• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

Okay people I'm downloading now on the burner account. A few minutes and I'll be installing. Start quoting this post and I'll pass on the login details via PM first come first served (won't expire so don't worry).

DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD PLEASE.

Pls include me! Thanks

Aalvi

Unlike background downloads it seems like FW is done completely in the foreground so if the user logs out (or in this case logs in elsewhere) the PS4 cancels.

As for everyone waiting don't worry we'll get around to you eventually, and if you go off GAF for a bit whenever you're back on. This doesn't expire.

Yeah it's cool whenever you come back you can get in.

I have 100mbps so I should be fine, the install will be constant. I just want to try 100fps R6.

I can wait

Audioboxer

Are you guys sure you won't get banned for doing this? Won't they say a bunch of people installed the beta update that weren't supposed to?

No, it's not going through anyone's account but the burner account. It's as if your friend comes over and logs into your PS4 and updates FW.

As I mentioned a few pages back the trick to beta FWs when Sony first launched them was feeding your PS4 through a proxy on your PC to get the update and they didn't even care about that :p

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If there's a list of people getting access to the account I'd appreciate being added to it!

Edit:

Okay people I'm downloading now on the burner account. A few minutes and I'll be installing. Start quoting this post and I'll pass on the login details via PM first come first served (won't expire so don't worry).

Audioboxer

Okay, it's rebooting and installing. So I'm good to go Audioboxer. Thanks again for doing all of this!

PM away to Ogawa-San. If after 5 mins I haven't heard anything will move on (in case GAF posters go offline). Again, don't worry if anyone needs to go out. This can't expire so me or someone with the login details can help out later.

Cess007

I want to check this as soon as I get home :)

Anyone notice yet the new easy way to upload and download saves for single games to the cloud?

XwzYoaj.png

yYLTREV.jpg

Mikey Jr.

Quote.

Wait, this is EU only?

Getting a log in erorr trying to get into my eu account, but ill confirm if it works or else pass it back to u

Please don't kick me from the line just yet audi boxer :p
Please can i have the code if it doesn't work for you? I'm eu, i know i'm junior but i've been a member years, i just don't post much lol

sja_626

Not sure if mentioned but there's a nice new Upload/Download Save Data interface available now when you press Options on a game. Fully automatic cloud saves would still be preferred but this is a welcome QoL improvement for me as someone with multiple PS4s in my home.

Would love to try out
thank you

Tratorn

Would like to get in as well.

Bustanen

Can I get one? Thanks!

Ogawa-san

All done!

I've deleted the user afterwards and, on my main account, went to see what'd happen if I tried to check for a new FW. It'll say there's an update... to 4.07.

Audioboxer

Np, thanks for tge respibse. Hooefully i get in on the burner lol

Everyone and anyone will, it's just a bit of a slow process as each user has to fully finish the download before the next can come in.

PSA: PS4 Remote Play doesn't work on the 4.50 beta. Remote Play Client on Mac says it needs to be updated upon restarting app, but there's no update so it just loops. Arghh.

RP is always nuked every beta FW.

thatJohann

PSA: PS4 Remote Play doesn't work on the 4.50 beta. Remote Play Client on Mac says it needs to be updated upon restarting app, but there's no update so it just loops. Arghh.

ZeroCDR

Oh yes, add me please :)

Audioboxer

All done!

I've deleted the user afterwards and, on my main account, went to see what'd happen if I tried to check for a new FW. It'll say there's an update... to 4.07.

Ignore it, it's just the possibility for you to downgrade if you were having issues. Go into system -> system information and you'll see 4.50 beta 2.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Adding myself to the queue. Thanks!

sja_626

Just put the console into rest mode while playing a game on external and my drive isn't spinning down. Hopefully it will eventually :/

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

I'd like to get in as well.

Audioboxer

are there known issues if I downgrade from beta to 4.07? I need to use Remote Play this weekend. :/

Nah, all Sony betas IIRC have allowed you to revert back for compatibility reasons. You can go back up to the beta after the weekend.

how many people are there so far(just curious where i would be positioned within that)?

We're at post #978 so... a few lol. I will have to head of fairly soon but when I do I'll just ask whoever has finished with the account to pass it on to the next in line. Could do that already, but for now just watching over so nothing goes wrong with account (I've got master access to email to reset password and things if there are issues).

Hale-XF11

Would like to get in line for this, thanks.

Top Bottom