• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon COD: Ghosts Review update: (XBONE better version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korezo

This doesn't make sense to me. One guy says ps4 is better now this guy says xbox one is better... They must be both terrible.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Polygon said:
The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 , I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference.

Ok, that line definitely deserves that GIF.

il8gYFhW4Fgu6.gif

AOC83

Banned
Anyone who gets upset over review differences with this trash game is a fool. Everyone should be uniting to avoid buying this game for better launch options like BF4 and Killzone.

Agree. Noone should give a rats ass about what polygon says though, this site is a joke.

Interfectum

Also from IGN:

When comparing the PS4 and Xbox One versions side-by-side, there’s little to no variation in textures and effects, but there is a discernible difference in resolution. While both are displayed at 1080p, the Xbox One version upscales the game from 720p resolution. In contrast, the PS4 version runs natively at 1080p, which makes character models, weapons, and environments look noticeably sharper and more detailed. The difference is especially apparent on larger-sized TVs, where pixel density weighs more heavily in picture quality.

Then from Polygon:

The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 , I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference.

LTWheels

IGN:

s. On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout.

Schwabby

Neo Member
So the review text doesn't reflect the score?

Colour me surprised!

That gif was created as a joke...

My desire to even gamefly this game has faded.

And i actually consider myself to be a fan of this series.

Cements my decision to rent this later down the road. What a shame Activision.

Are you saying that the fact the Xbox One version of the game scored higher makes you to buy the game less? That is ridiculous.

We're in for a wild ride.

Honestly though, whichever version is "better' they both look great and I'm sure both will play perfectly fine on both consoles. No need to get worked up about any of this nonsense IMO.

THIS!

Sheroking

Not being able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p in a vacuum? Okay, I can see that.

Side by side? No. Polygon lies.

But dropped frames is a bigger deal, especially with something like CoD.

CoD has been a consistent letdown (from an innovation, gameplay perspective) for the last couple of years regardless of platform. I'm hopeful that Titanfall and Destiny put their collective boots on the neck of that franchise next year. It needs to evolve or die in a fire.

old

I'll take 720p with a rock solid 60fps than 1080p with an unstable framerate. Looking forward to upgrading to the XBO version.

SmokyDave

Seems fair enough if the XBone version is perfectly smooth and the PS4 version isn't. Framerate is more important than resolution, though I'm surprised they couldn't tell the difference between 720p upscaled and native 1080p.

~~Hasan~~

I blame this on the developers. not the hardware.

also I am still buying it on PS4. I believe a batch will fix this. if not oh well. its not like I have xbox one anyway lol

Thrakier

It's perfectly fine to rate the X1 version higher if the framerate is more consistent. That's valid.

However, a reviewer not being able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080, not seeing the skewed sharpness and contrast involved in the X1 upscaling, not noticing the overall completly fucked up look. Sorry, but there is no excuse.

Without mercy, NextGen will reveal all those journalists who know NOTHING about tech at all. And there are tons of them. Rough times ahead for them with a strong learning curve. Hopefully, at the end of a day, we'll have better quality products and more critical reviewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom