• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Gold 1TB coming June 9th , price 249$??

Xbudz

I can't help but wonder if Sony will drop price of every PS4 just a couple days before the Scorpio reveal.

CEJames

That is one ugly system if legit.

Damn, that's hideous.

Yuck.

Nothing says poor and tacky like glossy gold plastic.

Nothing says old and bland like matte black.

Seriously though. How does this look "hideous"?

Aside from funny sarcastic jokes about gold member, saiyan/ whatever else, I think it looks clean.

But I'll agree it wouldn't really blend in with anything in your house if its the only gold thing you have.

ZWJk9Mt.jpg

antibolo

Banned
The fact that Sony only makes special editions of the regular model shows how much they're not committed into the Pro.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wonder if MS will respond with the S dropping to $250 as well.

Should be able to get in during this Holiday for a Slim or S for $199. Hell I wouldn't doubt something even cheaper on BF.

Norse

Wonder if MS will respond with the S dropping to $250 as well.

Should be able to get in during this Holiday for a Slim or S for $199. Hell I wouldn't doubt something even cheaper on BF.

The S is already 249 for 500gb model at walmart, Best buy, and Target. 1 TB models vary 269 and up depending on pack in game.

Dynomutt

It's kind of sad that the color gold is unfortunately associated with Trump. First it's mad corny and immature ya'll can move that to the OT thread if ya like, deuces. Two the console looks clean compared to a many ugly combinations that have been released in the past.

Gold is classic and this is more or a Champagne just like every Samsung, LG, and Apple phone out there. It was fine when it was associated with the Taco Bell releases but since we got a clown for president it is evident that has set the precedents for so much ignorant residents that I question the intelligence. Shame.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This looks disgusting.
The pictures make the gold look cheap. Like McDonald's toy plastic mold cheap.

Elios83

If true the news here is the imminent price drop to 249$ announced before E3, not the new color which btw is indeed kinda ugly.

Shin

Banned
And to think that the BOM of PS4 was around $381 upon launch, kinda crazy that they can lower the retail price to $249 in just 3 1/2 years.
I wonder if they making profit off the machine itself or if it's all from games, because that's like a -$50 off every year.
Base version is the cheapest version is the most bought version, makes sense for them to give more attention to that.

FyreWulff

And to think that the BOM of PS4 was around $381 upon launch, kinda crazy that they can lower the retail price to $249 in just 3 1/2 years.
I wonder if they making profit off the machine itself or if it's all from games, because that's like a -$50 off every year.
Base version is the cheapest version is the most bought version, makes sense for them to give more attention to that.

more downward price pressure this time

It's kind of sad that the color gold is unfortunately associated with Trump. First it's mad corny and immature ya'll can move that to the OT thread if ya like, deuces. Two the console looks clean compared to a many ugly combinations that have been released in the past.

Gold is classic and this is more or a Champagne just like every Samsung, LG, and Apple phone out there. It was fine when it was associated with the Taco Bell releases but since we got a clown for president it is evident that has set the precedents for so much ignorant residents that I question the intelligence. Shame.
GAF is clueless when it comes to style and taste in general. I don't personally like gold on my plastic but there are A LOT of people that love gold products. Gold is still a popular color. Besides, this will be a niche color with the huge majority being black. Why not make a gold one? It's not killing anyone except GAF.

This is not the worst thing to happen to gaming, chill people. For $250 plenty will buy it. Sorry the PS4 isn't an Xbox One.

Even though rated for NA, PS4 Gold could be big for China.

Your going to see $199 black Friday bundles for sure then.

I bet Xbone Slim goes to $199 soon.

Top Bottom