• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Sorry, Mink. I still don't believe. Mostly because you've been wrong before. Also it means we get another completely unrelated to playstation character by the name of Ryu Hayabusa. And thats unacceptable!

You know what? Atleast Ryu has some minor PS exclusives and recent one being Vita port..port. Its amazing how they made me want Ryu more than Isaac.

Oh yeah Isaac and Zeus will be rivals.... How will that work out... Hmmm

pantsmith

Zeus would be okay if there were more villains. Other than "Killzone Guy" (as hes called by most of my friends).

Don't even know what to say to the people who expected more original 1st party characters, other than "Better luck next time".

#MinkRedemption

Do you guys think PSBR would make a good F2P game? (Where most things get microtransactioned? For example, you get 10 characters, and have to buy the rest, no other unlocks unless you buy it, etc.)?

I mean, if the game gets a nice population boost, maybe they can add 1v1...

Pachimari

I would love to see Ryu Hayabusa, we would almost have all of the beat em' up characters: Dante, Nariko, Kratos and Raiden.

The addition of Zeus sucks though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't care for Dead Space.

I don't really care about God of War.

But I can deal with these 2. I might not play them specifically, but I like the look of what they offer, so far.

And they're some of the most different characters possible from Kat and Emmett. Good on them for that little detail.

The biggest thing that sticks out for me, however is STILL the lack of a solid RPG character. Wild Arms, Disgaea, Legend of Dragoon, Legaia, Jade Cocoon, Jeanne D'Arc... really, so much stuff to choose from, and yet nothing to solidly represent the genre?

The stage however, looks great. It's fantastic how plainly the Unfinished Swan Castlescape sits in the background, and looks like it belongs in Dan's world... until you start to notice how plain and unfitting it is. Then watching the paintballs splat in, to show where blank geometry actually is... very cool. It seems to have a good size to it too.

Superbot, you could even make the "meh" look pretty cool (minus musical choices and certain fanservice elements), and seemed to be getting better at it. I'm pretty sure I'll miss your style on these things, if they continue to pump out more, but I hope SSM can do a good job emulating your style! At least you'll get to be remembered going forward, even if only by style association.

SSReborn

lol there are still some people on the official forum who don't believe TheMink.

I hope that along with Ryu Hyabusa if he is still coming we get any RPG character at this point.

Since this game is doomed to have marketing characters for DLC, next DLC will be Joel and Ellie vs Ryu. Or basically anything that is gonna be released within this year...

KevinCow

Banned
I will use Zeus and I will scream "PIKAAAAAA!" every time I do his down O.

Seriously though, it's nice to have a power character whose supers aren't utter garbage. Not to mention a power character who actually seems, you know powerful. Big Daddy and Sir Dan aren't anywhere as strong as they should be.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Im mad because some really good 2nd represents from certain games cant be used because they are ingame stages and minions.

Not necessarily. I mean there are a number of characters who double as background characters and minions. And you look at, say, MvC3, there are some playable characters who also appear in stage backgrounds, like Tron and Firebrand.

Not necessarily. I mean there are a number of characters who double as background characters and minions. And you look at, say, MvC3, there are some playable characters who also appear in stage backgrounds, like Tron and Firebrand.

We can hope for the best for 2nd reps...

But seriously no one else sees Zeus as kinda broken? 2 hits and he gains 85 AP?

SSReborn

I was worried about that too while watching, he looks insane. I was thinking boss character the whole time he was getting broken down. SSM better look into keeping this game balanced after these guys drop.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I saw him as painfully slow and easy to dodge.

edit

I was worried about that too while watching, he looks insane. I was thinking boss character the whole time he was getting broken down. SSM better look into keeping this game balanced after these guys drop.

Lol keep it balanced? Gotta be balanced to stay balanced... still gotta work on balancing what they have.

KevinCow

Banned

If you can get a fully charged hit in, which probably won't happen very often. Look at Smash. Fully charged Smash attacks pretty much never hit.

If you can get a fully charged hit in, which probably won't happen very often. Look at Smash. Fully charged Smash attacks pretty much never hit.

Im still quite sure people will use them at groups. Cheap tactic, but i can see people do that. Hopefully they are easily missable....

Square Enix characters are a nono. :(

Other than them denying SuperBot the use of Lara Croft, where did you hear that? I mean, sure, we have no reason to believe there WILL ever be any Square characters, but to my knowledge they've never outright said it won't happen, either (again, other than Lara).

Love your username, by the way. :)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Im still quite sure people will use them at groups. Cheap tactic, but i can see people do that. Hopefully they are easily missable....

I always do forget there is a FFA, but speaking competitively generally stuff like that isn't taken into account. But either way it'll still be hard to get a full charge attack off.

BeastM0de

Neo Member

Man half of the posts on in this thread are nerf begging. These guys havent even been shown for more than a few hours. Its nice to see 2 characters that are potentially top tier.

SSReborn

Man half of the posts on in this thread are nerf begging. These guys havent even been shown for more than a few hours. Its nice to see 2 characters that are potentially top tier.

Never implied at all that I wanted anyone nerfed. I'm one of those few people who is generally fine (granted I think a few tweaks could be made here and there) with the balance in the game as it stands. Just acknowledged the fact that Zeus looks like he can potentially be a problem to deal with and I hope that SSM will keep a close eye on the game balance like Superbot was doing before they cut ties with Sony.

Sponge

Banned
I don't mind Issac Clarke, Zeus on the other than is an odd choice.

You think Santa Monica will support this game after this DLC? It'd be nice to see this not get dropped anytime soon :(

Perhaps you would know, Mink? Hear anything from your source about Santa Monica having interest in keeping this thing going?

TheMink

Heyo! Insider info! :p

Ive got no more info right now, but ill fill in if i get any. Unless you guys dont want it of course.

To the above, i was definitely led to believe that they are still hard at work despite Superbot not being in the picture. Its hard to say for sure.
Ill try and find out for certain.

Edit:

SS, people in the other threads still dont believe me haha? XD

Pachimari

Ive got no more info right now, but ill fill in if i get any. Unless you guys dont want it of course.

To the above, i was definitely led to believe that they are still hard at work despite Superbot not being in the picture. Its hard to say for sure.

Of course we want it, I trust your source.

Too bad I have had no time to start this game. I have still only completed Arcade with Jak and Raiden and that's it. =(
And now I'm getting Metal Gear Rising, Ni No Kuni and God of War: Ascension to complete but I'm not complaining.

Maybe I can play PS All-Stars besides all those games.

TheMink

Of course we want it, I trust your source.

Too bad I have had no time to start this game. I have still only completed Arcade with Jak and Raiden and that's it. =(
And now I'm getting Metal Gear Rising, Ni No Kuni and God of War: Ascension to complete but I'm not complaining.

Maybe I can play PS All-Stars besides all those games.

Haha, i thought so :p

Man i like those guys alot. Lots of really cool stuff.

Step

Mink, you deserve a tag haha.

I can't believe I missed, before going to sleep I remember about Colin's exclusive interview and think "Meh, there is no way it is going to be PSASBR related"

Just thinkin since Seth wasn't an employee at SB and PSASBR now handled by SSM, what if this was coming a long time ago, it is only nonsense I am thinking ofc, I'll watch the interview now.

SSReborn

Edit:

SS, people in the other threads still dont believe me haha? XD

Yeah there are still some people who think you are lying. I don't know how they think you could've made up Zeus and Isaac. Those are two are such random choices there would have been no way to guess. Not to mention I remember when we were all hoping the game would be over 20 characters and you were certain that it was gonna be 20 at launch.

Drencrom

Cool looking characters from what i saw in the IGN breakdown with Seth Killian. The MediEvil stage looks nice too.

But goddamn, Zeus builds meter like a mofo

Won't be getting these two characters. Not interested in yet another gun-based one and I won't support of adding another character if one from that franchise already exists. What's next? Athena?

How hasn't this happened yet? It's like... A nobrainer haha.

The fact that someone would still doubt Mink... You've gotta be some new kind of stupid.

How could you not realize that Ryu and Lightning aren't an indication Mink was wrong, but rather that SuperBot was probably trying to get them and something fell through.

In Mink We Trust

Step

Zeus is a beast, they need to tune down the AP from his charge attack or atleast take off armor from some moves.

Isaac looks so fun to me, I'm not a fan of Jak or Ratchet's play style but I love the balance of them + Drake, Dat throw to return proyectiles.

The new costumes and minions are up on the webstore. NA

Kat, FP, Drake Sackboy
Emmett, Parappa, Kratos, Sly

Also sold individually.

Damn, EU switched up the characters. The first US pack seemed perfect for me since i like to play as all 4 characters, whereas i only use 2 from the second pack. In EU we get Parappa instead of Drake and although Parappa is cool too, i use Drake more. But since i never really used wetsuit Drake in Uncharted mp, i don't want it that bad. I'll get the rest of the skins if they ever go on sale.

As for the new characters, i expected Zeus to be in when the game was first announced, since Radec's inclusion led me to believe that the cast would also feature villains from the more prominent franchises, but that didn't pan out, so i forgot about the possibility. I can't say i'm over the moon about him and would rather see someone from a franchise that isn't already strongly represented in the game, but i'll rather take him than no new characters at all. I haven't played any of the Dead Space games, so i'm neutral on Isaac Clarke. Sure, he's another cross marketing character, but as long as he is a fun charcter to play as, i don't mind.

The new stage looks good and it's cool that Sir Daniel gets his own stage. Hopefully we'll also get the Gravity Rush stage that one of the artists mentioned in an interview.

TheMink

I can't believe I missed, before going to sleep I remember about Colin's exclusive interview and think "Meh, there is no way it is going to be PSASBR related"

Just thinkin since Seth wasn't an employee at SB and PSASBR now handled by SSM, what if this was coming a long time ago, it is only nonsense I am thinking ofc, I'll watch the interview now.

How hasn't this happened yet? It's like... A nobrainer haha.

The fact that someone would still doubt Mink... You've gotta be some new kind of stupid.

How could you not realize that Ryu and Lightning aren't an indication Mink was wrong, but rather that SuperBot was probably trying to get them and something fell through.

In Mink We Trust

Hahaha thanks guys :3

Yeah there are still some people who think you are lying. I don't know how they think you could've made up Zeus and Isaac. Those are two are such random choices there would have been no way to guess. Not to mention I remember when we were all hoping the game would be over 20 characters and you were certain that it was gonna be 20 at launch.

I could understand not wanting to believe me, im not pretty much never a bearer of good news haha XD

But i feel like if it were someone else who was doing this i would have to choice but to believe, so says logic and reasoning.

You guys always have though, with the appropriate amount of weariness :p

Sponge

Banned
Only Ryu left.

I'm still sad that lighting couldn't make it.

And who knows if Ryu is cancelled or not! At this point I'm a tad worried after this DLC if we'll get anymore at all. Hopefully Mink will talk to his source and get us some info on that.

Camjo-Z

Wow, Mink redeemed!

The Medievil/Unfinished Swan stage is awesome, but as for these characters... why. Of all the choices that fans asked for I think that Isaac and goddamn ZEUS were somewhere around the very bottom of the list... of course, considering Dead Space 3 just came out and GOW: Ascension is right around the corner, it's pretty obvious that any future characters we get (IF we get them) are going to be advertisements, so anyone who was hoping to see Dart or Wander or Robbit might as well give up now.

Cool. I really want Ryu and if Mink's been on the money so far that at least means he's coming with someone else...I'm happy with pretty much ANY dlc as long as we keep getting more stages and characters for a while. I want them to fill up all those empty spaces on the pick screen.

Other than them denying SuperBot the use of Lara Croft, where did you hear that? I mean, sure, we have no reason to believe there WILL ever be any Square characters, but to my knowledge they've never outright said it won't happen, either (again, other than Lara).

Love your username, by the way. :)

I have read history of Square. It took 2 years to get FF costumes in LBP.

And thank you for your compliment :>

To continue with my rants, why, why, why can't people take a fair loss? I busted my ass off after last night and got back to red belt 93 and i'm doing really well in this match that i'm about to win, when people start quitting. Last guy stayed until 10 seconds before the end when he saw that he couldn't win it anymore and quits. I lose 11 points. Next two matches it's the same guy again, only now he does better and wins both, no quitting there of course. I write him a message asking why he quit and he says he got mad, cause everyone else does that. Well, if that isn't a great consolation for me. He would have lost 1 point at best cause he was lower ranked, but no, gotta quit and make someone else lose 11 points. Please Santa Monica, for the love of all that's holy, make it so you don't lose points from lost connections or include host migration, just don't punish the players who aren't at fault.

To continue with my rants, why, why, why can't people take a fair loss? I busted my ass off after last night and got back to red belt 93 and i'm doing really well in this match that i'm about to win, when people start quitting. Last guy stayed until 10 seconds before the end when he saw that he couldn't win it anymore and quits. I lose 11 points. Next two matches it's the same guy again, only now he does better and wins both, no quitting there of course. I write him a message asking why he quit and he says he got mad, cause everyone else does that. Well, if that isn't a great consolation for me. He would have lost 1 point at best cause he was lower ranked, but no, gotta quit and make someone else lose 11 points. Please Santa Monica, for the love of all that's holy, make it so you don't lose points from lost connections or include host migration, just don't punish the players who aren't at fault.

Here is an idea. Just remove negative points entirely. Ofc it should naturally mean that gaining points would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder, but since there is no fear of errors and ragequits it would still be major improvement.

Here is an idea. Just remove negative points entirely. Ofc it should naturally mean that gaining points would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder, but since there is no fear of errors and ragequits it would still be major improvement.

I have said before that i didn't mind the current system (in theory at least), but by now i'm fine with any alternative that they can come up with, just as long as it will curb the rampant rage quitting and unfair loss of points, so you're suggestion isn't half bad.

To you fighting game enthusiasts, how do Street Fighter, Tekken and co. handle ranking?

Top Bottom