• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: '2017 won't be Halo FPS/Gears led'

crackdown 2 had the cool gravity sticky grenade tether things, so it was about 3 times better than the first one
Crackdown 2 had some redeeming qualities like the wing suit, helicopter, multiplayer modes, etc., but it was a rushed retread of Crackdown 1 essentially.

That's why I'm so excited for 3. The sky's the limit.. literally.

tuna_love

Banned
Crackdown 2 had some redeeming qualities like the wing suit, helicopter, multiplayer modes, etc., but it was a rushed retread of Crackdown 1 essentially.

yeah 2 was really good to fuck around in with friends but it got repetitive doing the missions

Well yeah. Other than Halo Wars 2, I'm not sure what other Hale or Gears games could make an appearance other than re-releases, so this isn't much of a surprise.

Come On Yall - MS will have BIOWARE come out on stage and people will be a bit confused.

"Is this some time exclusive deal for MASS EFFECT? BAH" Heckle heckle

Then the lights go dim .....

Screen comes up and you see grass ... rocks ... cherry blossoms.. and a beautiful vista set in an orient location.

In the distance, where clouds are billowing against the hills and mountains you see the title emerge. JADE EMPIRE ... and the music starts to increase and BAM boop BOP POP WALALABEEKA BAM!!! HEADS EXPLODE

;) Let's dream yall.

Zedox

Come On Yall - MS will have BIOWARE come out on stage and people will be a bit confused.

Screen comes up and you see grass ... rocks ... cherry blossoms.. and a beautiful vista set in an orient location.

In the distance, where clouds are billowing against the hills and mountains you see the title emerge. JADE EMPIRE ... and the music starts to increase and BAM boop BOP POP WALALABEEKA BAM!!! HEADS EXPLODE

;) Let's dream yall.

Bruh, don't mention Jade Empire...you just pissed me off for the fact we haven't had another one yet.

The only thing that would make more heads explode is if they announce OG Xbox BC and have jade empire as one of those game you get with purchase of new Jade Empire.

Space_nut

Yup crackdown 2 was developed in 11 months. Think about that. 11 whole months to code, design, test, and polish. It was basically a mod not a full game

Now that crackdown 3 is a fully AAA game budget with years of development the sky is the limit

;) Let's dream yall.

Problem is there at the back of your mind you're wondering if they'll cancel it 2 years later.

shoreu

Mech assault? Fantastic, we just need a new crimson skies to be announced.

If they can pull off

1. Mech assault
2.crimson Skies
3. Azurik 2
4.otogi
5.phantom dust
6. Jade Empire 2
7. Perfect dark

If they can pull This off there will be hype

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
If they can pull off

1. Mech assault
2.crimson Skies
3. Azurik 2
4.otogi
5.phantom dust
6. Jade Empire 2
7. Perfect dark

If they can pull This off there will be hype

No one wants at least two of those things

(I liked Azurik, but lets get real here)

Bruh, don't mention Jade Empire...you just pissed me off for the fact we haven't had another one yet.

The only thing that would make more heads explode is if they announce OG Xbox BC and have jade empire as one of those game you get with purchase of new Jade Empire.

I kind of want a remaster or Remake or something. i miss that damn game! :(((

shoreu

No one wants at least two of those things

(I liked Azurik, but lets get real here)
They just don't know they want it yet man! They can pull it off better this time and give their library the diversity they need.

Throw in a Kameo 2 and fable and you can't tell me that's not an attractive line up.

Why do people keep calling it Phantom Dust HD when it's a port of the original with the assets pretty much untoched? The only thing being retooled as far as I'm aware is updating all the Xbox live networking stuff.

4Tran

What I'd like to see from Microsoft would be the kind of games they made back in their heyday; titles like Flight Simulator, Mechcommander, Freelancer, Age of Empires, and so on. We could really do more of those kinds of games again, but it's obvious that they don't have any intention of doing so.

It would be better off if someone made a wuxia game that's properly research rather than the schlock Orientalism in the original Jade Empire. As such, I don't think there's a lot of value in the Jade Empire IP.

Why do people keep calling it Phantom Dust HD when it's a port of the original with the assets pretty much untoched? The only thing being retooled as far as I'm aware is updating all the Xbox live networking stuff.

Because people are leaving room to hope it's getting the full remake/remaster treatment.

Phil's recent tweet about having it out by E3 is pretty conclusive though.

Because it's going to be HD compatible.

HD compatible doesn't make it HD as saying Phantom Dust HD implies. The original Phantom Dust is already HD compatible given its backward compatibility with Xbox 360.

Because people are leaving room to hope it's getting the full remake/remaster treatment.

Phil's recent tweet about having it out by E3 is pretty conclusive though.

Yeah, it boggles my mind why people create these false expectations that completely go against the facts we know. Just like how people think Scorpio is going to be some stealth next gen planned by Microsoft all along. LOL

Cranster

Banned
HD compatible doesn't make it HD as saying Phantom Dust HD implies. The original Phantom Dust is already HD compatible given its backward compatibility with Xbox 360.
It's not a native HD game so no, the port being developed right now is pretty much a true HD version of the game.

Top Bottom