• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I think all that's left to know about the next game(s) is if it's a Z, XY2, or a new region with no new Pokemon (because new mons = new gen = not XY movie and the pics make it explicitly clear that it's the third XY movie). I think the last scenario's by far the least likely though.

I think all that's left to know about the next game(s) is if it's a Z, XY2, or a new region with no new Pokemon (because new mons = new gen = not XY movie and the pics make it explicitly clear that it's the third XY movie). I think the last scenario's by far the least likely though.

I'm hopeful that we get a single game, but it's not a third version. Make it a sequel with lots of new stuff and throw in lots of stuff from the entire franchise's history to celebrate 20 years of Pokemon.

If they're teasing this form now then I think Joe might be right about the game reveal at Worlds.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I ran Zygarde in the computer dream machine

wat

EOBYkMi.jpg

JoeM86

If they announce at Worlds I'm building a shrine to Celebi in my closet and I'll burn incense every time I'm getting itchy for some Pokemon news.

I've been saying it since December and all my theories this year have panned out so far :p

I'm saving this post and will hold you to that!

Mr-Joker

Banned
I didn't know we had a Pokémon Community Thread. :O

Anyway cross posting from another thread of what I want or expect in Pokémon Z

What I want from Game Freak for Pokémon Z;

-Less gen 1 pandering, X and Y was awful with this and left Kalo without a strong identity.

-Bring back Challenge mode, instead of fleshing it out they just dropped it entirely.

-A better Post game, X/Y and OR/AS post game was weak.

-Don't give out an uber strong Pokémon half way through the game, it was stupid that we got Latias/Latios without any effort at all.

- Flesh out the gym leader and the story, X and Y was weak in both department.

-Don't dump all of the story in one go, X and Y did this and all it did was caused the journey come to a screeching halt.

-Streamline the text, some of the texts need updating like teaching TM text which is stuck in its gen 1 days.

-Have a champion that actually plays an active role in the story, Diantha is the worse champion ever.

-Don't force me to use Mega, I don't like them nor do I want to use them.

-Give more trainers Mega, so I can beat the crap out of them.

-Get rid of the rollerstakes or at least give the option of taking it off and bring back auto run from the Jotho remake.

-Give us one and only one rival only, the group friends in X and Y didn't work.

-More trainers customization, especially for the boys.

-Don't turn on the EXP share on by default when you give it to us.

-Keep HM to side areas and not part of the main quest, no-one likes using HM slaves.

-For the love of god add a Dark type gym, it's stupid how fairy got one before them.

-This is personal wish but make the Evil team boss a female, as we still yet to have one.

Ha ha.

Will we get to Sinnoh before Z.

Man I can't wait for a Sinnoh remake.

I finally got around to adding the poster for the Hoopa movie to the OP. (So slow!) I also moved all of the images from Abload to Imgur, so now everything manages to load during the current decade. (So fast!)

As general housekeeping I went ahead and checked all of the links to make sure everything still goes where it should and looked over anything else I could think of too. I haven't abandoned ship just yet.

I don't have any huge urge to fiddle with it more than that, but I still like looking at it from time to time. It is hard to believe it has been over two years since I first got to put it all together. Barring us getting some huge news (which probably wouldn't drive up conversation here a great deal thanks to gaming forum threads grabbing all of the attention), we're still months away from a new thread. It will be up to you guys to decide whether anyone wants to put in the effort for a new OP or if you just want me to reuse the current one.

Cheebo

Banned
I didn't know we had a Pokémon Community Thread. :O

Anyway cross posting from another thread of what I want or expect in Pokémon Z

Ha ha.

Man I can't wait for a Sinnoh remake.
I hate to break it to you but with the 20th anniversary next year we are almost assuredly going to be getting more Gen 1 pandering than ever to celebrate the anniversary.

I wish we could get rid of HMs completely.

Cut, Fury Cutter, Sacred Sword, etc. should be equally able to cut a tiny shrub down. Most moves could have a use outside of battle.

The HM abilities should just be abilities that all of your Pokemon that are compatible get after getting the required badge. So it'd be like "Oh you got the first badge, well now all compatible Pokemon can cut down bushes!"

I wish we could get rid of HMs completely.

Cut, Fury Cutter, Sacred Sword, etc. should be equally able to cut a tiny shrub down. Most moves could have a use outside of battle.

The HM abilities should just be abilities that all of your Pokemon that are compatible get after getting the required badge. So it'd be like "Oh you got the first badge, well now all compatible Pokemon can cut down bushes!"

Hmm, how would they handle these that are also perfectly workable moves (Surf, Waterfall, and similar)? Made their own thing?

Hmm, how would they handle these that are also perfectly workable moves (Surf, Waterfall, and similar)? Made their own thing?

They'd just become regular moves. They'd be added to level up movesets and some would be TMs, Surf and Waterfall specifically would probably become TMs.

Highwind

Playing crystal and trying to add to my pokedex in order to save them onto Stadium 2.

Save file corrupts as I am saving. lol

I H A T E these games sometimes.

I just put all the HMs on my party these days and have had no issues. I used to be stingy about who I put HMs on but since I started just slapping them on my party the games have been much funner.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh for shits and giggles I went to a certain "indexing" website to see if they have a Hoopa movie entry They have - but rather than having a main entry (which oddly enough it should have, at least pre-movie info and synopsis are already out) it has what I call "fan reaction" entry. And look what I found - people complaining about legendaries not knowing Ash, the legendaries being different from the movies, etc.

Wow, just wow.

Are any of the other three any good?

there was one where Hoopa exploded because he summoned an Electrode

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So uh for shits and giggles I went to a certain "indexing" website to see if they have a Hoopa movie entry They have - but rather than having a main entry (which oddly enough it should have, at least pre-movie info and synopsis are already out) it has what I call "fan reaction" entry. And look what I found - people complaining about legendaries not knowing Ash, the legendaries being different from the movies, etc.

Wow, just wow.

there was one where Hoopa exploded because he summoned an Electrode

To be fair, they have a point about it. The canon in the movies regarding legendaries is sorely lacking.

Top Bottom