• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén Tournament Review Thread

How are reviews that don't have an acual score factored in to either Open Critic and/or Metacritic, or are they just ignored? Example, if the review recommends you purchase it does that factor i to Open Critic and/or Metacritic?

VariantX

Well, it's not entirely his fault that he thinks this way. Even combo-heavy games like Blazblue or Guilty Gear fail to explain to players how they're supposed to function because they just assume you already know.

If tutorials would just explicitly say "HEY you can hit people in ways where you can keep hitting them for 8 seconds", then casuals wouldn't see it happen and think it was an anomaly.

Not true. Owning BBCS and GGXRD, both of those games have extensive and thorough tutorials that thoroughly explain the mechanics and systems of both respective games. Both have trials and GGXRD has a mission mode that puts stuff to the test with rankings based on how well you do. BBCS has primers for each character since a staple of BlazBlue is every character has their own systems unique to them.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
The highest ranked player online currently is a Machamp player. Take that as you will.

Machamp is a great Pokemon so good players have good taste :)

Amalthea

Banned
Got the game this morning. Gengar is such a joy to play but he is always amazing. It's also good that you can scan the Amiibo card without removing it from the foil.

Do we have an OT up and running yet?

In terms of a title, I was thinking along the lines of "The Kings and Queens of the Iron Tail", since Tekken stands for "Iron Fist".

The Boat

Here's my (Portuguese) review by the way:

Zwame (8/10): https://jogos.zwame.pt/review/pokken-tournament/

It's missing a bigger roster and some extras could help season the game, but still, Pokkén Tournament is a genuinely good fighter that can do its own thing while being accessible without sacrificing the depth that can hook genre fans. After all, who doesn't want to watch a luchadora Pikachu piledriving a fire chicken that fights like Bruce Lee?

Coda

Yay my copy with controller shipped today. So pumped!

Is block holding back in this game or dictated by a button?

schopaia

"escape from combos"

What a stupid review point, whos man is this and why do they have him reveiwing fighting games

Its only stupid if you take it completely out of context. He says the that combos can take of more than half of your life bar. Seems like a valid complaint.

Tanukid

I'm interested to hear what people's reactions are to playing the game with the Hori Wired Controller when they get them. I missed out on getting one, but I was able to at least get in on the sweet discount deal for the game at Frys.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Its only stupid if you take it completely out of context. He says the that combos can take of more than half of your life bar. Seems like a valid complaint.
If the character is like charisma rd I guesss, the combo scaling in this game is incredibly strong

Top Bottom