• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation.Blog: "Gamescom 2013 is Coming!"

KAL2006

Banned
The Japanese support for the PS4 at the moment is fairly poor, and especially from Sony's side. I just don't see why they wouldn't hold back a significant announcement like that for Japan's biggest show. It's not like they're going to be lacking in European titles (or western titles in general) at gamescom.

What was the last notable game that was announcedat TGS?

Magwik

Banned
Unannounced games?
7uj6lM0.gif

(Before people ask, I have no idea where this gif is from)

How long has Stig's project supposedly been in the oven at SSM? I hope to see that and a small teaser from Naughty Dog (I can dream).

That was a long time ago, TGS is now irrelevant. All the big Japanese titles have been announced elsewhere, including Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Monster Hunter 4, Metal Gear Solid V and etc.

The Japanese console market is theirs for the taking if they play their cards right. And part of that would be to not do what you're suggesting by treating the biggest gaming event there like it doesn't matter. And the fact that Yoshida, Ito and House are doing the keynote for the event at least suggests that they're thankfully taking it seriously.

Raven77

The biggest questions I have are as follows:

1. WILL we get a Vita price drop / PS4-Vita bundle announcement?

2. Will GTA V be on Vita (instant buy)

3. Do they have any surprise launch titles?

Endo Punk

If Gamescom is only for European games announcements then I can't see myself getting excited. As much flack SCEJ gets I feel they still create better games than Sony European studios, we already know about DriveClub and the Guerrilla teams are too busy with the two KillZones which I have no interest in. Not a LBP fan or whatever gimmicky game MM are working on next so that leaves Sony London and for that I say LOL.

Maybe if Sony can get Rocksteady on stage I will take notice because right now about the only thing that I expect to care about is the PS4 release date and proper look at the XMB.

If Gamescom is only for European games announcements then I can't see myself getting excited. As much flack SCEJ gets I feel they still create better games than Sony European studios, we already know about DriveClub and the Guerrilla teams are too busy with the two KillZones. Not a LBP fan or whatever gimmicky game MM are working on next so that leaves Sony London and for that I say LOL.

Maybe if Sony can get Rocksteady on stage I will take notice because right now about the only thing that I expect to care about is the PS4 release date and proper look at the XMB.

Yeah, don't assume anything about what you'll see.

These announcements aren't exclusive to EU announcements. Just catered.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If Gamescom is only for European games announcements then I can't see myself getting excited. As much flack SCEJ gets I feel they still create better games than Sony European studios, we already know about DriveClub and the Guerrilla teams are too busy with the two KillZones. Not a LBP fan or whatever gimmicky game MM are working on next so that leaves Sony London and for that I say LOL.

It's not, I don't know why we perpetuate this idea either.

Endo Punk

Yeah, don't assume anything about what you'll see.

These announcements aren't exclusive to EU announcements. Just catered.

If only Guerrilla would show the new IP they are working on but I'm not holding out hope seeing as how they have KZ to promote.

It's not, I don't know why we perpetuate this idea either.

Well Sony gotta save the good stuff for TGS, lol. Being the middle child is tough.

I want God of War 4 and Uncharted 4 to be shown pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Oh and Last Guardian. :(

You must be a masochist :p

If only Guerrilla would show the new IP they are working on but I'm not holding out hope seeing as how they have KZ to promote.

I've said time and time again, that I don't believe it'll happen, BUT what do I know.

Just seems unlikely given the Guerilla Management is already handling KZ:SF and Mercenary out the door.

BadWolf

If Gamescom is only for European games announcements then I can't see myself getting excited. As much flack SCEJ gets I feel they still create better games than Sony European studios, we already know about DriveClub and the Guerrilla teams are too busy with the two KillZones which I have no interest in. Not a LBP fan or whatever gimmicky game MM are working on next so that leaves Sony London and for that I say LOL.

SCEJ announced Puppeteer and Rain at last year's Gamescom.

SentryDown

Naughty Dog PS4 game
Santa Monica PS4 game
Media Molecule PS4 game
LittleBigPlanet 3
Sony Bend Vita game
A random big third party Vita title
Vita price cut
Annoying trailers for TLOU DLC, Pupeeter, Tearaway, Beyond, GT6, ...

You can do it Sony !

DieH@rd

Banned

Dony worry, vast majority of things they announce has worldwide appeal.

Sony Gamescom 2012 pressconf report:
PS+ arriving to Vita
Red Dead Redemption arriving at Instant Game Colllection
Terraway unveil
Puppeteer unveil
Killzone: Mercenary unveil
Unfinished Swan unveil
Rain unveil
Diggs Nightcrawler unveil [wonderbook adventure game]
Crossbuy Initiative unveiled
LBP Cross-Control
Playstation Mobile
New trailers for The Last Of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, Fifa 13, PlayStation All-Stars, ...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I came in here to tell people to keep their expectations in check, but it's too late. The hype train has taken off and left me behind.

I'm really looking forward to next week, but I've tempered my expectations considerably, like I do for all these events. I'm pretty sure I'll walk away from this conference satisfied, but I'm not going to get carried away.

Oh my god we are almost there. I am always waiting for the next big conference to hear from Sony. Sony4life and unannounced titles awesome. We were already told that it is all going to be about the launch of the PS4 + what's to come this fall.

KoopaTheCasual

The Japanese console market is theirs for the taking if they play their cards right. And part of that would be to not do what you're suggesting by treating the biggest gaming event there like it doesn't matter. And the fact that Yoshida, Ito and House are doing the keynote for the event at least suggests that they're thankfully taking it seriously.

Wait, that's not Square Enix's Ito, is it?

How long has Stig's project supposedly been in the oven at SSM?

Slightly after GoW3 ended, so presumably May/June 2010? Definitely at least 3 years by now.

Well, the biggest gap missing is that we don't know how long was the project stuck in concept development/pre-production.

We do know that the BSG, Angeli worked on it for at least 2 years, so there's at least some solid concepts since 2 years back. And the fact that the entire 150 members of the Ascension team is now working on the new project implies that it's pretty deep in already.

Top Bottom