• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez Corden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinky

Banned
Hype! Don't have an XBO or XBOs, so I'm looking forward to the reveal. And, lol, Persona is not going to overshadow the reveal of new hardware. Stop.

a29d98e5.gif

First post accuracy

Papacheeks

Banned
Unless Scorpio shows unique software I can't get anywhere else, My excitement is very low for a 4k console.

The sales of high quality games like Zelda, Horizon, Nier, resident evil etc shows people don't care about 4k.

I wonder what games they'll show with it. Crackdown 3?

Presuming it's still alive. Other than that we're obviously getting all the first party stuff - Halo 6, Forza 7, Sea of Thieves. Too soon for Gears 5.

Looking at their last two years of third party output I have barely any faith in any third party exclusives being on Xbox ever again.

0racle

It better be really really impressive. This is arguably the biggest reveal for the future of Xbox. If it's a dud I worry for Xbox.

Foxxsoxx

I really wish they would just treat it as a new console. Xbox One failed but they could really turn it around if they made it its own thing.

SOR5

I really wish they would just treat it as a new console. Xbox One failed but they could really turn it around if they made it its own thing.

This is pure speculation now but yeah I feel like this is the prime one-and-only moment for a rebranding

They have to market this cleverly as hell

Retain the existing XBO userbase, but promote a brand new chapter of the platform, its a balancing act

Fisty

So its next week, with no hype and no official announcement for MS's hail mary? This close to E3? Yeah not buying it.

This and E3 will pretty much be the determining factor if Xbox is even revelent FOR ME at least for the foreseeable future. If it's all just 4K multiplats and the same few franchises they've been putting out for a decade I won't care. Hope they have some exciting things up their sleeves!

Either way I'm excited to see just what approach they take with this

Prologue

This is pure speculation now but yeah I feel like this is the prime one-and-only moment for a rebranding

I sold my xbox last year after hearing rumors about Scorpio, so it doesn't really affect me.

You still can't abandon an install base so soon like that though.

idk if "native" 4K is a selling point. But we'll see. I wonder what Sonys move will be. I asuming they will sharply undercut them on price this year.

But release another revision next year or wait till 2019/2020 for a "PS5".

So then the question remains. Will it be a stage event like the Xbox One reveal back then? Will it be like a Nintendo Direct or will they just release information and photos/videos of the system online and call it a day?

SOR5

So then the question remains. Will it be a stage event like the Xbox One reveal back then? Will it be like a Nintendo Direct or will they just release information and photos/videos of the system online and call it a day?

I think it could be:

Thursday event: Spec reveal, footage of known titles like Shadow of War and Crackdown 3 running (extra question marks on this one)

E3 event: Physical hardware reveal, new software reveals, price reveal

Name reveal a toss-up between either event

Basically the Thursday event will be all the lesser-hype technical stuff, E3 for all the easily digestible spectacles and any megatons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom