• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 hUMA implementation and memory enhancements details - Vgleaks

Not really, because in case of such stalls the GPU just switches execution contexts and does something else. It's the same with texture fetch operations. Those too stall the current task execution, but in this case the GPU just switches context. The individual task is stalled but the overall resource saturation can be maintaned. (As I said, some cycles for management logic are always lost, but this should be comparatively negligible.)

Ahh, I see. So the point of the volatile tag is to save relatively low bandwidth of onion? Thanks for the info btw.

KidBeta

with beauty i would say look better ..dont turn my words into something that i would never say im not talking about personal taste...

i can see clearly the models in driveclub are LOTS less complex than car models in forza....forza have...an advanced physics compared to dc ..if im not wrong i seen also crashes physics in some video? but no i dont want compare this games...driveclub is a new franchise...cant be compared to gt or forza

again im just pointing the fact that people here fill their mouth with words ..and then the reality is just different

They are also massively different games, your comparison of them to start with is completely invalid and wrong.

The reality is not different, the PS4 for nearly every conceivable metric has a significant lead (40%/90%), for some specific things it is 6% behind the XBONE, and then theres the latency of the eSRAM but even that won't makeup for a 40/90% deficiency in other area's.

Ahh, I see. So the point of the volatile tag is to save relatively low bandwidth of onion? Thanks for the info btw.

The volatile bit along with the selective writebacks and invalidation means that unlike other GPUs (ie prior to the PS4 stuff) you do not have to flush the entire L2 cache when you want to coherent write back of compute shader content from the L2.

This sums up one of the bigger advantages

On the R10xx, the complete L2 was flushed, so any data in use by the graphics shaders (e.g. the current textures) would need to be reloaded

mrklaw

MrArseFace
kidbeta you are right about "waiting multiplats" i respect ur point of view..and i really do it

but clearly ppl here are blind of fanboyism seeing in knack and a sub hd version with mid setting of bf4 ...as next gen games

i know that forza is 1080p@60fps
and honesly is more "beauty" than driveclub ...but i know the comparasion is bad..coz that is turn10...and forza is a bigger franchise...

but on the other hand like im reading in 800 thousands thread for a console that can eat wiiu+x360+xb1 ..flops all together (someone did this really stupid statement) would be reallly sad to dont see something that stand up over the rivals...(and ps4 dosnt have nothing that stand up) this is my point

forza and driveclub are bad examples, but they are both 'driving' games and so will be compared. One is a sim and the fps is more critical. Also arguably T10 are playing it safe from what we've seen. More like forza 4 in 1080p and the car models updated to autovista levels. That's still very impressive but just to give it context. Driveclub is an arcade racer and so is using 30fps to go for more visual oomph. The lighting and amount of trackside detail is a step above forza IMO. But fundamentally both are doing different things, so A:B comparisons aren't really fair

BF4 you really shouldn't criticise what res and detail level the PS4 might run at until we see it. Plus we haven't seen the xbox version which could be even worse. Plus it looks like the PC version will be very demanding to run at ultra - early builds needed a titan or 780 for 60fps

PS4 is more powerful than XB1. Whether you see it in launch games or not is irrelevant. It will manifest itself down the line. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you buy a console based on launch titles, you are making the wrong bet.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

I was not really talking about the PS4 or the XB1 in particular, just about the general purpose of hUMA in comparison to 360ish UMA. That might have caused some confusion. The vgleaks article, for instance, talks about improved cache performance, and here one might point out that the particular implementation saves a fixed number of cycles, but in a general comparison between to different concepts (hUMA/UMA), those details are negligible and can be omitted.

The reality is not different. A game that has been given more time in the oven to cook, the game in question being Infamous, looks mind blowing compared to every launch game so far.

Talent and experience has a lot to do with it - Japan Studio is Japan Studio and Evolution, as good as they are, haven't got tons of experience with a "proper" racer. Meanwhile T10 has a ton of talent and have been putting out Forza games for god knows how long. Is it any surprise they're able to get solid results quickly?

Meanwhile Sucker Punch is making another Infamous game and aren't pressured to launch at November. And guess what, that game looks incredible.

but on the other hand like im reading in 800 thousands thread for a console that can eat wiiu+x360+xb1 ..flops all together (someone did this really stupid statement) would be reallly sad to dont see something that stand up over the rivals...(and ps4 dosnt have nothing that stand up) this is my point
This is not true. Killzone and Infamous have shown gameplay that's technically superior to anything shown on One. It's fine if you prefer the look of One titles, but from a technical standpoint they are inferior.

Applecot

So with PS4 having HuMa, GDDR5, more powerful GPU, and some other stuff I forgot.

How wide is the gap between Xbox One and PS4 in none technical terms.

Between noticeable and not noticeable.

On a side note, I'm betting anyone touting the Xbones DX11.x support is red faced atm.

redhot_

I guess for what it's worth, it should offer some perspective to those who keep claiming that only Sony fans run into Xbox threads and shit them up.

He did say he's buying both.

That's the new thing to state to assure there's no favouritism right? Right?!...

toff74

This is not true. Killzone and Infamous have shown gameplay that's technically superior to anything shown on One. It's fine if you prefer the look of One titles, but from a technical standpoint they are inferior.

A first person shooter and a third person action game: revolutionary lol.

I think you mean graphically? Gameplay wise there are plenty of comparisons.

Gone OT, sorry.

ElTorro

Wasn't that something the Nvidia RSX was very awful at? I mean lots of pipeline stalls and so on.

The RSX' pipeline tends to be vertex input limited, hence the other parts of the pipeline where harder to saturate. I don't know how many contexts the RSX can maintain, but I think that the vertex input limitation was the main issue in saturating the GPU. The best titles (technically) on PS3 used Cell to cull vertices before sending them to the RSX, but I guess that most titles didn't really do that.

A first person shooter and a third person action game: revolutionary lol.

I think you mean graphically? Gameplay wise there are plenty of comparisons.

Gone OT, sorry.
By "gameplay that's technically superior" I merely meant not cutscenes or in-engine stuff. I didn't mean the play itself was technically superior (I'm not even sure what that would mean). Sorry if it wasn't clear.

The volatile bit along with the selective writebacks and invalidation means that unlike other GPUs (ie prior to the PS4 stuff) you do not have to flush the entire L2 cache when you want to coherent write back of compute shader content from the L2.

This sums up one of the bigger advantages

On the R10xx, the complete L2 was flushed, so any data in use by the graphics shaders (e.g. the current textures) would need to be reloaded

So that would speed up context switching right after running a process that needs coherency with the CPU?

So from what I understand of the benefits of hUMA from the article + you and ElTorro's help:
Allows cpu+gpu shared memory.
lower bandwidth usage by using volatile tags when writing to coherent buffer.
faster context switching between compute programs that use both cpu+gpu and shaders.

Is this correct?

KidBeta

So that would speed up context switching right after running a process that needs coherency with the CPU?

So from what I understand of the benefits of hUMA from the article + you and ElTorro's help:
Allows cpu+gpu shared memory.
lower bandwidth usage by using volatile tags when writing to coherent buffer.
faster context switching between compute programs that use both cpu+gpu and shaders.

Is this correct?

my quote is specific to the PS4 but yeah, the volatile tags and advancements to the caching system should allow you to not do faster context switching, but rather to reduce the cost of coherent GPGPU being run in parallel with the normal graphics programs.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
i know knack is next gen as 30 fps driveclub and 720 medium setting bf4

what about being honest with yourself?

DICE confirmed that BF4 runs at higher than 720p and medium settings is just one guy's guess. Why are you using that against the PS4 when the Xbox One version will probably be worse?

Because he actually doesn't understand the raw basics of computer hardware and software. This is the guy who failed to understand what directx11.2 feature sets mean.

Look at his post history for one.

Log4Girlz

Ok, so is this how it works. I have no idea what I'm talking about but...

So the CPU and GPU often have to work together on to create a game. In the past the information of a scene and how to build it were in an instruction manual (memory) and the CPU and GPU would take turns passing the manual around as they needed to finish each scene. Now its like they can both look at it together at the same time.

with beauty i would say look better ..dont turn my words into something that i would never say im not talking about personal taste...

i can see clearly the models in driveclub are LOTS less complex than car models in forza....forza have...an advanced physics compared to dc ..if im not wrong i seen also crashes physics in some video? but no i dont want compare this games...driveclub is a new franchise...cant be compared to gt or forza

again im just pointing the fact that people here fill their mouth with words ..and then the reality is just different

Man, i'm glad you talked about car models and physics and left out lighting, we wouldn't want to talk more advanced stuff in driveclub, wouldn't we?
The irony of that last part is glorious though, you just described every single post of yours in every single tech thread.

i know knack is next gen as 30 fps driveclub and 720 medium setting bf4

what about being honest with yourself?

How about that XB1 BF4 version? Or that dead rising 3 is "aiming for 30 fps"? That next-gen version, am i rite? How about Killzone, which looks great and mp runs at 60 fps? This argument was pathetic a few months ago and it's even more pathetic now that some of these games are shaping up quite well. Framerate in these games has no relation to the horsepower these consoles have. But feel free to continue being ignorant about the matter, it's not like anyone actually pays attention to anything you say.

but as always ill buy both console

Yeah, thank god you pointed that out. If you didn't say it, we would have thought you would only buy a X1 or a PS4 and it would have rendered your opinion irrelevant.

looking from the games showed xb1 seem more powerfull than ps4 to me

KZ and Infamous say hi.

kidbeta you are right about "waiting multiplats" i respect ur point of view..and i really do it

but clearly ppl here are blind of fanboyism seeing in knack and a sub hd version with mid setting of bf4 ...as next gen games

i know that forza is 1080p@60fps
and honesly is more "beauty" than driveclub ...but i know the comparasion is bad..coz that is turn10...and forza is a bigger franchise...

Again, see my previous point. Talking about BF4 when we haven't even seen the X1 version or comparing framerates just makes you, quite honestly, look like a fanboy. It was the prime argument a few months ago, until it hit some people that there too are 30 fps games on the X1! Incredible, isn't it?
Also, I, for one, am certainly glad you're throwing around a subjective term, like beauty, to analyse the power of the hardware. It's just the right thing to do, you know?
You have no point. The ps4 hardware IS more powerful, that is the only thing people are saying and talking about. It has an advantage in almost every single front you want to talk about. Seriously, i'm even seeing a few MS supporters (in this thread and the others) that are coming to grips with reality and you keep making a fool of yourself with these comments. Honestly, just deal with it. Mark Cerny did great work with the hardware and designed it with certain future features for games in mind. Microsoft even came out and publicly acknowledged that they didn't target the higher end graphics.
“We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player.”
There's no way you can even dispute that statement.

Seriously, stop posting in tech threads. You made a fool of yourself with that previous dx11 comment in the other thread and bring complete bullshit arguments to other tech threads and you still expect people to continue to be quiet about it? You're literally the worst poster i've ever seen in these tech threads, you're almost proud of your ignorance on this subject.

The reality is not different. A game that has been given more time in the oven to cook, the game in question being Infamous, looks mind blowing compared to every launch game so far.

Talent and experience has a lot to do with it - Japan Studio is Japan Studio and Evolution, as good as they are, haven't got tons of experience with a "proper" racer. Meanwhile T10 has a ton of talent and have been putting out Forza games for god knows how long. Is it any surprise they're able to get solid results quickly?

Meanwhile Sucker Punch is making another Infamous game and aren't pressured to launch at November. And guess what, that game looks incredible.

I thought driveclub looks amazing, granted I've only looked from compressed 720p video, but that game looks really next gen to me. The environment detail, lighting, paint scratches on the car etc. Not sure how to describe it, but just from that 720p video I felt like that is not something current gen can do.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ok, so is this how it works. I have no idea what I'm talking about but...

So the CPU and GPU often have to work together on to create a game. In the past the information of a scene and how to build it were in an instruction manual (memory) and the CPU and GPU would take turns passing the manual around as they needed to finish each scene. Now its like they can both look at it together at the same time.

To use this analogy, the GPU could actually read the manual before - the scene information - but it was slow to modify it in any way that the CPU would need to know about. So the manual was (kind of) read only from the GPU's point of view, while the CPU could manipulate it (add objects, do the game simulation that modified objects etc)

For example, it could add things to the scene, but they'd have to 'fluff' that the CPU and game simulation didn't care about. So it could add a spark for decorative purposes, but not actually move an object that fed into the game simulation (e.g. that could affect the player or an object that could affect the player or its status).

That's why many GPU physics sims focus on 'fluff' that don't actually affect gameplay. It's slow to read back data computed by the GPU in order to factor its results into the game sim.

If you have a universal memory space and the GPU can write efficiently to memory shared by the CPU and GPU, it changes the kinds of things the GPU can work on. You can have it work on things that affect the game simulation, things the CPU needs to be aware of, or have it work in tandem with the CPU on those things - e.g. let the CPU and GPU work on a datastructure, where the CPU handles parts of the algorithm it is good at (e.g. maybe very branch-y bits) and the GPU works on parts it's good at (e.g. very parallel bits that are computation heavy with little branching).

KidBeta

If you have a universal memory space and the GPU can write efficiently to memory shared by the CPU and GPU, it changes the kinds of things the GPU can work on. You can have it work on things that affect the game simulation, things the CPU needs to be aware of, or have it work in tandem with the CPU on those things - e.g. let the CPU and GPU work on a datastructure, where the CPU handles parts of the algorithm it is good at (e.g. maybe very branch-y bits) and the GPU works on parts it's good at (e.g. very parallel bits that are computation heavy with little branching).

To add to this, you really need good coherency between the GPU and CPU as well for this to work or else you run the risk of the GPU having a cached value that the CPU cannot see. This is the main thing that Sony has worked on improving in the PS4 compared to AMD's original solution and it should bring great benefits to doing parallel GPGPU and and graphics without effecting the graphics side of things much.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
To add to this, you really need good coherency between the GPU and CPU as well for this to work or else you run the risk of the GPU having a cached value that the CPU cannot see. This is the main thing that Sony has worked on improving in the PS4 compared to AMD's original solution and it should bring great benefits to doing parallel GPGPU and and graphics without effecting the graphics side of things much.

Yes, the cache stuff is important here too.

To put it another way, basically, 'before', the CPU would describe a scene and throw that data over a wall to the GPU, and forget about it, not care what the GPU was doing with that data. It would move on to the next frame of simulation, it wouldn't take any feedback from the GPU's processing.

That CPU work is basically the core game simulation, working out the state of the scene. The GPU could make changes to the scene and objects, but really only superficial ones that the CPU doesn't need to be notified about (e.g. hair, fur, sparks, tessellation of geometry)

With changes like this, the wall can be broken down, the GPU and CPU can work on the stuff only the CPU could really work on before.

I'm just a blond monkey to you, aren't I? - said everyone not versed in the tech side of things.

No but seriously I was posting in the X1 forum on X360A and we were discussing the merits of the two consoles, and someone actually had the audacity to say that the X1 "can be said to be more powerful than the PS4". I couldn't help but laugh. I mean I've been an Xbox player since I sold my PS2 to get the first one and never looked back, yet I'm not blind or ignorant enough to put my cool guy sunglasses on and pretend like the X1 and PS4 are on equal footing in terms of raw horsepower.

The "cloud" gets thrown around a whole lot as the way MS hopes to level the playing field, but I just don't see that happening. Sure, there might be some interesting uses of it by 1st party games aiming to increase on-screen player count and such, but when the rubber hits the road most devs are going to create games for the lowest common denominator. So multiplat titles will look marginally better on PS4 probably, and 1st party titles for the X1 will be built for the eventuality that they will be played offline without the ability of "the cloud" to make them better, unless they are online-only games like Titanfall. Even then forgive me for not believing in the unicorn/silver bullet/whatever that X1 proponents like to pretend "the cloud" will be.

I'm buying both, but I will likely only play system exclusives on the X1 and maybe the occassional multiplat my friends are big into on it. Otherwise I'll be playing PS4. I'd rather have the raw power and system architecture that is friendly and straightforward to developers for creating games run entirely by the console than to hedge mybets on an embedded memory cache and inferior system architecture that gives devs more hurdles to jump in game development. At around the 3-4 year mark I think we're going to start seeing some MASSIVE differences between the two in regards to first party games, and those differences will likely go in the PS4's favor for the most part.

antic604

Banned
So RSX was pretty unflexible without Cell, but Cell was a pain in the ass as well. I guess many studios can't wait to leave the PS3 behind. ^_^

And you can see in latest face-offs (Saints Row IV & Splinter Cell) that some of them stopped caring anymore...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Seriously, stop posting in tech threads. You made a fool of yourself with that previous dx11 comment in the other thread and bring complete bullshit arguments to other tech threads and you still expect people to continue to be quiet about it? You're literally the worst poster i've ever seen in these tech threads, you're almost proud of your ignorance on this subject.
I'm glad someone else said it. I try to give him somewhat of a break because of his poor English skills so I'm not sure what he understands and doesn't but it seems pretty clear that he's hell bent on just throwing out phrases like Shape chip and eSRAM without any knowledge of what they mean and furthering the "PS4 can't do 60fps" nonsense.

TheKayle

Banned
Man, i'm glad you talked about car models and physics and left out lighting, we wouldn't want to talk more advanced stuff in driveclub, wouldn't we?
The irony of that last part is glorious though, you just described every single post of yours in every single tech thread.

How about that XB1 BF4 version? Or that dead rising 3 is "aiming for 30 fps"? That next-gen version, am i rite? How about Killzone, which looks great and mp runs at 60 fps? This argument was pathetic a few months ago and it's even more pathetic now that some of these games are shaping up quite well. Framerate in these games has no relation to the horsepower these consoles have. But feel free to continue being ignorant about the matter, it's not like anyone actually pays attention to anything you say.

Yeah, thank god you pointed that out. If you didn't say it, we would have thought you would only buy a X1 or a PS4 and it would have rendered your opinion irrelevant.

KZ and Infamous say hi.

Again, see my previous point. Talking about BF4 when we haven't even seen the X1 version or comparing framerates just makes you, quite honestly, look like a fanboy. It was the prime argument a few months ago, until it hit some people that there too are 30 fps games on the X1! Incredible, isn't it?
Also, I, for one, am certainly glad you're throwing around a subjective term, like beauty, to analyse the power of the hardware. It's just the right thing to do, you know?
You have no point. The ps4 hardware IS more powerful, that is the only thing people are saying and talking about. It has an advantage in almost every single front you want to talk about. Seriously, i'm even seeing a few MS supporters (in this thread and the others) that are coming to grips with reality and you keep making a fool of yourself with these comments. Honestly, just deal with it. Mark Cerny did great work with the hardware and designed it with certain future features for games in mind. Microsoft even came out and publicly acknowledged that they didn't target the higher end graphics.

There's no way you can even dispute that statement.

i think you reading me so wrong

im not pointing at ps4 bf4 versiona gainst xb1...but i cant help if im not excited from knack graphics from driveclub (graphics) or from this console version of bf4 (pretty much will be a downgrade version on both console)

the fact is that is this gen is starting too much behind pc specs...(a mid lvl old gtx gpu serie do 500/600 gflops more than the ps4) ok pc cost more blablalbalb close enviroment blalbalbla unified blablalba we are there...u getting this ---> 1.8tf <---- ...now...an old gen 120 euro gpu is there too if you add 50 euro you wil get already that 500 gf more that fix the "open enviroment" pc prob

to be clear im not here to compare pc to console (would be so stupid) but for the first time im not getting why are all so excited...honestly i was expectig lots more from both consoles ..and if that 1.8 tf excite you this much. ok but knowing this i7 pc where im posting with two gtx660ti inside on paper already destroy those consoles taped together (as someone on this thread make that stupid statement wiiu+x360+xb1<ps4) make me so sad and also if i know that ill buy both of them ..ill do it coz there are good developers payed to release AAA titles on that hardware ...not coz this gen that hardware is NEXT GEN..and developer need that hw to make better games...

IMO specs talking this gen is ridiculous...so lets talk about software....and this was my point
if with this CLOSED ENVIROMENT i need this 3/4 years to see the differences between xb1 and ps4...ms win their battle...

Finalizer

Precisely why I've been kinda facepalming at the back-and-forth so far. Frankly, you could've just left your entire post to that, since the rest essentially amounts to arguing with a brick wall.

KidBeta

IMO specs talking this gen is ridiculous...so lets talk about software....and this was my point
if with this CLOSED ENVIROMENT i need this 3/4 years to see the differences between xb1 and ps4...ms win their battle...

You were nothing but specs when the rumours where that the XBONE was more powerful, I feel you don't want to talk about them because the XBONE has a severe deficit in many cases compared to the PS4.

I also don't understand how MS has won the battle, if the console that is $100 cheaper has the same graphics.

It would seem to me that, if that is the case, MS has lost, badly, they overspent on things that didn't make a difference.

TheKayle

Banned
You were nothing but specs when the rumours where that the XBONE was more powerful, I feel you don't want to talk about them because the XBONE has a severe deficit in many cases compared to the PS4.

I also don't understand how MS has won the battle, if the console that is $100 cheaper has the same graphics.

It would seem to me that, if that is the case, MS has lost, badly, they overspent on things that didn't make a difference.

when rumors was out ..was rumors and a person could still hope..as i and millions other people did

the hopes are gone and we having two low specs gaming consoles

the real difference between this two console are pretty much irrilevant at this point
and more time will take to show this differences more sony will play the ms game...

Prelude.

i think you reading me so wrong

im not pointing at ps4 bf4 versiona gainst xb1...but i cant help if im not excited from knack graphics from driveclub (graphics) or from this console version of bf4 (pretty much will be a downgrade version on both console)

the fact is that is this gen is starting too much behind pc specs...(a mid lvl old gtx gpu serie do 500/600 gflops more than the ps4) ok pc cost more blablalbalb close enviroment blalbalbla unified blablalba we are there...u getting this ---> 1.8tf <---- ...now...an old gen 120 euro gpu is there too if you add 50 euro you wil get already that 500 gf more that fix the "open enviroment" pc prob

to be clear im not here to compare pc to console (would be so stupid) but for the first time im not getting why are all so excited...honestly i was expectig lots more from both consoles ..and if that 1.8 tf excite you this much. ok but knowing this i7 pc where im posting with two gtx660ti inside on paper already destroy those consoles taped together (as someone on this thread make that stupid statement wiiu+x360+xb1<ps4) make me so sad and also if i know that ill buy both of them ..ill do it coz there are good developers payed to release AAA titles on that hardware ...not coz this gen that hardware is NEXT GEN..and developer need that hw to make better games...

I think you should stop posting in this type of threads, breh.
I mean, you often provide some top quality comedy stuff, but yeah, it's better if you don't talk about what you're not familiar with.

Hey let's talk about software too! Look at Infamous Second Son and Killzone! Don't those games look like real next gen games? Killzone is launching day one and Second Son is launched February so you don't have to actually wait to get some games that look really, really good.

But it seems you only have eyes for Knack and Driveclub. Knack is a game by Japan Studio, which has zero ambition for graphical greatness. Driveclub doesn't even look bad since it has some pretty hot lighting effects. It only really looks iffy from a gameplay point of view (which hasn't got anything to do with system hardware specs) and you can chalk that up to the fact Evolution doesn't really make proper racing simulators like Take 10 has been doing with Forza.

The reason why we're talking about specs is because Microsoft and Sony have done a lot of improve the efficiency of their hardware. Specifically, the GPU of the PS4 is designed for GPCPU that PCs can rarely use properly without causing performance to tank. Your i7 + SLI GTX660Ti system might smash the shit out of these consoles but you're ignoring driver issues, the fact your system costs at least $800, the fact your system draws around 400W from the wall, the fact it has a total thermal budget well over anything that you can cram inside a small box and the fact that its an overall very unoptimised system compared to these consoles.

KidBeta

when rumors was out ..was rumors and a person could still hope..as i and millions other people did

the hopes are gone and we having two low specs gaming consoles

the real difference between this two console are pretty much irrilevant at this point
and more time will take to show this differences more sony will play the ms game...

whats the MS game? I presume thats the being in the lead game?. The real differences between these consoles are pretty big, PC's generally catchup to consoles pretty quickly as well. This time its just happening before they launch because the consoles are going with a different configuration with different benefits (one of the main ones being cost and heat) this doesn't mean they won't bring anything interesting to the table, nor that they will have great looking games.

SgtCobra

omg TheKayle lol just stop.
I like the fact that you keep ignoring a KZ and IF and instead mention Knack and Drive club, every. single. time.
If you don't want to talk about the hardware then go to another topic to shout the same stuff you've been doing for months.

Mung

Ms win their battle? Your argument would only be valid if the xbox one was cheaper than the ps4. Then you could argue that the extra cost of the ps4 would not justify seeing a small difference in 3-4 yrs (I believe the difference will be obvious much sooner than that and it won't be small). As it is, MS have somehow won their battle by being 'slightly' less powerful and quite a bit more expensive.

And why are you obsessed by Knack?

ElTorro

I am continuously amazed by people who enter a thread just to say how uninteresting and irrelevant the topic is. (I usually just don't read such threads.) Such statements are usually followed by a red herring to derail the thread into another topic. And sadly, it works most of the time.

I am prepared to read stuff about Forza, DriveClub, Killzone, and Ryse for the next pages. :-(

Finalizer

I am continuously amazed by people who enter a thread just to say how uninteresting and irrelevant the topic is. (I usually just don't read such threads.) Such statements are usually followed by a red herring to derail the thread into another topic. And sadly, it works most of the time.

Which is precisely why I'm sad to see anyone bothering to engage TheKayle in the first place. Tech threads should be about tech, whodathunkit. But no, "boo-hoo stop being indirectly mean to Microsoft!" nonsense gets in the way. To reiterate,

I guess for what it's worth, it should offer some perspective to those who keep claiming that only Sony fans run into Xbox threads and shit them up.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

I am prepared to read stuff about Forza, DriveClub, Killzone, and Ryse for the next pages. :-(

He says he's getting a PS4 just to quantify what he's about to say. I've already noticed his posting habits. It's not exactly pro Sony and you see him post in this thread. It's not surprising. I don't even have to look up post history. I've just noticed and seen certain people post.

Let's cut the crap here and see if we can get back on point because all he's doing is derailing the thread with his misguided message. I already disagree but some of it is off topic. I already seen some of the flip flops so I won't get into what others have already went in circles with him on.

Precisely why I've been kinda facepalming at the back-and-forth so far. Frankly, you could've just left your entire post to that, since the rest essentially amounts to arguing with a brick wall.

Which is precisely why I'm sad to see anyone bothering to engage TheKayle in the first place. Tech threads should be about tech, whodathunkit. But no, "boo-hoo stop being indirectly mean to Microsoft!" nonsense gets in the way. To reiterate,

I engaged him knowing fully well that he's completely clueless about technology. At this point, he's literally just trolling these threads. I kinda did it to see if a mod would notice it or something, honestly.

I just don't like people like him hiding behind this "pc's are so much more powerful" facade, when I literally remember his first posts in gaf where he kept telling everyone to wait for final specs on the x1, the same rumors that were mostly a lock for god knows how along and how they turned out to be all true expect for sony's 8gb of ram, the same rumors that always pointed to more powerful hw in ps4.
Quite the coincidence his tune changed to "bah, these consoles are both underpowered, pc's are the way to go", when he also keeps using arguments like "lol, driveclub 30 fps". Don't try and tell me you're "going to buy both consoles" when you only go around in sony tech threads saying "lol, x1 is better".

prwxv3

I don't even get why the "the xbone can do 60 but ps4 can not" Even came to be. When the system has like 2 games that are 60 FPS a fighting and a racing game.

It reminds me of liquidboys hilarious meltdown that lead to his permbann.

If you want to compare the performance of the consoles you need to do it with multiplatform games really, wait for them to come out and have a look, comparing exclusives muddies the water a lot.

Too bad we can't right now. We've only seen PC or PS4 footage. Not a single clip of the X1 version of a multiplat game.

You'd think that would be damning evidence in itself.

Fergie

Banned
NaTzY9Y.jpg

I engaged him knowing fully well that he's completely clueless about technology. At this point, he's literally just trolling these threads. I kinda did it to see if a mod would notice it or something, honestly.

I just don't like people like him hiding behind this "pc's are so much more powerful" facade, when I literally remember his first posts in gaf where he kept telling everyone to wait for final specs on the x1, the same rumors that were mostly a lock for god knows how along and how they turned out to be all true expect for sony's 8gb of ram, the same rumors that always pointed to more powerful hw in ps4.
Quite the coincidence his tune changed to "bah, these consoles are both underpowered, pc's are the way to go", when he also keeps using arguments like "lol, driveclub 30 fps". Don't try and tell me you're "going to buy both consoles" when you only go around in sony tech threads saying "lol, x1 is better".
Jesus, this. I fucking hate this.

I have a PC that shits on my PS3 all day in terms of power, and probably outclasses the PS4 for years to come (GTX 770), but this whole "I think the _____ is better than _____ but really PC is best" shit is annoying.

ElTorro

Jesus, this. I fucking hate this.

One can see such comments as a positive thing. We are not in the "Dual APU and 12 GB Ram announcement next week" stage anymore, and the "performance of the gaps" arguments are getting less frequent. Although it was funny.

Top Bottom