• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Cody_D165

Banned
These Alts are so good.

BbEhX6bIQAAy4GJ.png:large

Hnnnnng

Sure.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/
Follow the instructions in this thread, but make sure to download the file from Reply #1 first and then replace the .bat file with the one from Reply #18 for ProjectM 2.6b

Addenum:
1.) You need the Riivolution.zip of ProjectM
2.) Open the .bat and change the GCT size for ProjectM to 9100
3.) Until the .bat is updated for ProjectM 3.0 this won't work for ProjectM 3.0

EDIT: Ignore error messages during the merging process, those showed up for me, too but nothing actually happened

What kind of PC do I need to run brawl at a decent framerate?

KHlover

Banned

I have

Radeon HD4850 1GB
Intel Core2Duo E8500@4,0GHz overclocked
8GB RAM

Stable 60fps in SSBB (but funnily enough not in Melee)
EDIT: Rendering at 1920x1584 (3x native) with 16x AF and 0x AA, displaying at 1280x1024
Answer: Any gaming PC built in the last 5 years should suffice (With an Intel CPU @ at least 3GHz)

Man really wanted to get this setup tonight but as with any launch of something this big its likely going to go under

Hopefully its widely available by the weekend

ffdgh

Yet another question.
e5YuU.gif
Since my 2gb sd is missing, does Riivolution work with wii U?

Also...Sucks that I won't be able to use my game cube controller -_-.

I have

Radeon HD4850 1GB
Intel Core2Duo E8500@4,0GHz overclocked
8GB RAM

Stable 60fps in SSBB (but funnily enough not in Melee)
EDIT: Rendering at 1920x1584 (3x native) with 16x AF and 0x AA, displaying at 1280x1024
Answer: Any gaming PC built in the last 5 years should suffice

After your cpu meets the requirements (hard part), the rest of the work goes to the gpu (easy part, depending on your gpu), which of course depends on your resolution and IQ settings.

I have a i7 4770K@ 4.1GHz + GTX 780. I can crank everything to 3840 x 2160 @ 60fps with 8xmsaa (quality 32) in melee, brawl, and project m.

I would say you should go for an Intel Dual core CPU that can hit 3.5 - 4GHz on at both cores, or a quad core CPU (i5/i7) that can do the same for all four. Get a lighter gpu like GTX 670/GTX 760 or anything higher than a AMD Radeon 7850 and you should be fine for 1080p.

KHlover

Banned
After your cpu meets the requirements (hard part), the rest of the work goes to the gpu (easy part, depending on your gpu), which of course depends on your resolution and IQ settings.

I have a i7 4770K@ 4.1GHz + GTX 780. I can crank everything to 3840 x 2160 @ 60fps with 8xmsaa (quality 32) in melee, brawl, and project m.

I would say you should go for an Intel Dual core CPU that can hit 3.5 - 4GHz on at both cores, or a quad core CPU (i5/i7) that can do the same for all four. Get a lighter gpu like GTX 670/GTX 760 or anything higher than a AMD Radeon 7850 and you should be fine for 1080p.
Yeah, should probably edit that in my post.

TDLink

So will armored Mewtwo be in 3.0?

Yes. The confirmed included costumes are, as far as I know:

• Dr. Mario
  • Mr. L Luigi
  • Shadow Queen Peach
  • Fire Peach
  • Dry Bowser
  • Boxer Donkey Kong
  • Melee/SF64 Fox
  • Melee/SF64 Falco
  • Starfox 2 Wolf
  • Ocarina of Time Link
  • Outset Island Toon Link
  • Captain Pikachu
  • Armored Mewtwo
  • Commander/Unmasked Man Lucas
  • Pajama Ness
  • Virtual Boy ROB

There are likely more that they have not revealed though.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Me and a friend are looking to get into high level smash from just casual melee play . Is it best to go with project m or stick with melee?

TDLink

BbE1qcEIIAEWOMF.png

"3.0 brings with it Turbo mode! It is possible for it to appear in your normal games as an item though, beware! "

Not sure if you ever found the answer to this or not but you must use an SD card that's 2GB or less with Brawl, because the game was made before the SDHC update. If the SD card is 2GB or less after all then I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Holy shit, that would be the issue. It's a 4GB SDHC card, the one that came with the 3DS XL. Thanks a ton!

georly

I was kinda hoping this would be out by the time I got off work :( :( :( Oh well. At least theyre pumping out pics on twitter to assure us something is happening over there.

Anbec7

Is there another place to download this????

Also could someone explain me this a little bit better?

est for me
- Install Homebrew Channel
-USBx Loader
-smash iso on a usb
-Extract PM on USB root and you are good to go.

I own Brawl but my wii can't read dual layered disk anymore :(

How do you extrac the PM (I guess is project M right?) I have the same problem as you...

Our Wii only get used to play Brawl :p and Mario Kart but the disc reader suddenly stopped working ): so I friend put all of this in my Wii and I really wanna try this!

Nice, thank you :) My PC is quite old now (4 years IIRC) but it should be able to handle it. Can't wait to try it next weekend.

Top Bottom