• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris coming to Americas and Europe

Gitaroo

Just to confirm I poped in my JP ps4 version and compare it to the JP switch demo. The Switch version have lower res sprites in comparison; you can see some artifacts on diagonal edges that are not found in the ps4 version. Guessing they use the same sprites for 720p mode even when docked and output at 1080p. Disappointed but not unexpected, now I am worry that other dev will do the same for all the 2D games like wonderboy.

Leatherface

I just preordered the Switch version on Amazon for $31.99 which comes with the bonus keychains. There is a discount on with Amazon Prime it seems. That puts it right in line right with the PS4 version but with a neato bonus! :D

jacobeid

Banned
I just preordered the Switch version on Amazon for $31.99 which comes with the bonus keychains. There is a discount on with Amazon Prime it seems. That puts it right in line right with the PS4 version but with a neato bonus! :D

It's 20% off of newly released titles from Amazon Prime. As such, a physical copy of the PS4 version is only $23.99.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I preordered on Amazon.it few weeks ago
With the Prime discount the Switch version costed 27 €
Probably a price mistake?
:)

YPAJKfG.jpg

The Switch tax is real...

Peltz

Just to confirm I poped in my JP ps4 version and compare it to the JP switch demo. The Switch version have lower res sprites in comparison; you can see some artifacts on diagonal edges that are not found in the ps4 version. Guessing they use the same sprites for 720p mode even when docked and output at 1080p. Disappointed but not unexpected, now I am worry that other dev will do the same for all the 2D games like wonderboy.

That's disappointing.

£35 for Tetris? Ouch. I guess I'll wait for one of the Nintendo e-shop's notoriously frequent and deep sale promotions before purchasing.

£35 for Tetris? Ouch. I guess I'll wait for one of the Nintendo e-shop's notoriously frequent and deep sale promotions before purchasing.
You're 👏 Ignoring 👏 75% 👏 Of 👏 The 👏 Game 👏 By 👏 Treating 👏 It 👏 As 👏 Just 👏 Tetris

You're 👏 Ignoring 👏 75% 👏 Of 👏 The 👏 Game 👏 By 👏 Treating 👏 It 👏 As 👏 Just 👏 Tetris

Haven't played any other mode than Tetris, but I understand it's better value than just that,

Just wanted to make a snarky comment about Nintendo's lack of e-store promotions really :)

EDarkness

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm buying this game specifically to play Tetris. Don't care too much about Puyo Puyo (though, I may give it a shot, but I hate the dueling part). Bring on the Tetris!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm buying this game specifically to play Tetris. Don't care too much about Puyo Puyo (though, I may give it a shot, but I hate the dueling part). Bring on the Tetris!

Going for Tetris, but puyo puyo has completely won over my wife and she's better at it than me lol. I'm digging it still. Playing the Japanese demo btw

Jazzem

Huh, that is disappointing, not a dealbreaker as I'll likely be mostly playing in handheld mode but that is a bummer.

That's got me worried about Wonderboy as well now!

iphys

I've honestly never worried about the resolution in a Tetris game. If anything trying to improve the graphics has only made the game worse when they try to put fancy distracting backgrounds and animations into it.

Being a big fan of both Tetris and Puyo Puyo, I think the price is pretty fair considering the amount of playtime I'll end up with. Besides, I haven't had a good game of Puyo since Fever on the GameCube!

Skeletos311

I've been playing a lot of demo lately, since I'm done with Zelda and Shovel Knight. I've been using the Tetris golem guy. I'm not very good at Puyo, but I can play Tetris. I've been using the Pro Controller. I have had accidental hard drops with the d-pad, but only a few times. The Joycons in the grip works pretty well for this too. I think playing with the d-pad buttons in handheld mode is pretty uncomfortable and cramps up my hand.

Huh, the Kirby thing was up already in the eShop for 3ds but not this demo... I have the Japanese one but I would like to understand it :)

Dinjoralo

I'd imagine it'll be when the next hour ticks over.

Me, I went ahead and deleted the JP account and did all the stuff for getting rid of the japanese news a while ago. Now I want to sample the english voices...

I'd imagine it'll be when the next hour ticks over.

Me, I went ahead and deleted the JP account and did all the stuff for getting rid of the japanese news a while ago. Now I want to sample the english voices...

What stuff did you have to do to remove the Japanese news?

Dinjoralo

What stuff did you have to do to remove the Japanese news?

You have to to a bit of a system wipe. Remove the japanese profile, turn the system commpletely off, and power it on while holding both volume buttons to bring up maintenance mode. When you're there, select "Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data". You'll lose all your games and updates, but your profile, saves, and all that won't be deleted. It won't take long to get everything back to where it was.

lol they limited the english demo to only one round before booting you to the menu. Can't even change the setting.

Haven't played any other mode than Tetris, but I understand it's better value than just that,

Just wanted to make a snarky comment about Nintendo's lack of e-store promotions really :)

Publishers can (and do) have sales whenever they want. Not everything is Nintendo's fault!

Negator

Guys I just had a switch moment where some co-workers played the demo with the Joycons. I thought this only existed in hipster rooftop parties.

japtor

Guys I just had a switch moment where some co-workers played the demo with the Joycons. I thought this only existed in hipster rooftop parties.
I played it on a road trip with two others in the back seat of a SUV. I play pick up basketball weekly so there's a chance of recreating that moment one day too, maybe when NBA Playgrounds comes out.

I don't have a Switch (and I already have the game on PS3), but Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of those games I'd willingly buy for every single system I own. It's stupid how good it is.

Jazzem

That's not a thing at all on the Switch unfortunately.

Thinking about it, if there is a Switch game that could've probably supported single cart multiplayer I'd have thought it'd be this :/

I suppose table top mode mitigates that somewhat, but still...

Top Bottom