• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon COD: Ghosts Review update: (XBONE better version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you play COD on ps4 in 720p will be smooth out the framerate?

Game seems like a hot mess anyway. Regardless of platform.

Downplaying the resolution but uplaying any FR hiccups is totally Polygon though and kind makes it hard to take any technical comments seriously from these fools.

Azlan

Oh boy oh boy. I think the only take away is that whichever console you chose you are getting a good version of COD Ghosts (if you want it). Trying to extrapolate extra information from the performance of launch titles seems a bit silly.

daman824

In games like these where maintaining 60fps is key, performance is always more important than resolution. I have no idea why ininity ward didn't drop the ps4 resolution as well. They could have just dropped it to 900p and it still would have been higher than xb1 + more stable than it is now.

Kajiba

mj_popcorn.gif

Perfect gif for whats about to happen lol.

Haha, oh damn. I'm not interested in this game, but Xboxone fans will use this to their advantage.

I do expect other reviewers to see more of a difference in iQ though

The press are all over the freaking place with Ghosts on next gen.

IGN says the campaign had framerate issues on PS4, but not in multi.

Polygon says the PS4 version had framerate issues in both.

Videogamer.com says the PS4 version looks significantly better, and the XB1 version kinda looks bad, but makes no mention of framerate problems on either.

GiantBomb says the PS4 version has framerate issues in campaign and multi. Hasn't commented on the XB1 version yet.

GameInformer says they didn't notice any framerate issues on the PS4 version.

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone who gets upset over review differences with this trash game is a fool. Everyone should be uniting to avoid buying this game for better launch options like BF4 and Killzone.

Knoxcore

I'll shout it on Mount Everest for the whole world to hear--resolution does not matter. It is all about the framerate. I'm not getting an Xbox but I just have to smile and shake my head at all the PS4 fanboys right now.

StoopKid

The press are all over the freaking place with Ghosts on next gen.

IGN says the campaign had framerate issues on PS4, but not in multi.

Polygon says the PS4 version had framerate issues in both.

Videogamer.com says the PS4 version looks significantly better, and the XB1 version kinda looks bad, but makes no mention of framerate problems on either.

GiantBomb says the PS4 version has framerate issues in campaign and multi. Hasn't commented on the XB1 version yet.

GameInformer says they didn't notice any framerate issues on the PS4 version.

Game journalism

IGN:
When comparing the PS4 and Xbox One versions side-by-side, there’s little to no variation in textures and effects, but there is a discernible difference in resolution. While both are displayed at 1080p, the Xbox One version upscales the game from 720p resolution. In contrast, the PS4 version runs natively at 1080p, which makes character models, weapons, and environments look noticeably sharper and more detailed.

Polygon:
It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference.

Well, only one with a steady frame rate, and it has early access to DLC. I can see why it has a .5 higher score.

By the way, what platforms have dedicated servers? Xbox One, PS4, PC?

Sotha_Sil

Whole point of dropping the Xbox One version from 1080p to 720p was to maintain 60fps.

Why would Infinity Ward not do the same for the PS4 version?

Syf

Banned
Makes sense. Framerate is more important than resolution in a shooter in my opinion. Dunno why they tried to push 1080p on PS4 if it can't run that smoothly.

In games like these where maintaining 60fps is key, peeformance is always more important than resolution. I have no idea why ininity ward did'nt drop the ps4 resolution as well. They could have just dropped it to 900p and it still would have been higher than xb1 + more stable than it is now.

The way CoD:G looks, it should be 1080p, locked at 60fps, on both consoles.
IW is a shadow of it's former self. Even the PC version runs like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom