• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now announced (PS1/2/3 streaming to TVs/Tablets/Phones/PSes, Summer 2014)

Fou-Lu

Holy shit. My Vita is already seeing a ton of play between P4:Golden, indies, PSP and PSX titles, now I get to add PS2 and PS3 into the mix? Insanity.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm curious how it will work with tablets. If they let you pair a DS4 with an iPad and play Last of Us (and it works well) that'd be worth paying for.

I've been playing a lot of PS3 games lately and if I can do so on my Vita now! HOLY SHIT. I knew I got another Vita for PS4 remote play but this just takes it to a whole other level!

McWhoopass

Neo Member
This is exciting! I wonder if access to streamed titles is the future of PS+? No more free games, just free game access? Still looking forward to this. Bring on the PS2 games!

Salex_

I have to see how well this works but being able to play PS2/PS3 games on my Vita sounds so good. I hope you can play already digital purchased games.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So do we have any idea of how exactly this will work? I'm going to assume it doesn't take into account any previous purchases of PSN content that may work over this.

But say I want to play Godhand on my PS4, do I buy the subscription and then buy Godhand separately? Or do I just get access to PS2 games based on a subscription level? Or do I get Netflix style all access? Can I even play godhand on my PS4 or can I only stream PS3 games? Is anything on PSN available to stream or will I be able to stream the whole library?

Obviously I doubt anyone will know these answers yet but I am excited to find out!

Also does this mean that any thing is streamable from any device that meets the requirement?

Either way this is potentially one of the most mind blowing things sony has ever done.

Somnid

Hmmm...might be a way to play a couple of RPGs I want without needing to buy a new system. Given alternate hardware I don't even know why people would want to use a Vita for this though.

May finally buy a Vita if this works...

My only concern is that the video quality is awful like with onLive. It always looked as if you were playing through a YouTube video. Terrible! No wonder they went bankrupt.

Has Gaikai improved much in terms of latency in the past year or two? I remember trying both Onlive and Gaikai back in 2012 and the input lag made them pretty intolerable, at least for me. It also seemed like the FPS dipped a bit more on Gaikai making the bad latency seemingly worse. This could be a pretty good service provided they've fixed up that latency, although I'm concerned that the bad lag is something that's just inherent to this type of set up...

iammeiam

Curious to see what the pricing model will be, especially for games you already own digitally.

Also surprised they're not launching first on PS4.

DirtyLarry

Unless it is a ridiculously high price, and unless the lag is truly unbearable, you can pretty much count me in on a subscription no doubt.

sn00zer

First question out of general consumer's mouths "What about PS4 games?" because they certainly have the tech to do it if the want

Top Bottom