• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Squad threatens to take down PSN and Xbox Live this Christmas

Gurrry

Systems going down and up all day is nothing new on Christmas, sad thing is no matter if *InsertHere*Squad is behind the thing or not, they'll get the credit due to the threat.

exactly.

hey guys btw im the one behind all the outages, just FYI, its all totally me and my awesome haxor crew. its definately not because of high usage by actual users. trust me. im a haxor el1te!!111

Does it even make sense to stock up on the server side ? I don't know how it exactly works, but buiseness wise, I would think it's smarter to just wait it out.

Elandyll

Banned
Promises of doom on PSN if only due to amount of new users not happening?

I was able to setup the brand new PS4 in our living room with online activity with no hiccups whatsoever. In fact the downloads (over wifi even) are blazing fast so far.

Podge293

Ha they said they attacked lizard squad to prevent it. These lads/lasses are hilarious.

Usual Christmas traffic didn't do what they wanted so now they're covering bases. Fantastic

UglyPony

DDoS attacks is just exploiting the flaws of the existing internet protocols. But ye, try and get all of the internet to use different protocols. Just look how long its taking for isp's to adopt ipv6. Its really not that easy to fix.

My brother, my girlfriend and I are all on Xboxs on the same connection at my parent's house at the moment and we have zero issues.

Will the L33t hackers pls stand up.

Primeau31

PS4 has been dare I say even better than normal for me. Friends list, store etc all super responsive.

Tonight and the days following may be a different story, but I've gotten in many good hours of R6 and BF4 today.

Liamc723

Any errors? Could be something you can fix on your end.

It tells me the PlayStation Network isn't available every time I try to connect after doing the "Test Internet Connection".

I've tried it though my Wi-Fi and by using my phone as a hotspot, and neither work.

Concept17

Downloaded multiple games, streamed interstellar, and now my kids are playing Fat Princess Adventures online.

S'all good here.

http://store.steampowered.com decided to temporarily talk French at me. If I click "Sign in" in the discovery banner, it's Russian.

Changed to Polish now. Can't get to the login screen. Well this is fun. Witamy! Benvenuto!

edit
Apparently proper weirdness is going on, beyond a possible DDOS attack.

Fwiw there is a ddos attack on a server centre in the US which I believe to be microsofts.

But it's definitely not on the same scale as last years.

Top Bottom