• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation.Blog: "Gamescom 2013 is Coming!"

Hype countdown (Dark Theme fixed, thx ckohler :D):

t1377018000z0.png

I find it strange that i´m not all that excited about gamescom.

I was hyping up E3 a lot, it was good, but somehow it seems like gamescom is just around the corner and i don´t see much buzz abut it.

Hopefully they show something new.

It´s like the PS4 is done and ready to go, but the software isn´t finished yet. Just the impression i get.

Racer1977

Plz no more high profile PS3 announcements!

PS4/Vita goddammit!
+1, that should be it for PS3, sick of announcements for it.

Given how many first party PS4 games Sony claim they are releasing in year one, they must have multipl new game announcements before years end.

Heres my predictions/hopes for gamescom Sony:

3 new vita titles, one possibly from Tarsier, maybe restart City of Metronome and one from Bend.
Possible world wide vita price drop, maybe a new model?
More Gaikai, possible PS4 release date.
2 new more PS4 titles and maybe one or 2 ps3 titles.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Too bad we can't get DemonNite to make his usual pre-conference gif since he's going to Germany and will be busy wioth Gamescom stuff. Paging SunhiLegend! Paging SunhiLegend!

Yawnier

Banned
Unannounced titles? Niiiiice.

Last year's conference was pretty good, looking forward to this one. Hopefully we get a release date on Rain and Until Dawn.

ckohler

Please answer this stupid American's question:

Will the press conference be in English? It's in Germany, so I'm uncertain.

I can't wait for the live stream.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
PlayStation Sweden posted this:

Showen startar kl. 19.00 CET den 20 augusti 2013 med en sammanfattning inför media av våra planer för PlayStation 4-släppet ...

http://se.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item638419/Häng-med-oss-till-gamescom-2013/

Translation:

The show starts at 19.00 CET on August 20 2013 with a media briefing on our plans for the PlayStation 4 launch ...

The wording ("our plans for the PlayStation 4 launch") makes it seem like this more or less confirms that we will get the release date. I guess we all expected that anyway, but still.

Unfortunately I will be at work from Monday night to Friday morning night shift. So I will miss gamescon :( what people are saying on twitter. But on Friday evening I will start my stream like its a Tuesday. I hope every interview and video will be archived so we can re watch. Gametrailer did not archive their Monday stream :( of e3

Globox_82

Banned
Unfortunately I will be at work from Monday night to Friday morning night shift. So I will miss gamescon :( what people are saying on twitter. But on Friday evening I will start my stream like its a Tuesday. I hope every interview and video will be archived so we can re watch. Gametrailer did not archive their Monday stream :( of e3
someone should make spoiler free thread with the link, so you can watch when you get home

Good point. I should add a "White text". Wait, that doesn't make sense. Hmm.
Make the text red. That's going to work with all the themes and catches attention immediately :p

We need gifs and cryptic messages from Verendus
I think he said we are probably going to see Guerilla's new IP at gamescom. Not confirmed though. Also famousmortimer heavily hinted at Occulus Rift support. Now we just need GopherD and the world is complete.

CREMSteve

Didn't know this was being streamed, will figure out a way to watch as I'll likely be working at the time. I think I feel a cough coming on...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Too bad we can't get DemonNite to make his usual pre-conference gif since he's going to Germany and will be busy wioth Gamescom stuff. Paging SunhiLegend! Paging SunhiLegend!

What were all the gifs that DemonNite made last time? Most of the stuff showed up except for Half Life and Colony Wars.

While he's not Verendus, famousmortimer has hinted that we could finally see the PS4+Oculus Rift announcement at gamescom.
Holy shit if PS4 has Oculus support. I still don't know how it could work, 1080p, 60fps, 3D for each high is a much heftier processing requirement than most PS4 games will be doing, but it would be awesome.

Top Bottom