• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris coming to Americas and Europe

random25

It depends on how often you plan on buying games on the eshop but personally I think the Switch is the perfect eshop machine and has and will have so many good downloadable games that you should go physical when you can to save space.

I usually​ don't go digital unless there's a big discount (physical here does not drop prices). I just like collecting physical stuff.

But I'm leaning to go digital for this one. I'm gonna see how things go.

Edit: No dual audio!? The voices are freaking perfect already SEGA! Gimme my Japanese dubs pls!

bradigor

It's a shame no one plays this on Vita, it is my most played game on the system, so glad I got it on import.

Will be getting it on PS4, so hoping the community stays active for a long time. Also, looking forward to understanding the menus properly.

Are you doing the Transition yet?

It's actually slightly more important to know how to play Tetris rather than Puyo to beat the Story mode. If you play slower than the computer in Tetris, you'll be playing forever; whereas in Puyo matches, you can rely on the Margin Time mechanic to boost your damage if you stall things out long enough.

tl;dr you'll be fine. Especially since there's a lesson mode that will show you enough of the basics to make you a decent chainer.

Hopefully not just the gameboy? If you can't do T-Spins, combos, and perfect clears, you will get destroyed mercilessly on ranked lol :( it's a battlefield.

There's leaderboards for the Worldwide Puzzle League (ranked PVP). There aren't leaderboards for stuff like Sprint times or Marathon high scores though...

You can't change the DAS settings in Puyo Puyo Tetris. You can't change the Auto Repeat Rate (ARR) for that matter either. There are some Tetris players who didn't like this, but the default speed settings are already kind of fast so I think people just adapted.

Puyo Puyo Tetris doesn't have IRS (Initial Rotation System) or IHS (Initial Hold System) either if anyone else is wondering about the technical details.

I've played here and there on ps4, but I've still got it. Can't wait for ranked to see where I really stand though. Love Tetris. Would go to bed and see pieces falling all over when I closed my eyes lol.

This has probably been answered earlier in this thread, but in the full game is there a way to just play single player Tetris? I know you can do that in two player so I assume there is but I wanted to check to be sure.
You will be forced to play both styles and every game mode in Story mode.

If you're asking if there's an endless mode like the classic Tetris games, yes

antibolo

Banned
This has probably been answered earlier in this thread, but in the full game is there a way to just play single player Tetris? I know you can do that in two player so I assume there is but I wanted to check to be sure.

I imported both the PS4 and Vita versions of the game, and 95% of the time I spent on both of them was the standard Tetris Marathon mode.

japtor

I have a left joycon that has never exhibited any connection issues, I can put it behind my back, go halfway across the house, works fine. When I play puyo puyo using that joycon, sometimes it starts to feel laggy or like they're is a delay. It's random and happens once every few games, but has anyone else had that problem with the demo or game?

Trying to decide on whether or not I should call ninty.
It's the controller, or maybe some other interference causing it (which could affect any non faulty wireless device). Might as well call Nintendo and ask about it. If you see it in both joycons you might need to send the system in too according to someone in one of the joycon fix threads.

Mine have been generally fine but I've noticed issues now and then in both Zelda and PPT.
A Tetris perfect clear sends 10 lines to Tetris and 4 rows of garbage to Puyo.
Damn I gotta work on perfect clears then, I've just been building up to back to backs even when I could have a clear in place. Is there a list of the bonus stuff like that, like I assume t-spin clears do something too, anything for non Tetris perfect clears?

iphys

It depends on how often you plan on buying games on the eshop but personally I think the Switch is the perfect eshop machine and has and will have so many good downloadable games that you should go physical when you can to save space.

This game is only about a gig though. Better to go physical on those 32GB games and digital on these smaller ones so you can have more games on your system and minimize the number of carts you have to worry about.

Marvie_3

Banned
My gf has been playing the hell out of the JP Puyo Puyo demo. The NA version comes out the week after her birthday so she's going to get extra presents a few days late.

muteki

What's the closest mode this game has to single player, high score, gameboy-style tetris? I see that there is a "marathon" mode, is this it?

Lots of single player vs. COM modes I see using either/or/both games.

What's the closest mode this game has to single player, high score, gameboy-style tetris? I see that there is a "marathon" mode, is this it?

Lots of single player vs. COM modes I see using either/or/both games.

I've been wondering this too. I've gotten used to the trash mechanic from the JP demo, but I'd like some regular Tetris as well.

Fireblend

Banned
Is there a breakdown anywhere of how damage is calculated for Tetris combos? Seems like a more straightforward deal on the Puyo side.

Ricky 7

Is this game 8 players? Been playing the multilayer in the demo but might buy the full game if it allows more than 4 players.

JnFnRu

So what are the game modes in the final version, anybody know?
Is there online vs others or just CPU like the demo?

antibolo

Banned
So I am wondering, will the Japanese release of the game get its English localization patched in, once it releases in the west?

Because so far, all Switch games have a single unified version that supports all languages. We still have no prior art of what happens when a game gets localized later. Is this something Nintendo will enforce, or will Sega just make it a separate game as we're used to see on all other consoles?

OmegaFax

So I am wondering, will the Japanese release of the game get its English localization patched in, once it releases in the west?

Because so far, all Switch games have a single unified version that supports all languages. We still have no prior art of what happens when a game gets localized later. Is this something Nintendo will enforce, or will Sega just make it a separate game as we're used to see on all other consoles?

I wondered about this, too. Whether games that add more supported languages are retroactively changed once they're readied and uploaded onto the eShop server. I don't think there's been a case yet.

S2

Apparently an English demo might be going up on the eShop soon? The eShop shows a demo, but you can't download it yet.

Australian eshop
https://twitter.com/StewReview/status/851432539478663168
C9DlXszUIAED8wr.jpg:small

EUR eshop
JPEG_20170410_164348.jpg

I don't have my Switch on me right now to check the demo news on the North American eShop.

Malyse

This isn't fucking Puyo Puyo Chronicles. I'll buy it if it increases the odds of a fucking Puyo Puyo Chronicles release.

Dinjoralo

Engilsh demo will be a great way of sampling the dub. Though I know Risukuma is far more lame, which is a massive black mark against it.

Top Bottom