• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Remote Play working on any (rooted) Android 4.4+ phone

Delt31

Everything you need for button mapping is built into the Shield. Create a new profile with Gamepad Mapper and drag and drop the buttons to match the Remote Play app button layout. For LS and RS stick placement, just use my pics above as reference.

Got you - I just didn't know if you had a sep app. seems like you don't thanks!

Got this working on my old Galaxy S3. I am thinking about doing it on my Galaxy S5 now. Sounds like people over on XDA, myself included, are having issues with janky connections via WiFi. It appears to be something with the app for now. I can use Remote Play with my Vita all over the house, without issues. If I do it with the S3, over my Wifi (just like the Vita) it never wants to connect.

However, it connects just fine if I am in the same room as my PS4 because it is using the direct connection. This is just a "hello world" proof of concept for me because if I am going to use Remote PLay at home, I am going to use my Vita. However, I am tempted to try it on my Galaxy S5 over my 4gLTE connection to see if there is any difference.

When I installed this at first, I was getting the 800Error or whatever and remote play didn't want to launch. But thanks to some tips on XDA, I uninstalled SuperSU and everything worked fine after that.

RexNovis

Banned
This is AWESOME news. I was already planning to pick up an Android tablet as an Ultraportable computing device for work. This just sweetens the deal. I assume this will also be compatible with tablets right?

When an SRPG comes out for the PS4, it'll be amazing.

Disgaea 5 here I come!!!!!

Schrade

Has anyone tried this on a Nexus 7 yet?

I got it working on my Nexus 7 (2013) but I had to do the "Reinstall Cleanup" stuff to remove SuperSU.

RemotePlay didn't seem to work with SuperSU stuff installed even though I was using RootCloak.

Finally got this working, no noticeable lag at all

OnePlus One 4.4.4

4b8DSC0581.jpg

mtodavk

Nice, I'll try this as soon as I get home, I wonder if a nexus 5 is powerful enough

Yes. It is running flawlessly on my N5. When my roomates were watching some TV last night, I decided I'd have a little fun at their expense and launched remote play from my room. Needless to say, they were pretty confused, and then mindblown when they realized that I was controlling my ps4 with my phone.

I really think this could be a huge selling feature for the console.

Charlie

Neo Member
Guys can someone please help me out...my rooted amazon fire tablet connects to PS4 through ps4 app but I don't see any link to the do a remote play session. When I try to download the PS4 remote play app from the store, it does not show up on my tablet from the play store. I am trying any way to download the APK file on to PC so then I can install it on the tablet. But with the APK downloader, I get an authentication failed when trying to login to the APK downloader.

Any ideas how can I get the remote play app on the tablet?

update: Finally got the remote app installed on my tablet but now stuck with this error 88001003 when remote play app starts :((( ... tried the RootCloak app and also removed root (I think) but still not working. Please help guys!!

kinn

update: Finally got the remote app installed on my tablet but now stuck with this error 88001003 when remote play app starts :((( ... tried the RootCloak app and also removed root (I think) but still not working. Please help guys!!

Rootcloak didn't work for me either. I had to take off supersu and then reinstall the remote apps after a reboot. Only then did it work for me. Heard you have to reinstall everyone you reboot your device also.

This was on my nexus 5.

Rootcloak didn't work for me either. I had to take off supersu and then reinstall the remote apps after a reboot. Only then did it work for me. Heard you have to reinstall everyone you reboot your device also.

This was on my nexus 5.

I am new to this rooting stuff...what do you mean take off supersu? Can you please explain how to do this?

Phreak47

I already have rooted devices for this but I'm going to hold off and see how this develops for a bit... and see if Sony has any reaction to it whatsoever.

I am new to this rooting stuff...what do you mean take off supersu? Can you please explain how to do this?
Go into supersu and under setting there needs to be option to uninstall supersu. When you uninstall it, reinstall remote play, or just start the remote play app.

Sweet .
Tmobile G3 user here too, there is a one click root that worked great for me called Stump Root. It's been a while since I used it though.

Will have to try on my G3 too once the ds4 support is in.

Well, couldn't wait.

Haven't hacked up an Android phone since the original galaxy s.

Got it working on my G3. To use a DS4 to play, you need to sign into a different account than the one you're remote playing with on the ps4.

This means you'll need to use or create a secondary psn id to sign in with on the phone so your ds4 will load up your primary accounts game saves etc when you start a game.

You're essentially using the phone as a second screen now, but at least controller latency should be less of an issue. I played driveclub and it seemed to work reasonably well. Cockpit mode felt impossible to use though. Too small to see properly.

We need this shit for the iPhone 6!

Honestly Sony should just sell the remote app on every platform and phone, instead of letting hackers eventually finding ways around it and they won't make any money. I would have bought the remote play app on iPhone for at least $19.99. Its dumb for them to lock it to the Z3 phones.

Schrade

RulkezX

What do you mean? What phone?

Z2.

The update can't be rolled out unless all operators agree, it went OTA on ThreeUK today so alkl networks should be seeing it today or really soon.

Edit: performance is really shitty though. my Vita is flawless on the same network, the phone just lags out and disconnects.

Z2.

The update can't be rolled out unless all operators agree, it went OTA on ThreeUK today so alkl networks should be seeing it today or really soon.

Edit: performance is really shitty though. my Vita is flawless on the same network, the phone just lags out and disconnects.

Can you not just sideload the remote play APK?

Thought it jut needed 4.4 at least, what's the Z2 currently on?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I got this working on my Oneplus One.

One question though: Is there a way to trick my phone into thinking it is utilizing WiFi but it is actually using LTE? I want to be able to connect on-the-go.

Top Bottom