• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Special Demo Thread

Had some very noticeable stutter during the battle against
totem hakam-o.
It was just while the camera was moving around, nothing going on on screen :(

edit: On original 3ds if it makes a difference for this game.

Grylvak

totem hakam-o.

Are you using an O3DS or N3DS?

EDIT: Ah, okay. Once I get there on N3DS we'll see if there are many differences.

wiibomb

totem hakam-o.

oh really ? I didn't notice an slowdown on N3DS..

was there a difference announced for this game between N3DS and O3DS? I'm in media blackout, so I don't really know

Kinsei

Banned
That was really boring. . I get that this is mainly to sell young kids/people that go tinto the series with Pokemon GO on the game, but the least they could do was have the Hakamo-os attack you.

The fame rate during the pokefinder sections was atrocious (playing on n3DS)

DNAbro

I was able to level up a Rockruff during the catching challenge to level 34 and it didn't evolve. It may just be disabled in the demo though.

Akai__

Look, if you think they are good/awesome/incredible/whatever, that's fine. I'm not stating a fact, just my opinion. But honestly... If somebody would walk like this, I'd ask them if they are alright.

I will also never use Z-Moves, it seems. Overpowered, goofy animations and it just takes too long.

The music is this game is super top notch dang. I really dig the Ten Carat Hill theme.

Yeah, the music is actually pretty great. Hope the other areas have good music, too.

Sou Da

Look, if you think they are good/awesome/incredible/whatever, that's fine. I'm not stating a fact, just my opinion. But honestly... If somebody would walk like this, I'd ask them if they are alright.

I will also never use Z-Moves, it seems. Overpowered, goofy animations and it just takes too long.

Yeah, the music is actually pretty great. Hope the other areas have good music, too.

Lol, so far a 95 based power Z-move isn't better than an -ate move

The time events don't actually seem to be related to actual dates. I got the Australian Demo yesterday my time and collected the "19th" event just after midnight .

I then downloaded and completed the American demo but the guy still says tomorrow (my American 3DS is set to Australian Time) , so it seems to be based of the day you complete the first bit of the demo, not actual Calendar dates. That also suggests that even if you miss out on these things , that it'll probably cycle through again.

Grylvak

Just got to the first
PokeFinder spot
with
Hakamo-o running back and forth
and the frame rate was much higher on N3DS than it was on O3DS with 3D off.

N3DS Test
Totem Hakamo-o battle
also has a high frame rate with no ally Pokemon on the field. With an ally Pokemon on the field, there are some minor slowdowns when the camera moves across the field from far away showing all 3 Pokemon. If I had to put a guess on the number it would around between 20-25 fps. Greninja's moves do not appear to have any slowdown with 3 Pokemon on the field.

Kade

Are the Greninja and Star Piece the only things you can carry over or is there a reward for the Catching Challenge? If there isn't anything else then I think I'm pretty much done with the demo.

Jay RaR

Finished the demo. Only got to use Battle Bond like once in the demo, lol. I could see it only boosted Greninja's Attack ,Special Attack, and Speed but no defenses. Can't see this ability being Uber material.

Z-move Pikachu looked fun, over the top and lengthy for a move but its there if I'll need it.

Battles are as slow to load and experience as ever. Sucks I can't bring out any extra pokes during Totem battles when the leader calls out its lackeys.

Shame I couldn't use any new Pokemon in the demo though.

I thought it was a great demo. There's quite a bit it walks you through and plenty of stuff to mess around with once you finish. One of the better demos I've played lately.

The music is sooooo good.

Also seeing some of these complaints makes me happy I'm playing this on a n3DS.

DNAbro

Are the Greninja and Star Piece the only things you can carry over or is there a reward for the Catching Challenge? If there isn't anything else then I think I'm pretty much done with the demo.

There are 4 things you can get currently.

You have 2 of them
Yes there is a reward for catching challenge. catch 3.
Someone on the edge of town will take you somewhere to ride your Tauros. Just get to the end.

Finished the demo. Only got to use Battle Bond like once in the demo, lol. I could see it only boosted Greninja's Attack ,Special Attack, and Speed but no defenses. Can't see this ability being Uber material.

Z-move Pikachu looked fun, over the top and lengthy for a move but its there if I'll need it.

Battles are as slow to load and experience as ever. Sucks I can't bring out any extra pokes during Totem battles when the leader calls out its lackeys.

Play it again for more content.

Fireblend

Banned

Sounds like you didn't play the whole demo. Did you stop after the trailer that plays after the Plumeria battle?

Grylvak

There are more items that be brought over. Some appear to be events that happen on different days. Completing the Catching Challenge gives you a
Nugget

Nugget
from the catching challenge. And
Stardust
from the mountain view area.

That's all I've found. Dunno what the day events give you.

zroid

Banned
I see what you did there Game Freak

CvD_a7cUAAAz12_.jpg

CvD_cf7UsAAOg_-.jpg

tookhster

Oh god, dat FPS drop when a trial Pokémon calls an ally...

You can tell they decided to drop 3D late in development. Lots of the animations (the Team Skull logo before you battle them, the trainer intro animation, etc.) obviously look like they were supposed to have a 3D effect.

OmegaFax

Oh god, dat FPS drop when a trial Pokémon calls an ally...

You can tell they decided to drop 3D late in development. Lots of the animations (the Team Skull logo before you battle them, the trainer intro animation, etc.) obviously look like they were supposed to have a 3D effect.

I got that impression as well. I kept playing with the 3D slider. I can't believe the Snap-style minigame is the only thing in 3D.

I know in the past games, hoard battles automatically switched back to 2D. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to add trainer models and Pokemon + it seems like Pokemon can call for reinforcements and keep performance stable. It's a shame because it's probably something the New 3DS could pull off. The hacked 804mhz mode on the New 3DS helped ORAS and stabilized framerates.

Weird saying it but the lack of 3D bums me out.

Top Bottom