• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

I'm kind of disappointed that best fire starter didn't get in.
pspwkkC.png

where is that render from cause from cause it's doesn't look good

anyway i mainly want a grass starter, i hope one shows up soon

Seeing the trailer again reminds me i still need to pick up Tekken Tag tournament 2 on wii u but its still so expensive on the eshop >.<

We need another weirdo like Serperior, do i like Serperior? Honestly no, but it has no legs or arms so it would make a unique fighter :) to bad snivy is a support so i doubt that would happen but then again there is that arbok and that snake from gen 3

Sou Da

where is that render from cause from cause it's doesn't look good

anyway i mainly want a grass starter,
i hope one shows up soon

Gamefreak seems to really not give a shit about that type at all. Plus there aren't really any 'popular' grass types other than bulbasaur, so we'll see.

A savy game developer would put in Breloom though.

TDLink

We still don't have a water starter. Personally I think we'll get both a water and grass. Can't just have two fires.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gardevoirs can be male just like the other pokemon can be female. The only confirmed female is luchador pikachu.

Blaziken is also male (long horns and hair).

While Gardevoir's gender isn't revealed, its mannerisms (e.g. when it falls from a jump, it covers its skirt) makes me think it's a female.

We still don't have a water starter. Personally I think we'll get both a water and grass. Can't just have two fires.

yeah that's what i was thinking mostly

i mainly just don't want a smash 4 situation to happen again, it would be even worst in this game since it already has 2 fire starters

If any Water starter is going to get in, it's going to be Greninja. For grass starters, I would say either Sceptile or Serperior but since we already have Blaziken, that could bring Sceptile's chances down.

It would be interesting to see if another quadruped makes it in.

If any Water starter is going to get in, it's going to be Greninja.

considering Frogadier is a assist i wouldn't be so sure, usually it's either it's Unevolved state or it's final evolution that get's used so them using a first stage evolution makes me think some thing is up

If any Water starter is going to get in, it's going to be Greninja. For grass starters, I would say either Sceptile or Serperior but since we already have Blaziken, that could bring Sceptile's chances down.

Why? We have two Pikachu and a ton of first gen Pokemon. No reason we can't have two third gen starters and Sceptile is the only Grass starter that seems battle ready.

Venusaur has stubby little legs and hobbles around. He's too awkward and large and not fit for a fighting game

Meganium would work but who likes Meganium? They'd be adding probably the least popular starter that's ever existed.

Torterra is similar to Venusaur. Big and bulky and also crazy slow... because he's a giant turtle.

Serperior could work I guess, but it'd be an interesting challenge.

Chestnaught could easily work and he's probably just as likely as Sceptile.

Why? We have two Pikachu and a ton of first gen Pokemon. No reason we can't have two third gen starters and Sceptile is the only Grass starter that seems battle ready.

Venusaur has stubby little legs and hobbles around. He's too awkward and large and not fit for a fighting game

Meganium would work but who likes Meganium? They'd be adding probably the least popular starter that's ever existed.

Torterra is similar to Venusaur. Big and bulky and also crazy slow... because he's a giant turtle.

I would prefer Sceptile but neither are Gen I Pokemon anyway. I don't think Gen I getting the most Pokemon would be a big surprise. Like you said, Grass starters aren't as suitable but who knows.

Seriously tho, im so upset that they got more than 700 characters to put in and they still went "yo, you know what we should do? Lets put pikachu in again but this time with the luchadore costume." Not even one of his shitty posers that we get every new gen, just pikachu.

I love Meganium!

In fact, I love all Gen II starters. They hit home runs with all of them for me!

DaBoss

I doubt they care they don't have equal starter type representation. They chose Charizard and Blaziken for reasons outside of their starter status.

They are both Pokemon who were propped up a lot prior to the release of XY and the Gen 6 marketing machine in general.

Zalman

I don't really get the obsession with Greninja and Jigglypuff. Do we really want them to have the same characters as Smash? Let's get some characters that rarely get any spotlight. Primeape, Ludicolo, Breloom, Excadrill. That kind of stuff.

Mewtwo is inevitable though.

I don't really get the obsession with Greninja and Jigglypuff. Do we really want them to have the same characters as Smash? Let's get some characters that rarely get any spotlight. Primeape, Ludicolo, Breloom, Excadrill. That kind of stuff.

Honestly i think the answer is yea, personally im against it. I like greninja but would rather not have him, lets go with a different water starter thats underused imo

Macka

Hoping for Blastoise, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Tyranitar, Sceptile, Greninja and Pangoro.

I think a snake Pokemon could also be very cool. I'd prefer Arbok, but Serperior seems the most likely there since it's a starter and there are no grass type reps yet.

I actually wonder if they'll support the game by adding more characters gradually after release like what Killer Instinct is doing and what Street Fighter V will do.

Makes sense to me.

Mecha

I actually wonder if they'll support the game by adding more characters gradually after release like what Killer Instinct is doing and what Street Fighter V will do.

Makes sense to me.

It's an arcade game, so if they did do that model you would still have to wait a while before the content hits consoles.

~shakes head~
People talking about grass and not acknowledging the dancing queen of the grass pokemon

I don't care much for Meganium nor whatever other monstrosity it evolves from either but Chikorita is straight up adorbs :3

On the debate of the playable Gardevoir's gender/sex, didn't they give it a blatantly female voice? You can hear Gardevoir cry out when defeated in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1hjvGOe0oA&feature=youtu.be&t=1m11s

Crayolan

~shakes head~
People talking about grass and not acknowledging the dancing queen of the grass pokemon

I don't care much for Meganium nor whatever other monstrosity it evolves from either but Chikorita is straight up adorbs :3

On the debate of the playable Gardevoir's gender/sex, didn't they give it a blatantly female voice? You can hear Gardevoir cry out when defeated in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1hjvGOe0oA&feature=youtu.be&t=1m11s

Female Ludicolo tho

Flowmoney

I am surprised that a Eevee evolution isn't playable , if they do one I hope its like Umbreon or Espeon to a lesser extent.

But if they pick one its likely to be Slyveon. I really hope they go with a older pick. Gardevoir is pretty much what you expect out of them presentation wise.

awesome to get this on WiiU

should have used Entei as fire pokemon though..instead of that stupid kickboxing cock
EoJIsvy.jpg

C8E6IKh.jpg

majestic, raw and powerfully beautiful. ruler of earth and fire. more god than pokemon
<3

Flowmoney

I genuinely can't imagine this game coming out without Hitmonchan.

He's wearing boxing gloves for christ sake!

I would be surprised if he actually gets in , roster is mainly popularity contest and promotional. They probably have some list with Mewtwo and some other Pokemon on it. Most probably have Mega forms too.

Suicune and Weavile are the only surprising picks and they are still pretty popular. I don't know how the Hitmon line will go before a lot of things.

Thats how i feel about totadile, its the best first stage starter, it makes me sad that it goes from being so happy and adorable to a miserable looking alligator or whatever during its 3rd evo &#128546;

They did say they didn't want to overload it with Fighting-type Pokémon and wanted to mix up the available ones.
If only they meant mixing up the popular pokemons and some odd balls. Im not saying i want those bottom of the barrel pokemons like the ice cream one or magnemite, just want to see more of them "oh man, i didnt think they'd put that one in!" Mind you thats how i feel about the waste of a slot lucha pikachu but i want to say it in a positive tone

Flowmoney

If only they meant mixing up the popular pokemons and some odd balls. Im not saying i want those bottom of the barrel pokemons like the ice cream one or magnemite, just want to see more of them "oh man, i didnt think they'd put that one in!" Mind you thats how i feel about the waste of a slot lucha pikachu but i want to say it in a positive tone

The only real surprising Pokemon as oddballs to me is , if they went with like Wigglytuff instead of Jigglypuff or say that everyone should appreciate something like Shuckle. Pokken hasn't had that unpredictable addition. Evolution no one talks about , Pokemon all over routes , weird with one form only etc.

TunaLover

Well Nintendo is so damn good supporting games after release with patches and DLC, I'm sure will see some new characters down the line. I still want Jigglypuff though, or Meowth.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I want Diggersby just for the Lopunny tears.

Well Nintendo is so damn good supporting games after release with patches and DLC, I'm sure will see some new characters down the line. I still want Jigglypuff though, or Meowth.

it's a bamco game

Top Bottom