• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I say just accept the diversity. We've had different styles within Genesis, Dreamcast, etc and in the end they were kind of fun to collect and enjoy the variation of styles.

If you're anal about the art, then separate them on your shelf.. ps3 part 1 and part 2. Done.

But personally I'd just line them up alphabetically as normal... fuck it.. You can spot the era of the release at a glance and that's kinda neat.

Personally I'd be more anal about having fake covers :p

54-46!

I'm very picky about this stuff, if I had a decent printer I would create new covers for all my games using the new template :lol

Sort of related.. I had to buy the "Collector's Edition" of Uncharted 2 wich looks even worse next to the other PS3 titles, so if someone wants to trade me the regular version instead that would be nice (I havn't used the codes) :p

JardeL

New design looks cool and way better than the old ;

vx1ahl.jpg
2s01gcg.jpg

ram

KennyLinder said:
Brutal Legend US uses old cover
Brutal Legend UK uses new cover

Opposite way around for Uncharted 2, how odd.

i think its safe to say, brütal legend EU version uses the new cover. my german version has the new design aswell.

NekoFever

Some of you guys would have an aneurism if you saw my mixed-region PS2 collection. We've got PAL games with their uniform white background with black text spines, Japanese ones, US ones with the cover art wrapping around to the spine, bright yellow Japanese Greatest Hits ('The Best'), maroon US Greatest Hits, silver UK Platinum...

Zoc

Do people actually like that Japanese Uncharted 2 cover? I'll probably end up with that version, because it's cheaper, but I like the other version better.

Anyway, if it was up to me, I'd re-do all the covers of my games to match the new branding, because I like it better, but covers you print yourself never look as good. I re-printed my Orange Box cover on a nice laser printer (to get rid of the orange), and it sticks out like a sore thumb now.

I love the Japanese cover art. If someone could redo it with English text, I just might print it out and replace my current cover.

PuppetMaster said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ywv32f.jpg[IMG]

Full version from DJmizuhara[/QUOTE]

This is what I am talking about! Now let's make a template with the new PS3 logo. That way, people can create new box art for older PS3 games.

noah111

Still Alive
Benjillion said:
This is what I am talking about! Now let's make a template with the new PS3 logo. That way, people can create new box art for older PS3 games.
Not sure what you mean exactly by a template, but here is the highest quality one around (made it months ago), it's a start;

Probably not big enough but afaik it's the largest image of the cover that shows the binding as well as the back.

Hopefully someone higher up would be able to get their hands on an official hires template of the covers they use though..

if you guys are really interested in this I would try and frequent console-covers.com

You can register there for free and d/l 5 free covers per day. They have a PS3 section (as well as Wii and 360). I think this site has the best chance of releasing any alt-covers for PS3 games. Hell, you might even go into their forums and make a request.

linkboy

MikeE21286 said:
if you guys are really interested in this I would try and frequent console-covers.com

You can register there for free and d/l 5 free covers per day. They have a PS3 section (as well as Wii and 360). I think this site has the best chance of releasing any alt-covers for PS3 games. Hell, you might even go into their forums and make a request.

I used cdcovers.cc.

That site pretty much handles everything I need to do cover related.

Sentry said:
Not sure what you mean exactly by a template, but here is the highest quality one around (made it months ago), it's a start;

Probably not big enough but afaik it's the largest image of the cover that shows the binding as well as the back.

Hopefully someone higher up would be able to get their hands on an official hires template of the covers they use though..

YES! That is great! Thanks for posting it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
TheDrowningMan said:
Where are you? I'm in the UK and the age rating is the old BBFC one - these covers were obviously printed a long time ago!
Any non-UK European country, probably.

dragonflys545 said:
Eww, That's one ugly color for a box...
Still leagues and heaps better than the yellowish atrocity we Europeans have.

D.Lo

Android18a said:
=0 Never seen them before. I'm sure in the UK we always had the same cases for PlayStation for the whole life cycle. And the Saturn, too.
You must have gotten into PS1 late then. There were definitely Saturn sized PS1 boxes here. Then then retarded oversize cases. Then the standard double CD cases. Then eventually standard CD cases.

PS1 art layouts changed quite dramatically over time as well, originally the black bar was on the left, or not there at all, before settling at the bottom of the cover.

Saturn cases were funny too, I always liked the cardboard/plastic PAL Saturn cases, but EA games came in plastic Mega Drive style cases. Much better then the US long jewel cases though. Japan got it right with standard jewel cases from the start.

Ah, the memories.

I'd like the PS3 Greatest Hits packaging a lot more if the red plastic was transparent instead of solid. I think that would look a lot nicer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I like the new banner and stuff for the newer style cases, but whenever I think twice something about the gradient makes it look cheap and ugly. The solid red works so much better.

JardeL

I think new Greatest Hits design is awesome. RED is my fav color.

As Digital-Hero mentioned , red case has Spider-Man font on it , so presumably they'll change it soon.

Metal Gear Solid 4 one that I composed

4020703385_87a11eb600_b.jpg

I've literally never opened/used photoshop before 10:45 this evening. This thread got me messing around with it to see if I could make something useful...

theBishop said:
I don't like the change at all.

But this puts it in perspective:
wipes.jpg

Imagine the gnashing of teeth today...

*sheds a tear*

I don't know what it is, but I still have a soft spot for those long boxes. I think part of it is remembering what they were like to open, new.
and what they smelled like

The fall of the Spidey-font will go down in history as the best thing to happen to PS3
besides Uncharted 2
Also, Mike, that MGS4 cover is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom