• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now announced (PS1/2/3 streaming to TVs/Tablets/Phones/PSes, Summer 2014)

NH0zEjj.gif

This is fantastic news. Hope to see it implemented well. If the execution is solid, this is a potentially very big feather in Sony's cap.

Between this and PS4 Remote Play, I've never been so turned around on a handheld before. Vita is going to be my most played handheld this year if this keeps up, surpassing SHEILD and 3DS.

Knew I could count on Sony to stand behind their promise to bring it to a lot of devices. Wonder how they do it with the PS3 games? Do they have racks and racks of Cell?

graywolf323

rent individual titles or pay a subscription for access to all, that's not bad

I do hope that they at least give us access to previously purchased games on PSN

So is this the first official " Gaikai " stuff then? Streaming games to Tablets / Vita?

Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait to see what The Last of Us looks like on the Vita lol. Could look much better with everything so condensed and on that OLED screen.

Mondy

Banned
Truly, this is a brilliant fucking move by Sony to revitalize the Vita. Make it available to people with Tablets to emphasize the touch screen controls that most people hate then also make it available on Vita.

Timeaisis

Wow, that's cool. So I guess this means PS2 games are finally playable on PS3/4?

Any news on pricing? Are we going to have to pay a subscription or is this something we can just buy a "pass" for a single game?

Damaniel

Banned
Give me an 'all you can eat' option (even if it's a little expensive) as an alternative to per-game rentals, and I'll sign up the second it's available. Hopefully Sony can keep it better stocked than Nintendo has managed to do with Virtual Console...

RoKKeR

So you can play PS3 and PS2 games on Vita with this? What about PS4 games, is that only through remote play?

BibiMaghoo

Just realised that patent from the other day allows them to insert trophies into the old games...

That...is wonderful.

And this is another reason I will not be letting go of my Vita anytime soon! This is what remote play should have always been with the PS3 console.

Gadirok

Playstation is evolving into an digital platform. This is amazing. If this was, say exclusive to Bravias for awhile it would actually convince me to get one. Just for these services.

Top Bottom