• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

Eiji

Okay people I'm downloading now on the burner account. A few minutes and I'll be installing. Start quoting this post and I'll pass on the login details via PM first come first served (won't expire so don't worry).

DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD PLEASE.

Me please.

Thanks.

Audioboxer

Just so I can get ready.

What am I supposed to do exactly?

Just be able to go on your PS4 (will work on normal PS4 or Pro so don't worry if you don't have Pro). All you're doing is adding a new user and signing in with the email address and password of the burner account. Then going to settings, fw update and going to the beta fw. Once installed you can delete the account.

And done. Thanks again for doing this Audioboxer!

NP, PM sent to LordPusha.

Nicodemic

I'd like to get in on the beta train please! I have a pro and i'm a big Destiny player. I have to see the magic boost to load times with my own eyes! :p

Mikey Jr.

Just be able to go on your PS4 (will work on normal PS4 or Pro so don't worry if you don't have Pro). All you're doing is adding a new user and signing in with the email address and password of the burner account. Then going to settings, fw update and going to the beta fw. Once installed you can delete the account.

NP, PM sent to LordPusha.

Ok cool thanks.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Okay people I'm downloading now on the burner account. A few minutes and I'll be installing. Start quoting this post and I'll pass on the login details via PM first come first served (won't expire so don't worry).

can i get in on this too? if so hell yes

Ogawa-san

Ignore it, it's just the possibility for you to downgrade if you were having issues. Go into system -> system information and you'll see 4.50 beta 2.
Usually it'd show the newest beta version and the latest release if you wanted to roll back. But as an user without a beta key it seems to ignore it's running a beta FW and suggest an "update" to latest release.

Just saying that because there's a system option to background download and/or automatically update the FW in standby, so might be a good idea to disable both just in case it decides to "update" back to 4.07.

Waikis

Would love to get in on this as well.

Audioboxer

can i get in on this too? if so hell yes

Yup, but you might be waiting a short amount of time in the queue :p

Usually it'd show the newest beta version and the latest release if you wanted to roll back. But as an user without a beta key it seems to ignore it's running a beta FW and suggest an "update" to latest release.

Just saying that because there's a system option to background download and/or automatically update the FW, so might be a good idea to disable both just in case it decides to "update" back to 4.07.

Fair point, but I don't think it'll go down the way automatically.

MrJames

It'll update. Back when Sony first had betas there was a proxy trick you could use to get the beta installed. Updates then installed fine afterwards.

Imagine you sold your PS4 whilst on a beta FW and a new user bought it and you got stuck in limbo :p

PM'ing WonkyPanda

NP!

Can I get in on this please? I want to see how 3D looks.

jeffram

So Problem solving time GAF:

Problem: Implement new set up: 500GB Internal SSD + 4TB USB 3 External Drive with without having to re-download any data

Current Set up: PS4 Pro with 2TB SSHD, filled with 1.5TB of game data

Equipment on hand: 500GB SSD, 4TB USB Drive, 8GB USB Thumb Drive

Go!

So Problem solving time GAF:

Problem: Implement new set up: 500GB Internal SSD + 4TB USB 3 External Drive with without having to re-download any data

Current Set up: PS4 Pro with 2TB SSHD, filled with 1.5TB of game data

Equipment on hand: 500GB SSD, 4TB USB Drive, 8GB USB Thumb Drive

Go!

If you have the beta just copy the games to the 4tb drive.

JPS Kai

Put me onboard the hype train.

Trace

Banned

I wouldn't mind getting in on that.

Audioboxer

Can I get in

Sure. Also, just noticed this 3 page thread

MY4Ojnt.gif

Pls don't tell anyone about our queue in here! But yeah, Sony, pls, sent out more codes next time!

wowzors

Really? Daaaamn. Sony....

Seems you are going to need to fully download before someone else can come in. Might have to change this so each GAF member can forward on the details once they're done. Post when you're finished WP and then Primethius can go, then back to Ogawa-san.

Can I get back on the list. Home now

X-Frame

Thank you for this! I'd like to add my name to the list of people waiting, even if it takes a few hours from now if you're still willing.

Yopis

Love to get in on this.

Sirolf

Once 2blackcats is done you can go on before On Demand seeing as you did ask early.

Sure, it'll either be me or we'll be working a GAF conga line where each person just passes on when done.

Audioboxer could i have a spot in the waiting line ? :)

Audioboxer

Boom. Done, thanks again.

Np, PMing wowzors

How many are in the queue?

At this point I don't even know, pray4me. Heh, a few, we're at post #988. Slow going because a user has to stay logged in till download is done, but if everyone is patient you'll get in eventually. Which is better than not getting in at all or having to wait till Sony send out wave 2 in a week or so.

Edit. Nvm.

I game share and I can use the cloud storage, is that new? Thought you couldn't before but I only just started game sharing.

On Demand

Banned
Audioboxer, you can still send me the PM if you want but you can skip to the next person since I won't be downloading it right now.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Np, PMing wowzors

At this point I don't even know, pray4me. Heh, a few, we're at post #988. Slow going because a user has to stay logged in till download is done, but if everyone is patient you'll get in eventually. Which is better than not getting in at all or having to wait till Sony send out wave 2 in a week or so.

I can go through and see how many people we got in queue and add them to a list maybe? we gotta give you some help bruh haha

Top Bottom