesn't make much sense.

GTFO of here with this shit. You think this gives people a blank check to be racist towards whites? Cracka is a term meant to be derogatory and offensive towards a certain group of people. Racism. It's the same thing as using the N word.

Are you kidding me? Cracka is the same thing as using the n word? The fact you need to censor one and not the other, speaks volumes.

Gaming side sure is something else.

RRockman

Banned
I think the guy is just trying to steal some black swag, like the pathetic guy from The Wire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Jg-Omwmo4

He just isn't aware all the time of how bad that sounds to americans due to the extreme politic correctness wave regarding some words.

Pewds is an idiot, but he's not some KKK nazi. Some people are overreacting to it just because he's celebrity N.1 on Youtube.

Some people seems more concerned with "the N word" than with racists:

Louis CK
Offended by the "N word"

And so it begins

Nokterian

He just isn't aware all the time of how bad that sounds to americans due to the extreme politic correctness wave regarding some words.

Pewds is an idiot, but he's not some KKK nazi. Some people are overreacting to it just because he's celebrity N.1 on Youtube.

Some people seems more concerned with "the N word" than with racists:

Louis CK
Offended by the "N word"

Ah here they come..out of the wood work.

Orb

You do not understand the basics of systemic oppression and why racism towards blacks specifically by whites is incredibly worse than the vice versa. There are LITERAL NAZIS IN THE WHITE HOUSE and youre over here going "b-but us poor whites!"

Hip Hop

Are you kidding me? Cracka is the same thing as using the n word?

Doesnt matter if its on the same level, its still racist.

like this guy:

You do not understand the basics of systemic oppression and why racism towards blacks specifically by whites is incredibly worse than the vice versa. There are LITERAL NAZIS IN THE WHITE HOUSE and youre over here going "b-but us poor whites!"

If it was, you wouldn't have spelled out cracka and then written 'N word'. The n-word has a context of subjugation, of murder, of slavery, it has hundreds of years of oppressive history that its users are trying to evoke.

thumb

Banned
Before anything else I want to make it very clear that I am not trying to say that he doesnt know what the word means or the effect it has on people.
That being said, once a word is part of your active vocabulary it can be at times be difficult to remove it from one day to the nect. Again, not saying it should have even been a part of anyones casual vacobulary, but thats a topic we already know about.

While I agree, this kind of information belonged in his apology. He should have said the steps that he is taking to fix his problem and should have informed his audience what to expect. But note that this would have revealed to people that he was absolutely accustomed to using the n-word. Which I doubt he is ready to admit.

Are you kidding me? Cracka is the same thing as using the n word?

It's meant to be offensive and derogatory in the same way yes. That word is meant to be an equivalent response to the offensive use of the N word. Just because it doesn't have the same history doesn't mean it's not meant to be used in the same way.

If it was, you wouldn't have spelled out cracka and then written 'N word'. The n-word has a context of subjugation, of murder, of slavery, it has hundreds of years of oppressive history that its users are trying to evoke.

Only spelled it out because it's not as controversial to do so as the n word and I don't want to offend someone for spelling out that word but that doesn't mean it doesn't have the same racist connotations.

Dineren

Banned
He never used the in-game voice chat for it though. Banning for communication/chat outside of the game doesn't make much sense.

Perhaps, but the terms don't actually say anything about that, it just lays out the behavior required while playing. I would think using racial slurs over PUBG gameplay would qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom