• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar4757

Dishonored 2->P5->BF5->Pokemon Sun/Moon

I though May should be the silent month before the E3 storm, but now devs are more than willing to drop the information before E3. Last year Fallout 4 and DE: MD were revealed just before E3 right? It seems like the new pattern.

Yeah it's insane, especially because I'm very interested in Cod4 remaster, BF5, Sun/Moon, and especially P5. All in like a one week span

Cindro

Weren't we tricked by this last time? New info was to be given on the Pokémon variety show and it was just the same video from the 20th anniversary announcement? I won't fooled again!

HYYYYPE

JoeM86

Hmm I clearly remember people saying that it would be on NX for sure and putting it on 3DS would be a bad decision, but if you say so.

-

I also understand all of the negative replies. Nintendo methods of reveals and teasers and how much they actually show are some of the worst.

So you'd rather they show a crapload of stuff 6 months before launch?

Weren't we tricked by this last time? New info was to be given on the Pokémon variety show and it was just the same video from the 20th anniversary announcement? I won't fooled again!

HYYYYPE

Nope. That's another example of the community not reading what was actually said and going crazy.

They said the first TV aired broadcast of Sun & Moon, and they delivered as promise.

Here, they're promising new information for Sun & Moon. There's no misinterpreting it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm I clearly remember people saying that it would be on NX for sure and putting it on 3DS would be a bad decision, but if you say so.

-

I also understand all of the negative replies. Nintendo methods of reveals and teasers and how much they actually show are some of the worst.

Err no? Where are you hearing all that shit?

Also what? Is this your first Pokemon news thread? This shit has been happening since before, it's just a bunch of people either being new to Pokemon news, or are masochists. Nothing to do with Nintendo because Pokemon runs their own thing.

I watched that stream last time and was disappointed.
As is Nintendo tradition

Let's see if this is actual information, or just silly stuff.

Forkball

I think we're gonna get some kind of game feature

Ironically, they didn't reveal Mega Evolutions until two months before XY came out. You know, the biggest gameplay change? Although they did show off Mega Pokemon beforehand, but no one knew what they were exactly.

I think legends are a lock, maybe starters, and maybe more info on the region. The region is the biggest thing I'm curious about. If it is based off Spain like a lot of people presume, they might pull a Gen II and put two regions in one game (PokeSpain and Kalos).

Kinsei

Banned
Ironically, they didn't reveal Mega Evolutions until two months before XY came out. You know, the biggest gameplay change? Although they did show off Mega Pokemon beforehand, but no one knew what they were exactly.

I think legends are a lock, maybe starters, and maybe more info on the region. The region is the biggest thing I'm curious about. If it is based off Spain like a lot of people presume, they might pull a Gen II and put two regions in one game (PokeSpain and Kalos).

I thought people were under the impression that it is based on Hawaii due to the license plate.

JoeM86

Here's what we'll likely see

Some new Pokémon - Be they starters, legends or just general stuff
In-game footage/screenshots - Battle system, overworld
Protagonists
Something new (on the same level as riding Gogoat or Pokémon Amie)

Note: the above is speculation based on past patterns, likelihoods and so forth and not indicative of insider knowledge

Boss Doggie

We never actually got what the region is in XY until... three months since reveal I think?

takriel

Here's what we'll likely see

Some new Pokémon - Be they starters, legends or just general stuff
In-game footage/screenshots - Battle system, overworld
Protagonists
Something new (on the same level as riding Gogoat or Pokémon Amie)

Note: the above is speculation based on past patterns, likelihoods and so forth and not indicative of insider knowledge

Based on the past, when did they typically reveal the battle music?

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they kept the legendary Pokémon on the back end toward release. Show us the starters,protags and maybe alil of the region for the first info

Boss Doggie

Coro Coro did say they'll reveal the cover mons so we'll get that in the 10th, if not then there's Coro Coro for that

Boss Doggie

Aw man well there goes that lol.

Safe bet than: mascots,starters,protags and a look of the world. Maybe...maybe a few new pokes

Well in XY we did get cover mons and starters so there's that

what was the gap between the starters/legendaries -> Sylveon -> other mons in XY?

VhEliOT.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ysssss finally, man I so can't wait see what the game will be like and prepare pre-plans of what my team might be, already got Charizard nailed down.

We never actually got what the region is in XY until... three months since reveal I think?

Actually the very first trailer had Pikachu on top of the the Eiffel Tower and we saw the trailer roller staking with Lumiose Tower in the background.

It was made clear that gen 6 region would be set in France.

I love to see new side evolutions & older Pokemon evolve

Same actually, I think I'm ready for some more continuations

132Ditto.png

Mega just don't scratch that same itch that cross gen evolution give me, plus Sylveon really needs a counterpart.

Kyzer

Banned
Ysssss finally, man I so can't wait see what the game will be like and prepare pre-plans of what my team might be, already got Charizard nailed down.

Actually the very first trailer had Pikachu on top of the the Eiffel Tower and we saw the trailer roller staking with Lumiose Tower in the background.

132Ditto.png

Mega just don't scratch that same itch that cross gen evolution give me, plus Sylveon really needs a counterpart.
Agreed. It's time for Draconeon!

I actually hope we do get starter silhouettes for at least a week, gotta have the surge of art trying to make shape of those shadows.
But I do wanna see these new starters soon.

JoeM86

It's true. Most of the hyping things up and inevitable disappointment has been the fandom's own doing, inadvertently changing what things mean to get themselves hyped up and then down with crashing disappointment. I've been saying to look at what they actually say before hyping yourself, and before each thing (Pokénchi and last month's CoroCoro), I've been telling people what they should expect and I was right to do so each time.

Crayolan

Considering Tokyo Tower looks just like the Eiffel Tower I wouldn't exactly call it "clear."

Boss Doggie

I was talking about the name of the region and the overall theme of the region.

It's true. Most of the hyping things up and inevitable disappointment has been the fandom's own doing, inadvertently changing what things mean to get themselves hyped up and then down with crashing disappointment. I've been saying to look at what they actually say before hyping yourself, and before each thing (Pokénchi and last month's CoroCoro), I've been telling people what they should expect and I was right to do so each time.

The 20th anniversary Direct ending with just the logos and no gameplay/Pokemon reveals was and is teasing bullshit.

Like, they're doing AMAZING things in XYORAS for the anniversary, and there's a bunch of merch, but outside of the Superbowl trailer and that total cocktease Direct they haven't done shit. I cannot believe that a video game franchise that makes billions of dollars annually isn't going to continue its self-celebrated 20th anniversary at E3, or that on the exact anniversary day they hype up an exclusive Direct to just show a fucking logo. We should be DROWNING in Sun/Moon material at this point. Have some goddamn pride in your brand Nintendo/GF/PCI.

Illucio

Banned
Mega Sunflora
Mega Bellosom
Mega Vileplume
Mega Nidoking
Mega Nidoqueen
Mega Wigglytuff
Mega Cleffable
Mega Helioisk

The 20th anniversary Direct ending with just the logos and no gameplay/Pokemon reveals was and is teasing bullshit.

Like, they're doing AMAZING things in XYORAS for the anniversary, and there's a bunch of merch, but outside of the Superbowl trailer and that total cocktease Direct they haven't done shit. I cannot believe that a video game franchise that makes billions of dollars annually isn't going to continue its self-celebrated 20th anniversary at E3, or that on the exact anniversary day they hype up an exclusive Direct to just show a fucking logo. We should be DROWNING in Sun/Moon material at this point. Have some goddamn pride in your brand Nintendo/GF/PCI.
It's obvious that TPC wants to make the 20th anniversary a year-long celebration. Revealing everything in a single day wouldn't have been any fun, and it would not have aligned with their character at all. The direct was exactly what it should have been - a throwback to past adventures, with a promise for a strong future.

Relax and take in the Pokemon glory and news as it comes in. We still have half a year left to celebrate their 20th!

It's really funny to see that people still don't have the lowest expectations for Pokemon reveals at this point.

I expect a few new Pokemon, probably the starters and a rat or bird to go with. Maybe we'll get a taste of whatever new battle innovation they'll come up with next.

Maybe we'll just get some artwork and screenshots lol

Boss Doggie

That is literally the same time as my college graduation...... Walk at graduation or Pokemon......choices

whynotboth.jpg

It's really funny to see that people still don't have the lowest expectations for Pokemon reveals at this point.

I expect a few new Pokemon, probably the starters and a rat or bird to go with. Maybe we'll get a taste of whatever new battle innovation they'll come up with next.

Maybe we'll just get some artwork and screenshots lol

heh, like I said, people here are either new to pokemon news, or are masochists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom