• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psyonix evaluating whether or not to bring Rocket League to Switch

correojon

I´ve been interested in this game for a while, but more and more I´ve stopped playing on PC so I never bought it in the end. Now, a Switch version would be something I´d get without a second thought, everyone says it´s a really funny game.

I posted a few ideas for stages on r/RocketLeague...hopefully Psyonix will consider Nintendo themed stages!

Y1T5vJ1.jpg

6yzglIm.jpg

6TYqL11.jpg

foltzie1

So very late to this thread, but how hard would a port be since Unreal Engine 3 doesn't directly support the Switch?

Either EPIC would have to agree to making Switch a compile target for UE3 or Psyonix would have to do the port work themselves.

They would actually have to put some work in to port it since UE3, which is probobly what their evaluating. Its not that impressive, graphically of a game, so it should run just fine, maybe tweaked down a bit, but its not like its The Last of Us 2 or something, its pretty nominal graphics wise.

The resurgence of lan style competition is what makes the Switch a great unit, there are tournaments for this game on the daily, having a team show up, throw down on their switches is such an easy solution. Definitely a pro controller game if your looking to be halfway serious tho.

Thoraxes

How so.

I own a switch and this doesn't interest me at all.

I don't see any pros the switch offers this game.

I'd much rather the new mk8 deluxe

Local co-op/versus without having to lug around my PC would be nice for starters. And everyone would get their own screen too.

It makes no sense to ask their existing community if they want this when the real goal is netting new fans. They would get tons of new fans with a Switch release.
I've already played 100 hours on Steam but I should not be the reason they port this to Switch.

PeterGAF

Banned
How so.

So since you would rather MK8 that means that Rocket League wouldn't be awesome on the Switch?

Wtf is up with people on GAF these days... "I don't want something therefore it shouldn't happen?" Jesus fucking Christ...

Tamanator

Would definitely play Rocket League on the Switch. I've enjoyed the little I've played on PC and I think the Switch audience will lap it up. It'd be such a great game to be able to play local multiplayer with multiple switches.

qko

How so.

I'm not a fan of the game, but I can see a lot of pros of being of the Switch to those who like it (like local LAN, having your own screen, portability). Just because you have no interest doesn't mean the Switch's library wouldn't benefit from having such a popular game.

I mean, it would be a Minecraft situation when it finally came to Nintendo consoles after its peak, but regardless, if Psyonix is looking into it, I hope they feel the Switch is worth their time.

weekev

Banned
How so.

Having played both for over 100 hours I'd rather have Rocket League. According to your reasoning Ninty should cancel MK8 deluxe. Although in my case I love them both. I just love Rocket League that little bit more.

Hazelhurst

I´ve been interested in this game for a while, but more and more I´ve stopped playing on PC so I never bought it in the end. Now, a Switch version would be something I´d get without a second thought, everyone says it´s a really funny game.

I've been playing it practically every day for over a year. The game just feels great and it's nice how quickly you can get into a match and they don't last too long. Very addictive. You'll find yourself saying "just one more...".

Currently have it on PS4, but I'd definitely buy it in on the Switch as well.

royox

LU41l7A.jpg

Yeah that on the go would be a no brainer for me

I have a question. A legit question.

Isn't this game 100% online? How can you play such kind of game "on the go"?

Note one thing: not every country has the same Internet infrastructures. Where I live (spain a.k.a european 3rd world) it's unthinkable for example.

Note one thing: not every country has the same Internet infrastructures. Where I live (spain a.k.a european 3rd world) it's unthinkable for example.

Can only speak for North America, but many of us have the ability to tether WiFi devices to our smartphones. I assume that's an option in many parts of the world.

Game is woeful if network isnt 100%, will be driving in a straight line and will randomly jerk your car around for no reason. Rocket league is optimised for less then 50 ping, above that and lag impacts pretty big

Xenoblade

I doubt it'll happen. Psionix has made too much money already. There's no more motivation to release the game on other platforms.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I doubt it'll happen. Psionix has made too much money already. There's no more motivation to release the game on other platforms.

Minecraft on Switch cancelled.
MS already made too much money on it.

Okay on a more serious note - i get your argument but Rocket League is hot right now, who knows when and if they will have another title as big...if they are smart they put it on every successful system that can run it. Have they made alot of money ? Yes...so much that they disregard the possible income on a successful Nintendo console ? I dont think so.

4G mobile hotspots or tethering it to smartphones. I live in the Azores in Portugal, that's even more European 3rd World than Spain, and I can easily get connections up to 20mb down/ 9mb up with pings around 30 ms.

Haunted

There's offline play in all the game modes with bots.

Rocket League also has local multi splitscreen, though that probably wouldn't work on the tiny tablet.

DavidDesu

DO IT!

If a game like MK8 can run at 60fps then Rocket League can surely be optimised for the system.

All I know is that I would buy it day one and play on my Switch as well as my PS4.

Top Bottom