• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + Star Wars Battlefront ad

DavidDesu

Great ad but it puzzled me why they don't show the actual gameplay and make it clear it's the actual gameplay since it looks so bloody awesome to begin with!

Edit: This is a pretty special time for me as a Star Wars fan. The prequels are long forgotten, and even JJ and co seems to be doing their best to try and just not "go there." We have a new film that looks progressively cooler and cooler with every new 5 second clip we see, and the final full length trailer drops in about 24hours. The Beta of this game made me fall in love. All that nostalgia, and hey I LIKED the game. I really liked it in fact. It could have been a terrible glitchy mess and pumped out without a care, but it isn't. IT's actually good. Looks and sounds amazing and is simple to get into and enjoy. I know many disagree, but hey ho. I'm there. I'm so happy to be a PlayStation owning Star Wars fan right now, haha! Glorious :D

Brilliant ad. They know what they are selling and who they are selling to. Appeals to thirty and forty somethings who don't have a console yet this gen. And parents buying a kid a console. Like their first one. Ad agency done good.

Lucreto

I am sure that advert will be on before every screening of the movie.

It might be a little close to Christmas to make a huge impact but it will push into after Christmas sales of the PS4.

i wonder if harry potter is gonna have nostalgia-feels like this (for people like me, who grew up while the harry potter phenomenon was going on) when I'm in the position similar to the guy in the commercial & that other commercial (I think it was star wars lego?) of that guy who grew up and got his daughter a star wars gift.

although, harry potter doesn't really have a presence in video games like star wars does. which is a shame, because I (as well as others) would love an expansion to quidditch

edit: btw, that first comment: lol

Troy

Banned
But some people were saying kids wouldn't want a PS4 because there's no games. That right there looked like a game a lot of kids would like to play. Great ad.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
But some people were saying kids wouldn't want a PS4 because there's no games. That right there looked like a game a lot of kids would like to play. Great ad.

Kids? That ad is going to have Dad's buying PS4s. I mean, for the kids and stuff.

BokehKing

Banned
god damn sony made all the right moves for this holiday season

I got chills watching that commercial, probably cause I'm sitting by a window but still......

that was a great commercial

autoduelist

Great ad! Was already buying but now I'll buy 2 copies. Well done.

I'll see your 2 copies and raise you 3.

Seriously great ad. I played the beta and wasn't totally sure [though those sound effects almost got me alone] but now... yeah. Mine.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Three 10-15 sec teasers have been shown to hype up the trailer release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na6l1C8-Ti0

Yeah, I saw the teasers, but I'm still hoping the real deal gets thrown up.

On another note I wish Nintendo would play the nostalgia card once. Maybe with the NX, show kids receiving their NES systems, and Gameboys, and whatnot. But keep it accurate to the time they were released. I fucking love nostalgia that gives you them fuzzy feelings.

Dunlop

Great ad, due to the insane prices in Canada im only picking up one game for the holidays. This or Halo
I change my mind each day....

Yeah, I saw the teasers, but I'm still hoping the real deal gets thrown up.

On another note I wish Nintendo would play the nostalgia card once. Maybe with the NX, show kids receiving their NES systems, and Gameboys, and whatnot. But keep it accurate to the time they were released. I fucking love nostalgia that gives you them fuzzy feelings.

Would be smart. Also the new system should just be called Nintendo. Remember when you got your first Nintendo? Done. That crap sells.

Nintendo should hire the ad agency that did the Target Star Wars Share the Force ad. So much nostalgia!

Can't wait until tomorrow night. I hope they rerun this ad during the football game. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan but this got me hyped

Skux

More needs to be said about the actual product, because it looks pretty damn sweet.

star-wars-battlefront-ps4-bundle.jpg

Top Bottom