• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Awesome!
I wonder what they have in store for us. I reckon legendaries are a lock from last months Coro Coro tease, but starters and screens, hell, maybe even a trailer would be brill.
The funny thing is Coro Coro could leak today at a big push. They should have done this earlier, but I'm not too bothered where I see the first glimpses of the game, be it magazine shots or an official upload. Just show us that tiger starter! Bring it on!

Neiteio

Japan, it's time to attone for your past mistreatment of dolphins and put them in everyone's favorite game about cockfighting

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dolphin-kristian-sekuessd3.jpg

dolphin2rcs0z.jpg

dolphin-main2bsk0.jpg

call-group-dolphins_62qsl7.jpg

dolphin11arfszz.jpg

shutterstock_13331307k1snj.jpg

Jotaro pls

44e.png

image needs to be updated to sun and moon

edit: damn its terrifying, its like reggie is staring into my soul with the sun right next to him O.O

Yo where's mah Heliolisk

GoldStarz

All of those things were revealed by May for X and Y. They've gone for secrecy up to now, but it's time for the rubber to meet the road.

Starters, legendaries protagonists and gameplay footage were all part of the X&Y REVEAL trailer in January of that year. Maybe that spoiled us, but I can't say that's much to ask for at this point. The way they've handled S&M so far has been really disappointing, even when you go in expecting almost nothing.

And X/Y also showed all it's card pre-release and spoiled around 40 of it's 72 new Pokemon. It makes sense they wanna take this more carefully after they handed us basically everything in their last pre-release which lead to some hype deflation when the games came out.

You have to deal with absolutes when talking around Joe; he just doesn't want misinformation to spread.

Given how many bought into the whole past debacle, I'd say that's fair.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
While Gen VI got me back into Pokémon, I'm not sure if I'll be getting this on day 1. I'm a bit burn out on the franchise again.

Galava

I'm expecting a short trailer to drop on tuesday, along with promoting new starters, main characters, and box legendaries.

In CoroCoro a more detailed look into the box legendaries with typing and more movie info.

Also, demo in september?

And X/Y also showed all it's card pre-release and spoiled around 40 of it's 72 new Pokemon. It makes sense they wanna take this more carefully after they handed us basically everything in their last pre-release which lead to some hype deflation when the games came out.
Given that they revealed literally every new design in ORAS before it came out, I'm not seeing the evidence they're ratcheting back on the pre-release reveals.

Besides, we'd still be behind where X and Y were in May- they revealed Gogoat, Fletchling, Helioptile and Pancham back in May 2013.

Seil

Yes, and it's now four months later than X&Y had its reveal trailer, and at worst 7 months until release. A fine time to be able to expect starters, protagonists and legendaries, the flagships of the games.

The fact there were only 72 Pokemon to begin with, and that megas didn't really have enough impact to make up for it wasn't helping matters with X&Y. Hopefully they learned from that, too.

Forkball

Hard to get hyped after the numerous teases that led to nothing, but this will PROBABLY have something worthwhile. Legendaries are probably a guarantee, but I hope we also get the starters and more info on the setting.

SerTapTap

They should have announced this before dropping the E3 letdown bomb. This is a big relief, I was really wondering how the hell this wouldn't be at E3. I hope this is more informative than the average reveal though, since the actual reveal was absolutely nothing.

I hope they got transferred to the NX with the 3DS version being canceled. Only logical thing to do tbh

Maybe if they want to say this entire year is canceled and moved to NX. Not that I'd be 100% surprised anymore.

I don't think it has to be a given

I've always thought that they could implement amiibo in a small scale, like unlocking accesories to customize your trainer, like giving you a Greninja hat similar to the Pancham hat in X&Y once you tap an amiibo, kinda like what Mario Kart 8 does.

JoeM86

I hope they got transferred to the NX with the 3DS version being canceled. Only logical thing to do tbh

NX is looking like a home console.

This game is out at least 4 months before the NX.

This game is for portable devices.

All of the reasons above are why that's not logical.

JoeM86

Surely they have to show us starters and legends here? I mean we had all that in January when X and Y came out.

Fun fact.

In the run up to Diamond & Pearl, we didn't get the starters until a month before release.
In the run up to Ruby & Sapphire, we didn't get the starters until 2 months before release.
In the run up to Diamond & Pearl, we didn't get the cover legends until 2 months before release.
In the run up to Ruby & Sapphire, we didn't get the cover legends until 1 month before release.

Don't expect too much, they will give us bits and pieces at a time.

Well obviously :p They're not going to reveal everything so far away from launch

hivycox

NX is looking like a home console.

This game is out at least 4 months before the NX.

This game is for portable devices.

All of the reasons above are why that's not logical.

Half of your conclusions are based of an unlikely outcoming. There are multiple signs indicating that NX is everything but a traditional home console. Since there hasn't been any word about a successor to the 3DS its therefore not wrong to assume the NX will replace both systems (contrary to what Nintendo stated)

As for the release date: games can be delayed...We haven't even seen footage of these games.

JoeM86

Half of your conclusions are based of an unlikely outcoming. There are multiple signs indicating that NX is everything but a traditional home console. Since there hasn't been any word about a successor to the 3DS its therefore not wrong to assume the NX will replace both systems (contrary to what Nintendo stated)

As for the release date: games can be delayed...We haven't even seen footage of these games.

It won't be delayed to NX and you're assuming far too much for the NX.

Just because we haven't seen anything doesn't mean it'll be delayed.

It's a 3DS game. Deal with it. Nintendo is still pushing support of the 3DS despite NX, when they're clearly not for the Wii U. While we know NX will have handheld and console platforms with interlinkability, it's all looking like that the console bit comes first. We also know it is not a hybrid.

Wensih

Reign in your expectations. They said "first info" they're just going to repeat what they said the first time they announced it.

:p

Kouriozan

Finally, so hyped for Gen VII, I just hope EU won't have to wait another week because lol leaks and broken street date.

It won't be delayed to NX and you're assuming far too much for the NX.

Just because we haven't seen anything doesn't mean it'll be delayed.

It's a 3DS game. Deal with it. Nintendo is still pushing support of the 3DS despite NX, when they're clearly not for the Wii U. While we know NX will have handheld and console platforms with interlinkability, it's all looking like that the console bit comes first. We also know it is not a hybrid.

Yea it is 3DS confirmed, but didn't at one point most people "in the know" thought it would be NX?

If this game has customization I might get it but I would need to buy a 3DS to play it.

MegaMelon

Cover legends and maybe a couple of seconds of overworld footage. Some brief battle scenes with old pokemon in them. Sort of like the XY reveal trailer but without the starters.

Excited!! Cover legends are all I need to formally decide which game to get (I'm willing to bet the sun-based pokemon looks better than the moon-based one though)

Hoping we get a little more than that, i.e. region name, starters, new route 1 trash but I won't expect it for my own sake.

Hmm I clearly remember people saying that it would be on NX for sure and putting it on 3DS would be a bad decision, but if you say so.

-

I also understand all of the negative replies. Nintendo methods of reveals and teasers and how much they actually show are some of the worst.

Kyzer

Banned
Yea it is 3DS confirmed, but didn't at one point most people "in the know" thought it would be NX?

If this game has customization I might get it but I would need to buy a 3DS to play it.

If by "in the know" you mean people in the community thread, there are some of us who think it's peculiar they didn't show footage and that there's a chance we will get an Nx enhanced version, but that's about as far as that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom