• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: '2017 won't be Halo FPS/Gears led'

Gestault

Scalebound will be a head scratcher for a while I think. Especially when you consider the cancellation happened less than a year b4 MS releases their most powerful console ever.

Some would look at those realities and realize that it's probably a sign that completing the game just wasn't feasible. The most recent presentations had been rough in the game design sense. To borrow a phrase I came across the other day, game development isn't just a progress bar you move by adding money.

All these Halo 6 questions. Is Halo relevant again? :D

But i expect a Halo 6 announcement tho. CGI trailer. Next year more and release.

I'll be pretty disappointed if we see a load of CGI from MS at E3, they should put Scorpio to work and show off every game running on that hardware.

I mean, when you claim their strategy will be "detailing" a remaster -- do you really not see an issue?

As of right now, they do have a very meager 2017 lineup for me. I'm not going to make myself feel betterby pretending that there are other unannounced games coming this year I haven't heard about and that I will like before even knowing what they are.
Isn't it just as foolish assume they'll announce absolutely nothing for 2017 release at E3? If anything, it's more foolish - as their most recent E3 appearance suggests a shorter period between announcement and release for mid-tier titles like Dead Rising 4.

I'm not going to pretend Microsoft has a dozen AAA mind blowing titles sitting in the chamber, but you also can't assume the opposite. It's fair to expect a repeat of their most recent performance - which would suggest this upcoming holiday has 1-2 surprises yet to be made public.

Isn't it just as foolish assume they'll announce absolutely nothing for 2017 release at E3? If anything, it's more foolish - as their most recent E3 appearance suggests a shorter period between announcement and release for mid-tier titles like Dead Rising 4.

I'm not going to pretend Microsoft has a dozen AAA mind blowing titles sitting in the chamber, but you also can't assume the opposite. It's fair to expect a repeat of their most recent performance - which would suggest this upcoming holiday has 1-2 surprises yet to be made public.

Last E3 was poor in my opinion, when you consider the announcements of new games they did make it was a pretty small amount to say the least and what did concern me more than that was Phil Spencer pre hyping the conference as one as important as the launch of the Xbox 360. If that's the standard he sees then I don't have much confidence in the fella.

Izuna

Banned
LOL gtfo of here with that

I'm talking Campaign, ofc.

A Halo 6 is going to be the third entry in the Halo 4 saga and I doubt they've learnt their lesson.

~~

I think the lack of Scalebound has made me realise I'm not as big of a MS fanboy as I thought.

I loved Crackdown 1 but I'm weary about the 3rd.

timberger

shammrsw2.gif

Hahaha!

E3 will be SCORPIO SCORPIO SCORPIO here is my hopes

1) Complete introduction to scorpio, specs and capabilities and announcing that all Microsoft First party games past/present will be Scorpio enabled on Day 1

2) Halo 5 Campaign DLC which will either revolve around Blue Teams history together or a lead up to Halo 6. The DLC will take full advantage of Scorpios capabilities as will all of Halo 5.

3) Major push of Sea of Thieves because it deserves it and i really believe is flying under too many radars as people already have it labeled as "The new no mans sky"

4) Crackdown 3 Shown off using Scorpio

5) State of Decay 2 Shown off using Scorpio

6) Return of Battletoads, because we all know its coming

7) Return of Banjo or Conker using actual gameplay

8) As for this spot Microsoft needs to end the event with something that is going to blow the crowd and gaming public away. I dont even know what they could do maybe a Perfect Dark return as well using Scorpio?

SOR5

E3 will be SCORPIO SCORPIO SCORPIO here is my hopes

1) Complete introduction to scorpio, specs and capabilities and announcing that all Microsoft First party games past/present will be Scorpio enabled on Day 1

2) Halo 5 Campaign DLC which will either revolve around Blue Teams history together or a lead up to Halo 6. The DLC will take full advantage of Scorpios capabilities as will all of Halo 5.

3) Major push of Sea of Thieves because it deserves it and i really believe is flying under too many radars as people already have it labeled as "The new no mans sky"

4) Crackdown 3 Shown off using Scorpio

5) State of Decay 2 Shown off using Scorpio

6) Return of Battletoads, because we all know its coming

7) Return of Banjo or Conker using actual gameplay

8) As for this spot Microsoft needs to end the event with something that is going to blow the crowd and gaming public away. I dont even know what they could do maybe a Perfect Dark return as well using Scorpio?

Thanks Shil Pencer

hawk2025

Yet again -- if the standard is Dead Rising 4... Nope, not going to get preemptively excited with the proverbial egg still in the ass of the chicken.

My predictions:

Forza Motorsport 7 - 2017 Release
Halo Wars 2 - 2017 Release
Crackdown 3 - Delayed until 2018
Sea of Thieves - 2017 Release (Underwhelming)
State of Decay 2 - Cancelation delayed until 2018
Cuphead - Delayed until 2018
Below - Delayed until 2018
Ashen -2017 Release
Phantom Dust HD - Canceled
Fable Fortune Canceled
Voodoo Vince - Phil Spencer loves and made it so it comes out in 2017

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So new Banjo, Phil?

No? See you next year then I guess :(.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Do people not realise HW2 is released 5 months before E3?

Gestault

What they meant for Azure enhanced graphics and physics was just a hardware upgrade enhancement.

Kinda weird they are going to showcase it like it was Crysis

Just to be clear, that poster isn't reporting something official. It's an educated guess.

Also, the Azure stuff (which we saw in a gameplay demonstration a while back) was about physics and destruction, not the visuals. If they do show Crackdown 3 on Scorpio, it wouldn't stop if from being better IQ w/ the networked physics system.

Fingers crossed, I really liked Crackdown 1
and 2

Theorry

My predictions:

Ashen -2017 Release
Fable Fortune Canceled

Halo Wars comes out next month. ;)

Bsigg12

My predictions:

Ashen -2017 Release
Fable Fortune Canceled

Halo Wars 2 just went gold and releases next month.

Crackdown has already been delayed. Won't happen again or it'll be cancelled.

State of Decay 2 will be a 2017 release

Cuphead and Below are both coming this year. Both have been delayed and expanded on.

Phantom Dust HD will be an E3 release.

Fable Fortune isn't or wasn't a Microsoft project.

Voodoo Vince isn't a Microsoft project either, it's an ID@Xbox game.

While Scalebound"s cancellation made me sad, come on, even Silent Hills had a higher profile cancellation

yeah that guy is blowing is load by saying it's the highest profiled cancellation, outside of gaming forums no one really knew what it was, I consider high profiled to be a game anticipated by everyone ... silent hill is a good example like you said.

mike4001_

major marketing pushes behind Crackdown/Sea of Thieves and Forza in addition to 100% guaranteed critical acclaim games like cuphead, state of decay 2 and Phantom Dust shows MS can have a capable year if they market them properly

This software will be supplemented by all being run in 4K through Scorpio

I really hope State of Decay 2 gets the AAA treatment.

If they could just add one unannounced AAA game this year I would be satisfied

Yet again -- if the standard is Dead Rising 4... Nope, not going to get preemptively excited with the proverbial egg still in the ass of the chicken.
Game quality has nothing to do with this (though IMO, DR4 is fine for what it is). Just proving that Microsoft is more likely to announce 2017 releases at E3 than they are nor to.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Cool. Those games are boring.
Sea of Thieves, Halo Wars 2 and Crackdown 3 are already not those games. So I don't take this to mean there'll be more games.

Phantom Dust still exists?

gamz

Euh ok?

- Halo 5 released October 27, 2015.
- No Halo FPS released in October 27, 2016.
- No Halo FPS will release in 2017.
- That means we will probably get a FPS Halo in October-Nov, 2018.

Thats 3 years.

I meant it's not interesting because it's always been that cycle.

Top Bottom