• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Press Conference in Japan on Sep 13

I-hate-u

New gundam vs series for ps4 so I'm hyped. Also new Saga!

They announced a bunch of stuff. Do you guys who are complaining even like Japanese games or just the huge ones that have more western appeal than they do eastern like RE and DMC?

According to Capcom, DMC doesn't appeal to the west, which is why they made DmC lol.

Rafus

o4eMKIm.png

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/775607394663555073?lang=en

Yeah, pretty much. Thanks Kojima.

oh, come off with this shit. what do this got to do with when they announce their games

It means that you should set your expectations for what Capcom is actually working on to near zero, because over the past three years, they have become ultra-conservative as a business.

FelipeMGM

I knew that would be a new first/second party game announcement

I did not expect at all to be What Did I Do To Deserve This My Lord VR

Im going back to bed

Fortune Street would be cool if it was getting translated but it's not.

Just remembered that the Wii game got released in the west, and while (I think) Nintendo funded and published it, if it did decent numbers I can see there being a case for this version making it over. Moreso if it's on NX too.

glaurung

Ace Combat 7 was not even mentioned. I think it got a total of 2 seconds of air time in a Bandai compilation video.

Fuck you, this game is as good as vaporware at this point.

_13500

Neo Member
Ace Combat 7 was not even mentioned. I think it got a total of 2 seconds of air time in a Bandai compilation video.

Fuck you, this game is as good as vaporware at this point.

Almost one year later. No mentions in any conference.... What a shame.

orochi91

Japanese PSVR content looks stellar and diverse.

PSVR might be a big hit in Japan, especially the ASMR thing, virtual dating and stuff like Summer Lesson.

kadotsu

Banned
Sony Japan and everything related to them is a mess. It goes a lot deeper than a simple "the weight now leans on the west".

I think the whole first party has been dragged down by VR. They announced so many services today. The European and Japanese branch probably have to do the most. This is in addition to some mismanagement (at least it looks like it from the outside). There are still teams that now how to deliver in an adequate time frame like the Gravity team. I hope they can get past this fast.

Capcom however has no excuses.

Loudninja

Pretty solid conference considering it was focused mostly on Japan. Nothing really big for overseas folks though.
Yep.

Summary of new games:
  • Granblue Fantasy: Project Re: Link announced for PS4
  • Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy announced for PS4 and Vita
  • Earth Defense Force 5 announced for PS4
  • Gundam Versus announced for PS4
  • Musou Stars announced for PS4, PS Vita
  • V! What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? Return announced for PSVR

Asd202

So where's the XV trailer? Maybe it's longer just like the KH 2.8 one. What they shown at the conference was pretty weak.

Toki767

i get it. should i be excited as a videogamer if justin bieb-
oh alright i get it. it's not for the people who cares about resident evil, it's to get other people

Basically. Same reason why Square Enix got Florence + the Machine to do the theme song for FFXV.

Peterc

Games those days on ps4 cost to much for 3rd party developers.
They are reaching a limit in budget.

I think if it keeps going like that, you'll even have less games to play.

So who think ps5 will come in 2018 is crazy.

Maybe, maybe 2020 earliest

Scotia

Banned
So honest reactions guys, how hype was that?

Less than nothing. Kojima was absolutely useless on stage and he should honestly go away for a couple of years and actually make this game. Whatever the fuck that RE thing was killed the conference for me (which you could consider a mercy kill at that point). Everything else was meh to me. Only expectations I went in with was something RE7 related but we didn't even get that.

Yep.

Summary of new games
  • V! What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? Return announced for PS4

What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? is the old NISA name, No Heroes Allowed is the Sony localised name.

Do the VR "experiences" count as announcements?

Some Nobody

Yep.

Summary of new games:
  • V! What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? Return announced for PS4

Scratch Granblue Fantasy off that list since we knew about it already, so it doesn't count as a "new" announcement. Now, compare that list to 2014 and 2015. Which reminds me:

The vibe seems pretty positive actually.

Holy crap. Welp, that's it then. It was for Japanese audiences so if they were satisfied with this then it's probably a wrap lol.

Pretty poor showing. I got release dates for games I was interested in but that didn't really save the conference. Dark souls dlc gameplay trailer as well as gameplay trailers for game mentioned could have easily saved it.

Top Bottom