• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus increasing in price to $59.99 usd/$69.99 cad starting Sept 22

Better be bringing some goodness with that price increase. Otherwise not really bothered too much, stocked up on $30 cards last black Friday. I'm good for 4 years

Tagyhag

#4thepayers

It always astounds me how little backlash Sony received for introducing the charge this gen.

You can blame Microsoft for that.

They were getting shitted on so badly with the Xbox One that all Sony did was: "PS4 WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY USED GAMES AND BE OFFLINE FOREVER.......andpsplusismandatorynow"

The first part was such a hit with everyone that they were able to get away with it.

I don't get it. It's an extra $10 a year. Why are people thinking it's such a monumental deal here?

Consumers don't like price hikes? While its not a big deal to me. I can see how people would feel burned. Especially since the press release is just like.. well fuck it. There isn't anything new being added.

spyder_ur

It's like cell phone coverage or the MBTA: continued price increases for continued decreased quality of service. Not a huge deal to me either way, but still a bummer.

increase in price means increase in free games quality.....triple a's in the house every month...

if this is the case then im not arsed about the hike.

dream or not?

kunonabi

Yeah, I'm not reupping. I only got my current one because it was on sale. I was considering renewing at regular price but not anymore.

Unknown?

It sucks but it's not unexpected. I just don't get the outrage from people saying Arrogant Sony is back. It just shows a level of stupidity.

Yeah people have been complaining that GWG was offering better value so Sony responded. They probably couldn't offer the same value without raising it to the same pricing!

StereoVsn

Hmm... Going to get couple years worth of i can find a decent deal. I do wonder if there is something else coming to Plus to justify the price increase vs Xbox Live or Sony simply doesn't care.

2thepoint

Absolutely bottom of the barrell junk for I don't know how long and now price is increasing.

I'm a big fan of Playstation but this is hilarious.

I wouldn't even care if the quality of the games every month wasn't plain shit.

Lirrik

They better hire some competent people to implement PSN ID change with all this money.

They really have to step up with free monthly games as well, lately it's been close to awful. But they got us by the balls, people will still pay because PS4 is the most popular console this gen and you need it for online.

I wonder if they're going to rope in any PSNow stuff with your membership. Otherwise paying more for the existing shitty service is just bad PR.

Can't blame them for raising the price, what with all those cutting edge AAA experiences they've been offering on IGC.

I remember when this was true three years ago and it was only €37.50 a year because they kept doing discounts all the time.

Borderlands, Mafia 2, Crysis 2, NFS Most Wanted, Hitman Absolution, Motorstorm Apocalypse.... there's dozens more but I've already listed more triple-A's than what the PS4 has got in two and a half years.

It's an online play tax now.

Download speeds are still pathetic compared to... every other service? I don't understand how they can justify raising the price without improving what they offer.

Hellraider

Except $60 is what Microsoft charge for a year of XBL.

Don't let facts get in the way of outrage though.

Remember that time when Sony introduced online play behind a payment wall because the competition was already doing that and we didn't outrage? That worked out great, didn't it?

Guh. I don't play much online anymore, and maybe not at all at that price. Where do you get the cheap sub cards in case I decide I want this again later?

Top Bottom