• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + Star Wars Battlefront ad

Majine

Banned
ps4-it-prints-money.gif

I have so many questions about that picture.

Why is Kutaragi there in person, why is Cerny in a frame? etc.

Drayco21

Playstation's had a lot of fantastic ads since the PS4 launch, and this is up near the top. Very smart marketing with this one, I'm sure it's going to be a huge payoff for them.

Elandyll

Banned
Great ad imo.

Wonder if they will run it in tomorrow night's game, given that the new trailer for the movie is supposed to have its premiere then...

That would be awfully smart (but probably quite costly).

Blunoise

Just saw this on YouTube. This plus the new movie trailer tmmrw! I think I will die before I can buy Force Awaken tickets tmmrw

Boke1879

They should show this in the cinema when The Force Awakens comes out. Millions of people are going to see this. The Stars Wars hype is getting big.

This has the potential to become the most successful marketing deal imo. The timing is just perfect.

They just released the official poster for the movie and few short teaser of the trailer airing tomorrow. People are literally shitting themselves right now. Releasing this ad in the middle of that alone is genius. The ad had me feeling emotional.

Fuck everything else tomorrow night. When they official movie trailer releases nothing else matters lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Awesome ad!

Sony loves to use nostalgia in general, and it works.

That PS4 launch "ad" (it was a few minutes long) with the two friends playing each generation of Playstation was one of my favorites ever.

Agreed!

This ad screams nostalgia. Not just with the feels from the youth, but even the video game perspective as it hearkens back to the 80's/90's gaming commercials where you always "jumped in" live action.

Most impressive!

Awesome ad!

Sony loves to use nostalgia in general, and it works.

That PS4 launch "ad" (it was a few minutes long) with the two friends playing each generation of Playstation was one of my favorites ever.

Hell yeah, it even had a damn Placebo poster in it. For their debut album even! Which is pretty much my favorite 90s thing in the world, apart from all the gaming I managed to do.

MrDaravon

I wasn't super thrilled with the beta, but this ad makes me want to pre-order the PS4 bundle right this second. All the feels

Top Bottom