• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

I hope we can see some tekken in there too.
tumblr_lza5bd0Fnj1qdul7oo1_500.gif

LogicGoat

Neo Member
Traditional Pokemon-styled "event-only" content probably won't be so much of a thing here, with a fighting game like this. After all, you'd bust the competitive viability of a fighter wide open, if you limited content to those who can get to the areas where the content is distributed, during the limited time when that content is available.

However, time unlock, manual unlock or DLC content is still very much a possibility for the console port, I'd imagine, based on how Bamco handles things with the likes of Gundam vs. and Tekken. If so, then the main thing to wonder about would be how much Bamco and TPC will be willing to give away for free/in-game and what will carry a price tag, later.

Harada is vocally against DLC characters; has gone on record saying this on multiple occasions, if I remember correctly.

So I doubt pokken will have DLC characters, but Nintendo will get the final say I guess.

How so? That's Ditto in a nutshell..

Ditto can't transform into whatever Pokemon it wants whenever it wants. If it tries to, it makes mistakes because it has poor memory. It's only a perfect process if it can see the Pokemon.

Ditto has the ability to reconstruct its entire cellular structure into whatever it sees

When it spots an enemy, its body transforms into an almost perfect copy of its opponent.

Ditto rearranges its cell structure to transform itself into other shapes. However, if it tries to transform itself into something by relying on its memory, this Pokémon manages to get details wrong.

That said, Ditto would be a good random button, as the anime completely ignores Ditto's peanut memory.

JoeM86

Ditto can't transform into whatever Pokemon it wants whenever it wants. If it tries to, it makes mistakes because it has poor memory. It's only a perfect process if it can see the Pokemon.

That said, Ditto would be a good random button, as the anime completely ignores Ditto's peanut memory.

Then it could keep the face :p

The Hermit

Am I the only one weirded by the humanoid Pokemon. It used to bother me before, but watching them move in 3D is... something.

lazyguy

Maybe that could be his burst mode thing since he doesn't have a mega evolution.

I'd love to see Zoroark too. He's one of my favorites from that generation. He's hard to implement in fighting games though.

Yeah ok but what would it do though. Also I imagined he would of played a bit like Weavile

TreIII

Harada is vocally against DLC characters; has gone on record saying this on multiple occasions, if I remember correctly.

So I doubt pokken will have DLC characters, but The Pokémon Company will get the final say I guess.

Harada definitely is, yes.

But unfortunately, since the console ports of TTT2 didn't sell quite as well as Bamco hoped, I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco and TPC both fully embrace the notion of DLC content. It may not be what Hoshino or Harada would've wanted, but business is business.

Perhaps it won't be but so bad, if either a) the DLC is free or b) the DLC follows after SSF4's example, and veers more towards full-fledged expansions than 1-2 characters every few months. Either way would help maintain interest in the game long after its original release, which is what I'm sure all parties involved would like.

iBlue

Hopefully this game will have more characters, really looking forward to it. Pokemon games are not for me anymore but this game definitely attracts my attention.

I just need my boy in here!

300px-Spiky_Shield_2.png
Speaking of this pic, I am sad that it doesn't use Gen VI's cel shaded art style. Would've been cool, and I like cel shaded more for most games. Pokken looks too realistic.

If I can get into this game, I'm not sure who I'll main. I'll probably play lots of Gardevoir simnce I want female Pokemon as my main. Hope I can dig Charizard Weavile, Swuicune and Blaziken too. I hope its like Smash where I'm fairly good with everyone but Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Wario. Wanna play lots of characters!

My two most wanted Pokemon were Sylveon and Emolga. Emolga is already dead so I gotta hope on Sylveon in a roster with two Pikachus, 719 choices, and no Gen V or VI Pokemon. >_>

Sadly it seems at this rate only the latest evolutions have a chance (except Pikachu lol) so rip in piece: Squartle, Fenniken, Snivy (Assist doube KO) Piplup, Pichu, and many others. I usually prefer the stage 1 Pokemon.

Sadly it seems at this rate only the latest evolutions have a chance (except Pikachu lol) so rip in piece: Squartle, Fenniken, Snivy (Assist doube KO) Piplup, Pichu, and many others. I usually prefer the stage 1 Pokemon.
Same. Always bothered me in pokemon how power often is associated with getting uglier or just not looking as cute in general and it's very rare you get a lower level evolution that has any way of making up the stat deficit from evolving (dusclops being one of those rare exceptions, but it's not particularly cute even if it still appeals to me more than the weird bouncer-like thing it turns into :p )

That said, the Fennekin line became dangerously close to becoming the first starter pokemon I genuinely, fully liked until my too-cool-for-school Braixen turned into a homeless lady :/
(and yes, my fenn/braix/delph is one of those rare ones that's actually female, I'm not just projecting :p )

Toxi

Banned
I want to see more esoteric Pokemon like Weavile and Machamp. They make the game feel more varied than just throwing in starters and the most popular Pokes.

Toxi

Banned
weavile is pretty popular
Certainly not one of the most popular Pokemon like Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Lucario. Hell, I'd wager not as popular as the likes of Gengar or Gardevoir.

There are a lot of Pokemon I would have predicted before Weavile or Machamp, which is what makes their inclusions so refreshing.

Sadist

I need mah boy Greninja in this. Guess Primeape won't make the cut huh?

One of the Hitmons should make it as well right? I'll be surprised if either Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop won't make it.

Stulaw

Wow if these are already running on the WiiU I'm surprised how close this looks to the Arcade version.

Says at the bottom of the UK trailer that the footage is from the arcade version and the footage isn't final. Although I don't see a reason as to why the Wii U couldn't pull it off.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I need mah boy Greninja in this. Guess Primeape won't make the cut huh?

One of the Hitmons should make it as well right? I'll be surprised if either Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop won't make it.

We wouldnt know that, the game doesnt have a boxer type so his chances are pretty high

Does anyone know exactly what this graph is? It looks like you can level up but I don't know if it affects anything battle-wise. There's not a lot of info on the mechanics/features posted in English yet.

lzKkTaf.png

Says at the bottom of the UK trailer that the footage is from the arcade version and the footage isn't final. Although I don't see a reason as to why the Wii U couldn't pull it off.

I start thinking these arcade version are just Wii U consoles hidden in arcade machines. When they had early test with the arcade version, I've seen a video on youtube where you can see the video signal was lost and the output shown "720p".

DedValve

Banned
Speaking of this pic, I am sad that it doesn't use Gen VI's cel shaded art style. Would've been cool, and I like cel shaded more for most games. Pokken looks too realistic.

If I can get into this game, I'm not sure who I'll main. I'll probably play lots of Gardevoir simnce I want female Pokemon as my main. Hope I can dig Charizard Weavile, Swuicune and Blaziken too. I hope its like Smash where I'm fairly good with everyone but Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Wario. Wanna play lots of characters!

My two most wanted Pokemon were Sylveon and Emolga. Emolga is already dead so I gotta hope on Sylveon in a roster with two Pikachus, 719 choices, and no Gen V or VI Pokemon. >_>

Gardevoirs can be male just like the other pokemon can be female. The only confirmed female is luchador pikachu.

Mr-Joker

Banned
It would be awesome if they made this guy playable.

I'm kind of disappointed that best fire starter didn't get in.
pspwkkC.png

He's already in.

charizard-142623.png

Typhlosion is just a poor man clone of Charizard.

He hasn't got in yet

UK1LByA.jpg

I really hope that Infernape makes it in.

Gardevoirs can be male just like the other pokemon can be female. The only confirmed female is luchador pikachu.

It's clear that they are pushing Gardevoir in Pokken to be female.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Gallade ends up being playable.

Top Bottom