• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Special Demo Thread

psyfi

Banned
Frame rate's been great for me on N3DS. Didn't notice any drops.

What are these animations from Team Skull dudes? Couldn't be any more cringe-worthy. Jesus.
Yeah, they're pretty awful. I get that they were going for Try Hard Macho Goon, but I'm not into how they went about it. It's just corny, and not even cool/endearing corny. Everyone else in the game looks great, though.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
GF really needs to do something about their lack of talent in the graphical field... going from the Yokai Watch 2 demo to this is jarring.

The walking animation for the protag is just awkward looking too. Like, come on.. how do you get something so simple wrong?

Graphical issues aside, the music, art design, and gameplay is great. Well satisfied in those regards. Day uno (as if there was any doubt).

Arcia

Banned
I played the demo on an old 3DS and there were super obvious annoying frame rate drops throughout the entire totem fight, even before there were 3 pokemon on screen. If you guys playing on N3DSs barely noticed any performance issues, then that must mean that the game runs better on the N3DS.

Now I'm wondering if I should get an upgrade... Though it seems rather silly to do that for one game when the NX is right around the corner as well. I wish the developers had made the game optimized to run well on both 3DSs!

Kyzer

Banned
Coming out of hiding for abit since only pokemon leaked.

Liked the demo a lot , wishing there was more to do, which is a good sign. Excited by totem pokemon, there could really end up being some challenging battles if they want to have them

zroid

Banned
I was just gonna say why does it seem like Fury Attack ALWAYS hits 5 times in this demo

...then I realized what Pikipek's skill is

I played the demo on the N3DS, and besides PokeFinder, there weren't any frame rate drops. I guess it does perform a bit better on the N3DS.

pariah164

That Rockruff...

AAtTA.gif

psyfi

Banned
I don't get what totem Pokémon are, but that's probably because I've avoid S/M info. What's special about them?

Also: Rockruff is friggin adorable.

Played the capture game best I could in some kind of weird nuzzlocke fashion, where I was constantly swapping out the corpses of my expended pokemon to replace them with the new but still wounded captures and reached 17... then found out I only needed 3 to get the prize :p

Puruzi

Banned
I don't get what totem Pokémon are, but that's probably because I've avoid S/M info. What's special about them?

They're fought at the end of trials. They're bigger than normal, have stat boosts, and can summon regular forms of themselves to aid them.

Boogiepop

The catching challenge was... a bit too repetitive for me. Also, I really don't want to touch a leak thread because I do want to save at least some surprises, but Serebii mentioned the demo did indeed have leaks. Just so I know without risking seeing it all, how bad was the "damage"? Like, is literally everything out there now, or was it just a few odds and ends?

I think I've done everything in the demo aside from finding Dugtrio. The demo was fun and it left me wanting more.

I played it on a N3DS and the framerate in battles seemed fine. I think there was slowdown for a second in a wild battle while the camera gave a panning side-view of the Pokemon, but that was the only time I noticed a framerate drop in a battle.

Puruzi

Banned
The catching challenge was... a bit too repetitive for me. Also, I really don't want to touch a leak thread because I do want to save at least some surprises, but Serebii mentioned the demo did indeed have leaks. Just so I know without risking seeing it all, how bad was the "damage"? Like, is literally everything out there now, or was it just a few odds and ends?

Every single pokemon was shown but that's it.

Syntsui

The damage was extreme, we know the complete Dex.

Kinsei

Banned

Every single new Pokemon, all of the Alolan forms, and the entire regional dex.

Boogiepop

Every single pokemon was shown but that's it.

Oof. You would think they would've learned their lesson in terms of scrubbing that stuff from the demo data, because didn't this sort of thing happen before? Also, man, now I kind of want to know the total of new/Alolan forms so I can set myself up to limit potential disappointment...

As the others mentioned, we know what they all look like... but we ironically don't know what any of them are called or what their stats, typings and abilities are :p

Kinsei

Banned
Oof. You would think they would've learned their lesson in terms of scrubbing that stuff from the demo data, because didn't this sort of thing happen before? Also, man, now I kind of want to know the total of new/Alolan forms so I can set myself up to limit potential disappointment...

They did scrub out the new Pokemon but then they forgot to scrub the shiny forms and battle preview sprites.

Zyrox

We have images of the whole dex (plus shinies), but we don't know anything else (i.e. names, learnsets, stats, abilities, typings and so on). We just have images, no more concrete data.

javadoze

Finished the demo.

Now to wait on those additional events in the coming days:

-Some guy wants to give me something tomorrow
-Some girl is meeting someone in 5 days
-A policeman is holding a stakeout in 18 days
-Some woman is going on a ferry in 24 days

Anyone know the rewards yet for doing these?

Finished the demo.

I feel like there's at least one more event missing. Hopefully someone puts up a small guide somewhere.

Bowlie

Banned
Finished the demo.

from serebii:

"On Day 2 of the demo, speak to the man by the Pokémon Center and you'll receive 10 Pretty Wings"

edit: Soul Beat, next to the Pokécenter's entrance.

---

Is there anything cool to see in the gardens next to the houses in the city?

Soul Beat

Finished the demo.

Where's the dude for tomorrow?

Gin-Shiio

If it helps, you're probably going to be able to encounter it pretty quickly in the full game.

Though I doubt you'll remember this post by then.

I will be sure to! In all honesty, the reason I wanted that Pikachu was me trying to capture each Pokemon available to see if that would have an effect on the challenge reward. Other than that, Pikachu isn't the rodent that captures my heart.

tumblr_o9l6b9GIbz1v68t0mo1_500.gif
<3

Finished the demo.

-The Pikachu of the man in the City Hall has its birthday in 12 days

Jay RaR

Finished the demo.

It could be a joke, but the owner of the coffee shop might appear in the demo on launch day so they might have something.

zroid

Banned
son of a biiiiitch

I caught 5 Pokémon in the challenge the first time and the gave me a Nugget. so I figured if I do it again and perform better I'd get something else. I spent like an hour catching 18 Pokémon, aaaaaaaaaand nothing.

fffuuuuu

Top Bottom