• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez Corden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboculus

A hardware reveal like the PS4 Pro event would be dumb since you can't stream 4K and HDR to people.

If they do something, it should just be a video like a Nintendo Direct (or even shorter like the Switch reveal video).

black070

idk if "native" 4K is a selling point. But we'll see. I wonder what Sonys move will be. I asuming they will sharply undercut them on price this year.

But release another revision next year or wait till 2019/2020 for a "PS5".

They really don't have to make a move, but a price cut on the Pro would suffice.

I think it could be:

Thursday event: Spec reveal, footage of known titles like Shadow of War and Crackdown 3 running (extra question marks on this one)

E3 event: Physical hardware reveal, new software reveals, price reveal

Name reveal a toss-up between either event

But if that happens people are gonna make fun of that. Revealing a console without showing it. Didn't MS actually make a comment about that when Sony didn't show the PS4 itself during the reveal back then?

I did. Do you seriously believe that? Of all days to announce things, this has to be announced on April 1st.

Most of the time Windows Central is pretty serious and OK though. Would be pretty lame if this is April Fools after all. It's not even funny or clever even.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
But if that happens people are gonna make fun of that. Revealing a console without showing it. Didn't MS actually make a comment about that when Sony didn't show the PS4 itself during the reveal back then?

That ship has sailed, they already announced the console last year without showing anything.

jelly

They were going to reveal in May but there was so many Xbox is nothing anymore threads, Phil decided to bring it forward to next week just for GAF.

PFD

train-in-vain.gif

This is hilarious in regards to Persona

Lucifon

If this is true there's next to no chance it's an actual reveal. Probably just the beginning of the PR train e.g announcement of their reveal event.

Midas

Next week? That came out of nowhere. Can't wait to see what MS will show and how they'll try to sell it. They surely need to come up with something unique here.

Woh woah...I've had quite a bit of cider...is this real...I damn hope so...All aboard 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

Salex_

They have to bring at least one new game to showcase the hardware, right?

Looking forward to seeing a new Jet Gemini Force game at the event.

th4tguy

Why wouldn't it?
If xbone games aren't running as is and are in fact running through an emulation layer of code, BC may not be up to snuff/ worth the investment.
I personally hope it does because I still want to play blue dragon and lost odyssey with the improved performance and I don't have an xbone.

Is there a r/LowQualityGifs?

Anyway, I'd say the sooner MS starts talking about Scorpio, the better. I'm guessing it'll be frankly smoke-and-mirrors until E3, but given that the Xbox One is basically crickets right now, and has been for months, they really need something to drum up interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom