• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now announced (PS1/2/3 streaming to TVs/Tablets/Phones/PSes, Summer 2014)

Dunlop

The TV service has me interested...but I have 2 years of of PS+ attached to my account which is Canadian so I a pretty sure even a VPN won't help me

wah!

Alrus

Woah that would get me to buy a Vita on a heartbeat if the service is decent (and if it ever comes to Belgium...), I missed out on so many PS2/PS3 games...

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
It's good they aren't tying it down to just the PS4 and the Vita. Price is everything though so whether I use it or not will come down to that.*

*If we ever get it in Europe.

Banned
Fuck off I'm not buying another vita! Can't afford it. Also, no PS3 games on PS4?

What about input lag?

I have so many questions.

Korosenai

So if I go out and buy a vita right now, when this launches, I can buy and buy the Last of Us in my vita without a ps3?

Lingitiz

I'm very happy that I can probably play TLOU and Persona 5 on my Vita. No need to buy a PS3 nor a PS4 for these.

Much of the quality of this service is gonna depend on how they manage the library rollout. They could handle it like Nintendo with the VC for all we know.

Maedhros

Fuck input lag, if it's decent I can play EVERYTHING I missed on PS2. I don't care about FPSes or fighting games at all.

vg260

This sounds awesome, but I fear it will be like remote play is for me and will just be a neat feature to mess around with for a bit, but not really put to use regularly.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Please no paywall
Please no paywall
Please no paywall
Please no paywall

There's going to be a paywall

I doubt they'll make PS+ required to get PS Now because PS Now affects devices beyond the PS3/Vita/PS4

I am expecting the monthly fee to be approaching 15 - 20 dollars a month. Or an annual fee of 99 bucks or something though.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really hope they make the subscription cheaper if you're already a ps plus member. It would give people an incentive so have both subscriptions so I can see Sony doing it.

Please no paywall
Please no paywall
Please no paywall
Please no paywall

There's going to be a paywall

You mean requiring PS+? Since you can use it on TVs and tablets, I would hope subscription fees would be limited to the PS Now rental/sub fees (which were announced as being a thing at the conference).

Zoe

Fuck off I'm not buying another vita! Can't afford it. Also, no PS3 games on PS4?

What about input lag?

I have so many questions.

At least with Remote Play, it prioritizes minimizing lag over maintaining pristine video quality.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they'd charge a per game price, not a monthly sub.

The_Monk

I wonder if this means I can access my PS3 downloaded/digital list and play them on the Vita. I no longer have my PS3, but I do have a PS4.

I need to catch up on this since I'm a bit sleepy today but either way this is amazing. :)

Top Bottom