• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
"You must be a Republican, since you're not afraid of work. Plus you show initiative."

What the fuck does that even mean?

Nancy Reagan? Huh. Not the first person I'd identify as the conscience of the party.

Anyway, it's easy to explain Trump calling Barack HUSSEIN Obama the founder of ISIS as simply race-baiting from a desperate reckless fool, but this former ambassador to Russia notes that the "founder of ISIS" accusation is a common refrain of the Russian propaganda establishment -- so yet more evidence he's an semi-unwitting pawn of Russia:

https://twitter.com/mcfaul/status/763581341984096256

diaspora

If Nancy Reagan were alive right now, she'd be rolling over in her grave.
tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Also, has everyone watched Rudy pull some Olympic level mental gymnastics with the 32 minute Cuomo interview?

The fact that the Trump's campaign still can't get control of his twitter make me believe that the internal collapse in his campaign is complete. If you're not one of his kids or a total yes man, you're basically collecting a paycheck and trying to figure out which country you were hiking in for the last two months as you fill out your resume.

I've been saying it all along, there is no outrunning the top of the ticket for Rubitron

I think this goes further than just FL-SEN. This isn't 1984, 1988, or even 1996. Tribalistic politics and social media reinforcement push people to straight ticket ballots MUCH more frequently than they used to.

(though when you can vote against trump, trump lackey dick burr, and Pat McRory, a man who makes Paul Ryan look like a principled champion, it's VERY easy to pull straight D)

I'm watching Morning Joe on MSNBC and they are talking about Trumps " Obama founded ISIS" claim. They just interviewed Michael Hayden and EVEN a former general and director of the NSA, semi-accepts the untrue and uninformed causation between " Obama pulling the troops out of Iraq" and the violent rise of ISIS. He also casually claims the Obama administration is responsible for "breaking" Libya.
Well. ISIS obtained half its territory because Obama did not negotiate hard enough to leave a residual troop force in Iraq. I think its second largest city is still Mosul. So there's no causation there for the Syrian part of ISIS but I think ISIS would have never had a substantial march toward Baghdad and taken huge chunks of the northwest of the country if the withdrawal had not occurred.

Also, Obama chose not to enforce a no fly zone. So in that sense, Syria destabilized much more than it should have and the ingredients for a virulent and effective terrorist element in the eastern part of Syria were abetted by Obama's inaction.

jevity

Thanks for all the answers.

I want to add that a lot of your written news do come off very professional, detailed and brave, both in style and substance.

I took my chance with MSNBC because CNN was becoming too "loud". I knew Joe was a republican, and former Trump supporter, but I was still shocked when Hayden, who is on record saying he is not republican, answered the question about ISIS, in such a simplistic way.

I have watched numerous PBS docus in the past, the one about quantum physics with Brian Green comes to mind. I was not aware of PBS also airing political content daily. So thanks a lot for that suggestion.

I think a combination of currently reading a couple of books about the CPA and post-war reconstruction in Iraq and at the same time realising the potential global consequences of the outcome of this election, is making me more critical of the power that moderne day mass media exercises.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Holy crap, Guiliani knows enough things to talk for 32 minutes?
No no

It 1 minute about how Hillary is crooked

And 2 minutes about emails

3 minutes about bengazhi

And there's 26 minutes left. There nothing else to talk about, or is there, you tell me

There's something going on here folks

Foffy

Banned
"You must be a Republican, since you're not afraid of work. Plus you show initiative."

What the fuck does that even mean?

Republicans work and try to work hard.

Democrats barely work and look for excuses to not work hard.

The equilibrium may be machines, for it beings both to a center of non-work. ;)

jevity

Well. ISIS obtained half its territory because Obama did not negotiate hard enough to leave a residual troop force in Iraq. I think its second largest city is still Mosul. So there's no causation there for the Syrian part of ISIS but I think ISIS would have never had a substantial march toward Baghdad and taken huge chunks of the northwest of the country if the withdrawal had not occurred.

Also, Obama chose not to enforce a no fly zone. So in that sense, Syria destabilized much more than it should have and the ingredients for a virulent and effective terrorist element in the eastern part of Syria were abetted by Obama's inaction.

Thank you for your reply.

I am not completely rejecting your explanation, but I still dont fully agree and will attempt to elaborate on why, when I get home tonight.

Lawsuit: Trump campaign failed to act after staffer pulled gun

A lawsuit filed by a former staffer on Donald J. Trump’s campaign for president claims the campaign’s then-North Carolina State Director pulled a gun on him and senior campaign officials refused to do anything about it.
According to the complaint, Bordini and Phillip were driving in Phillip’s Jeep when Phillip “produced a pistol, put his right index finger on the trigger, and drove the barrel into Vincent’s knee cap.”

The complaint says the two men were driving to check on campaign volunteers at a hotel in Greenville, SC on February 13, 2016 during the GOP primary when the incident happened.

“Phillip pushed the barrel into Vincent’s knee. The barrel’s pressure crinkled Vincent’s blue jeans. Phillip ominously stared sidewise at Vincent while driving the Jeep down the road and the barrel into Vincent,” the complaint claims. “Vincent froze. Phillip’s gune was loaded and the safety was off. A bump in the road would likely result in a bullet hole, and worse, in Vincent’s knee.”

The lawsuit says Bordini reported the incident to the campaign’s western North Carolina regional director that same night. According to the lawsuit, the regional director told Bordini that Phillip had previously done the same thing to him.

The complaint says Bordini then reported the incident to Stuart Jolly, who is described as the Trump Campaign’s national field director. Nothing happened, according to the lawsuit.

Then, the lawsuit alleges, Bordini had a telephone conversation with then-Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski on March 9, 2016 in which he reported the gun incident.

“Lewandowski said that he took Vincent’s complaint seriously,” the lawsuit says. “Upon information and belief, Lewandowski did nothing to correct Phillip’s brazen behavior. He certainly didn’t suspend or terminate him.”

Bordini’s lawsuit claims at least two other campaign members also had a gun pulled on them by Phillip.

“Others detailed something different. They described Phillip yelling and screaming in anger while brandishing a pistol,” the lawsuit claims.
Uh.

studyguy

No no

3 minutes about bengazhi

And there's 26 minutes left. There nothing else to talk about, or is there, you tell me

A lot of emphatic gesturing and hand waving.

giphy.gif

thebloo

Unskewing a bit, but not really. The fact that Trump only loses 2 points in a 4-way versus 5 points for Hillary is a good thing. More than 50% of the people will NOT vote for Trump, whatever happens. They don't necessarily like Hillary, but they will vote for her in a 1v1 setting. In the booth, on the day of the GE, it will probably be a 1v1 setting for most.

royalan

No no

3 minutes about bengazhi

It was the mess. Guiliani is more Trump-like than Trump. Just spew so much garbage so quickly and with such confidence that the journalist interviewing can only jump in to fact-check a fraction of it.

OmniOne

Raleigh, N.C. – PPP's newest South Carolina poll finds that the state is trending toward being competitive in the Presidential race this year, just like in neighboring Georgia. Donald Trump has only a 2 point lead with 41% to 39% for Hillary Clinton, 5% for Gary Johnson, and 2% for Jill Stein.

happeningbunker.jpg

http://www.270towin.com/maps/QRnvw

BELIEVE! DON"T LET YOUR DREAMS STAY DREAMS!
DO IT!
The way she gets here is by unanimously killing trump in the debates. Which is pretty likely!

----

Nikki Haley's favs are down:
Nikki Haley's approval rating in South Carolina is down to 48/39, after being 56/28 when we last polled the state:

Lindsey Graham is hated pretty widely!
Lindsey Graham has 30/54 approval spread- unpopular across board- 35/54 with GOP, 29/50 with indys, 26/57 with Dems

mo60

Another wild battleground state has appeared. If SC is going to probably go blue in this election what other state is in danger of going blue that no one has barely polled yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom