• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Some reviewers give games low scores to get more clicks

I get Phil... I'm sure Phil knows that, too... I hope people don't blow this out of proportion.

I'm not sure picking people who really liked a title that a majority found to be average is the strongest defence to the premise that any outlier opinions on a title are inherently suspect

Just to be clear, I was situating those thoughts in relation to the premises contained in the posts below. Not in relation to Phil Spencer's claims (which were obviously quite silly).

...I could have linked to Ori and the Blind Forest, to Stardew Valley, Steins;Gate, The Witness, Undertale, Hex, Odin Sphere...

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I have seen a smartphone review where it was trashed by the reviewer.

The reviewer mentioned something that would be important to the minority. And treated it as if the general public would care. And AFAIK it's the first and probably only time it was bought up in reviews.

The issue? Rooting and custom Roms on an Android phone.

Just about every other review gave it high marks except that one.

Clearly it was reviewed that way for a reason. Yes it exists. But you gotta be be bigger than that Phil.

Top Bottom