• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-griffy-

Banned
Seeing this just makes me more worried. There can not be much packaging/structural integrity with that small of a box. Please do not arrive all crushed with junk FedEx/UPS shipping.

Have you guys ever gotten an Apple product? They are in similarly slim boxes, and the first thing you see when you open them is the device seemingly unprotected:

iphone_5_box.jpg

DSC_4011.jpg

PS4 will be fine.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Seeing this just makes me more worried. There can not be much packaging/structural integrity with that small of a box. Please do not arrive all crushed with junk FedEx/UPS shipping.

Look at Apple packaging. Small does not equal unsafe.

edit:

^^^^
Oh you bastard.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
anyone experienced with getting a console on release with no pre-order? should i be going to sears? what time should i be lining up? HALP!

fiyah

My Launch Edition PS4 says delivery estimate November 20th - 22nd....do I need to have Prime in order to get launch date arrival? How does that work?

Vizzeh

Banned
My Launch Edition PS4 says delivery estimate November 20th - 22nd....do I need to have Prime in order to get launch date arrival? How does that work?

Maybe the demand for delivery on that day is too high for Amazon :/

Picking mine up midnight, launch night....28th Nov :(

~~Hasan~~

The box of the MacBook Pro Retina has actually protective foam on the inside of the top cover. I guess the PS4's box will have the same.

don't get your hopes up. I have a feeling it wont.

I am really worried about the shipment over seas right now. I will have to call the shipping company shop and ship and ask them if there is a way I can make it more secure package

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I am really worried about the shipment over seas right now. I will have to call the shipping company shop and ship and ask them if there is a way I can make it more secure package

lol, don't be. It will be fine. Many boxes also come in enclosing cartons with styrofoam that protect the actual retail box.

The worst packaging I ever had was my Logitech G27. It was just lying in a plastic bag in its carton box without any additional material, no styrofoam, no nothing.

Kolgar

My local Gamestop is just now putting out their PS4 demo unit. It's still in plastic but I got to hold the DualShock. Nice, tight, rubbery comfort. Just the way I like it.

I believe it says that because they don't have a way to enable the release day delivery notification on it, so it defaults to the 2 days shipping. Leaving warehouse on a Monday would mean Tuesday or Wednesday arrival.

Don't worry. You'll get it on release day if yours says launch edition. Go ask an amazon rep if you want confirmation.

Korezo

Mine had same date to, but that was because I had the standard free shipping. So what I did was apply for the amazon 30 day prime trial and switched delivery to 2 day shipping and now it updated to Nov 15 delivery for 8pm.

Covfan

Someone posted this on Avforums earlier
I unboxed the PS4 earlier today, and inside the actual PS4 console does NOT have ANY of those cardboard pads that they had with the PS3, instead just thin paper cardboard holding it in place.

At least inside the PS4 box, all the accessories are nicely divided

It is literally the console wrapped with a thin layer of clear plastic that is streamlined fitted in the slim box. Also the cardboard used for the PS4 box is thinner than my PS3 Slim 160GB box.

The shippers have to box the console box before shipping to avoid damage as there is almost no padding inside the PS4 box."

We better hope the online retailers package them up well and don't just plonk them inside an outer box without any packaging inside like shopto did with their WiiU's on release, would be gutted to receive a console dead on arrival. I'd have preferred the usual method of packaging with the card inserts suspending the console inside the box, at least that gives it a bit of shock protection.

So I said yesterday I'd check inventory levels around my area and things look good! 4 stores around me show 100+ systems in transit while some of the smaller stores have between 30-60. Also not updated completely as my specific store only getting 12 so hopefully that changes ha.

Good start though..

I about peed myself when Walmart sent me a shipping confirmation today, until I saw that they only shipped the camera from my bundle. :(

My good friend posted this earlier...

1394145_10151695736166640_941635857_n.jpg

I won't say which store this is, but they have landed in the GTA (for you living in the area)...

It says "Jet Black" in the lower corner of the PS4 box. There shouldn't be a need to list that unless other PS4 color consoles are coming someday.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
anyone experienced with getting a console on release with no pre-order? should i be going to sears? what time should i be lining up? HALP!

I walked into Target about 2 hours after they opened and bought a Wii U no problem. Granted that was Wii U and I was the first person to buy one but Sony's stock level sounds pretty absurd right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom