• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

Yamato is great.

Maybe its better to roll 1-3 times each godfest than save for one.

Yea that's what I'll start doing from now on

Is gung ho trying to go away from dark devil monsters or row enhance dark monsters? I wouldn't go with awoken haku now that I have her. There still isn't enough good dark TPA monsters. And she doesn't really fit into a combo/healer team with her active.

malts

Coming back to PAD after well over a year away from the game. Godfest rolls: Verdandi, Liu Bei, Masamune, Hathor.

I had been running mono-blue with I&I as leaders, should I pivot to a Verdandi team with Liu Bei and Dino Rider? Seems other wood plus fire teams will be tough to come by. Or maybe an attacker team with Liu Bei as leader?

Quantum

- Intended to save my stones because I'd get trolled - got trolled instead.
- didn't feel like using stones to farm tamadra or level the mobs I have, I think I'm getting bored of the game and the insane amount of grinding needed for multiple teams.

all free stones, still avoiding IAP:

Storm dragon, Mistrain - dupe, useless, silver
Bastet - dupe, only remotely interested in using
Red Sky fruit, Strawberry Dragon - troll gold egg
Dragon rider - dupe level 4, useless for my current teams.
Wandering wizard, Wee Jas - dupe, level 5

- so 20% (1/5) of my rolls were even part of the players choice - which is utter shit.
- new attitude towards the game is burn my stamina as fast as possible trying 50 sta dungeons or something entertaining so I don't have to grind rank.
- no reason to save free stones, no reason to IAP

- wake me when PADus has anything remotely interesting going on.

Ducarmel

I have no patience

Kind of surprised i ran out of Rainbow keepers I guess its been a while since i ran Keeper. Wasted cash and stamina on that scam Evo Rush!! at least I got the rainbow keepers needed to evo and busty L Kali.

Sleeping Beauty (third one...)
Venus
Shiva
Persephone
Vampire (thought they removed these...)

All three gold eggs were ones I didn't have before. I have four stones left, debating whether or not to save them.

Evo Carnival PAL gave me trash, btw; one Blue Dragon Fruit, two Keepers I'll just feed away and some trash -lits I have too many of already.

razterik

I have no patience

Kind of surprised i ran out of Rainbow keepers I guess its been a while since i ran Keeper. Wasted cash and stamina on that scam Evo Rush!! at least I got the rainbow keepers needed to evo and busty L Kali.

Both Evo Rush dungeons aren't very good until 2x coin dungeons appears. Then they are one of the best places to pick up mats as long as you're grabbing many different ones.

UlYSEm1l.jpg
Done with War Dragons and Dragon Knights in coin dungeons. Ended with +5 stones and a couple rank ups. Worth clearing out if they never come back.

Didn't get any skill ups on Osiris, gave up on the dumb cat dungeon after no drops over eight runs. Can I have the mask skill up back, that was better than this.

Maxed Kamui for Andromeda, and Grape/Strawberry/Lemon fruit dragons. Melon is three short, but the hell do I need green rows for anyway. Didn't realize till I was farming that I never ended up with the blue one. Will sit on the evolved drops for a while.

Going to roll a few times and then be done with PAD for a while.

That was a waste of stones. Drall, dark Chester, dupe Uriel, Nim, dupe Light Tron, Chrono Turtle. Damn.

Quantum

Pls someone convince me to not buy stones for a Bastet or Andrimeda.

given the number of choices that are "3x" there is a 1/30 chance of getting bastet.

given that 1/5 of my rolls was featured in the 30

the chance of you even rolling the single thing you want is 1/150 - which is a made up number, because he chance of actually rolling what you want is much lower in this game due to desire sensors.

never roll hoping for just one featured god - it never happens - roll to gamble that perhaps you will get something interesting.

the sobering part of rolling is that if you do get an exclusive or mob that you want you then have to grind a team, grind to hypermax only to have the metagame change and have you wishing for something completely different.

there is no reason to buy stones to roll in the rem - would be smarter to buy stones to try to hypermax your best team before the metagame changes and you start working towards a different team.

That being said - I rolled a bastet with my stones - its all just money used for gambling feeding on the same desire that vegas uses.

Negator

Would everyone mind adding me? I would really appreciate the help of some veteran players to get through these tougher dungeons.

337 363 385

Quantum

its amazing how many people are still using my blonia - I get about 30 hits more when she is up.

sure - I'll add you, but its better to add people that use similar leads (or ones u use) I'm "island" in the game

I have up (in frequancy) urd, blonia, lu bu, lmeta, rodin, grodin

feel free to delete me if you don't use them (I clean out users once a week and delete for >=2 days inactivity)

So Awoken Anubis's active skill is such a slap in the face. Not only is it effectively the same skill, but because it is technically different, all skill ups are lost! Why would they not at least give a small movement time boost in place of the counter?

given the number of choices that are "3x" there is a 1/30 chance of getting bastet.

given that 1/5 of my rolls was featured in the 30

the chance of you even rolling the single thing you want is 1/150 - which is a made up number, because he chance of actually rolling what you want is much lower in this game due to desire sensors.

never roll hoping for just one featured god - it never happens - roll to gamble that perhaps you will get something interesting.

the sobering part of rolling is that if you do get an exclusive or mob that you want you then have to grind a team, grind to hypermax only to have the metagame change and have you wishing for something completely different.

there is no reason to buy stones to roll in the rem - would be smarter to buy stones to try to hypermax your best team before the metagame changes and you start working towards a different team.

That being said - I rolled a bastet with my stones - its all just money used for gambling feeding on the same desire that vegas uses.

I'm never going to hypermax a team before the game changes lol. I'm into the gambling aspect of rolling the REM (though I've managed to avoid IAP expect for the Christmas REM), but I don't think I'd spend money to get stones for plus egg farming and crap.

On an unrelated note, are Karin/Skuld/Amberjack enough to carry a Lakshmi team? I lack an amazing fourth sub, but I do have ok-ish subs like Berry Dragon and Sun Quan. Both of which provide two rows and a slew of other awakenings. Sun Quan also provides a (probably useless for the team) delay, while Berry Dragon turns fire to heart.

smbu2000

So Awoken Anubis's active skill is such a slap in the face. Not only is it effectively the same skill, but because it is technically different, all skill ups are lost! Why would they not at least give a small movement time boost in place of the counter?
Well at least when they do change the skill like that, it usually doesn't take as much to max level the new skill. My D/L Anubis is currently at level 7 (max 11), but I'm still going to change him over to the Awoken version as he makes a much better sub now with all of the extra awakenings. Hopefully his new skill should only need to get up to level 4 or 5 instead of the standard 6. My Ceres and Neptune both max out at level 3.(2 pys each) Ra and Horus are both max at level 5.(4 pys each)

Once I max my Vegeta #2 (I need 1 more badpy for him) then I will probably start giving them to Anubis. He'll be very useful as a sub on my LKali team, since he can get rid of wood orbs (like Kotaro) except when I am short on Dark orbs. I hope they make his max CD faster than 8 turns.

Awoken Haku is not worth it for me, I need the devil type and dark rows. I don't have a dupe Haku.

I'm looking forward to another D/W Batman ultimate.
I'm leaving my Hakus (1 on each of my accounts) as-is as well. I don't want to lose one of my best subs for my Devil/Ronia teams. She's great as a God/Devil right now. That's probably the only new uevo that I'm not going to try for.

Pls someone convince me to not buy stones for a Bastet or Andrimeda.
You usually get what you don't want. I've been hoping to get DKali, but she never comes. I didn't want another Bastet and yeah I just got another one. I haven't wanted Andromeda for awhile and I have 3 of them.

I'm trying to get into this game after Record Keeper pulled me back in to the world of iOS games. I just got Goddess of Secrets, Kali with my third stone pull, but apparently can't even use her on my team because of how much she costs.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

zoku88

Did 5 rolls:

Red Valk -- kind of needed this
Mystic Light Knight
Grape Dragon
Fairlion
Dark Kali

So, only got 1 God, but at least it was a useful one....

PAD is a cruel Mistress.

I rolled two L kali, Ra, Sun Quan, two L Meta etc etc etc...trying to get a hanzo/Pandora for my Dmeta. I even had 40 saved Hamehime to skill him up. Never got him.

Fast forward to now when I'm all about my combo teams, deleted all my dmeta freinds, fed all my hamihims for space. and desperately want a d kali....

Hanzo.....

also the silver troll egg doesn't seem very silver?

Skill Up, Row enhance, tpa. Turns heart orbs into poison and is attacker type. Like they want me to play Dmeta huh?

Dmeta, haku, Haku, Hanzo, Sam Dragon, Dmeta
Congrats! ;)

I'm trying to get into this game after Record Keeper pulled me back in to the world of iOS games. I just got Goddess of Secrets, Kali with my third stone pull, but apparently can't even use her on my team because of how much she costs.

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Puzzle hard and win with the best monster in the game

Try buddying up with some Isis players to help you learn the ropes.

So what is the deal with 6*? Are they just a reskinned special edition only for godfest?
Which 6*?

Coming back to PAD after well over a year away from the game. Godfest rolls: Verdandi, Liu Bei, Masamune, Hathor.

I had been running mono-blue with I&I as leaders, should I pivot to a Verdandi team with Liu Bei and Dino Rider? Seems other wood plus fire teams will be tough to come by. Or maybe an attacker team with Liu Bei as leader?
Verdandi and Liu Bei are the new husbando and waifu team in PAD. The new Cu Chulainn uvo is also a good fit for the team

What's so special about D.Kali? Just rolled one but I haven't much into how she plays.

She isn't that good as a leader at all (see her leader skill not changing at all for uvo), but she is easily Top 5 subs in the game.

What's so special about D.Kali? Just rolled one but I haven't much into how she plays.

Many of the best leaders in the game require you to match certain colors. D.Kali guarantees an activation, as does L.Kali. Meanwhile D.Kali has fantastic awakenings and some decent stats. Outside of color match leads, D.Kali and L.Kali can clear a bad board and can be used in dungeons that like to throw jammers or poison orbs at you.

Well at least when they do change the skill like that, it usually doesn't take as much to max level the new skill.
This is a valid point for people who have putt no effort into skilling him up. Still, counter actives have no place in this game anymore, and leaving his active like that is just lazy. One second of movement time and green to dark on 8 turns fits with the pantheon and wouldn't be broken or anything.

yami4ct

As a leader, D. Kali isn't great. L.Kali has a lighter activation ratio and can make a far better team. As a dark sub? She's fantastic. Any multi-color team that needs dark will make great use of her. She guarantees a solvable board with all colors+hearts. U&Y, Ra, Durga, Etc. all make great use of her. She also has fantastic awakenings that cover much of what you'd want from here.

For an example of how she plays, look at an ideal Awoken Ra team (Ra/L.Kali/L.Kali/D.Kali/(Water/Green sub)/Ra). D.Kali in that case gives you a guaranteed Ra leader skill activation. With the L. Kali's you get a guaranteed minimum of 3 times you can activate Awoken Ra's 100x Leader Skill. She's also fully bind resistant, gives you a full extra second of orb movement, and 2 skill boost awakenings. Her Ultimate will giver her a skill bind resist as well, an awakening that's a premium for most teams but even more important for the Awoken Egyptian's series with their reliance on skill activation for their full combo multiplier.

seady

What up with Leilan awoken? The art is so simple compare to others. Where are the special effects surrounding her? :-(

bVWU5WF.jpg

smbu2000

This is a valid point for people who have putt no effort into skilling him up. Still, counter actives have no place in this game anymore, and leaving his active like that is just lazy. One second of movement time and green to dark on 8 turns fits with the pantheon and wouldn't be broken or anything.
They have no place in the game? Actually, they do have specific use cases which can be helpful.

For example, on Zeus and Hera, the Water character (Pianys?) has a 1 turn counter attack in addition to reducing everyone elses turn by 1. Zeus and Hera have perseverance on so you can't one shot them, but...

Azusa

24 rerolls on JP account and nothing useful so far :(
The only possible leader was Verdandi. I have saved her account but I don't know about it. Its seems hard to gather required green subs for her. I'll continue rerolling hoping for Bastet.

Trying to organize Twitter campaigns right now for 1) adding hearts to Isis's LSkill condition and 2) buffing Boisterous Dance. If you want to join in complain at @DaikeYamamoto and/or @pad_sexy about them pls

tr4656

Caved in and bought some stones. Got Shiva and Izanagi but still meh.

On another note, Zaerog Infinity is doable with LKali, A.Bastet, and Kirin (depends on +).

Got enough for a final pull.

Liu Bei.

I'm not sure how'd I use him, but I know he's good.

His Red/Green ultimate is a premier green sub for practically any green team. He has a row (meh), but most importantly a decent active skill and THREE two prongs. Which allows him to output some insane damage. So sticking him on any green team basically is how you use him.

First roll, Dragon Shogun.

Bought 6 stones and did two pulls:

Izanagi (dupe, but max level and +1)
Angelious

No more iap for me. Dragon Shogun will be good for my dragon team but I can't afford him atm.

razterik

The counter was his original active skill, it probably won't be removed. See Bastet and her useless mass attack. The Awokens keep some variation on the original skills. And I doubt they are going to remove the orb change because it's essential to most Anubis players. Not sure what they can change here without adding a third effect.

What up with Leilan awoken? The art is so simple compare to others. Where are the special effects surrounding her? :-(

Who needs special effects when you have sexy effects! Her old ones were too busy, this is nice and clean.

Trying to organize Twitter campaigns right now for 1) adding hearts to Isis's LSkill condition and 2) buffing Boisterous Dance. If you want to join in complain at @DaikeYamamoto and/or @pad_sexy about them pls

Does Isis need hearts? She played fine before them. It's likely going to be a team of Seiryuus or Awoken Karins+Blodin anyway.

I can wait for Awoken Sakuya for a Boisterous Dance buff. Do it now and Hathor needs a buff as well.

yami4ct

His Red/Green ultimate is a premier green sub for practically any green team. He has a row (meh), but most importantly a decent active skill and THREE two prongs. Which allows him to output some insane damage. So sticking him on any green team basically is how you use him.

Yeah. I figured that out pretty quick looking at his evos online. He's pretty nuts. Too bad he's dragon/attacker. If he was god in either of those, he'd been even more useful to me.

I'm actually pretty weak on green, so I'm not sure how I'll use him yet. I could probably make a decent green Awoken Bastet team when she hits with Bastet/Liu Bei/Kushinada/(Something)/(Something)/Bastet. We'll see, my Awoken Ra team is way more complete, so I'll just keep LB in my back pocket in case I pull a verdandi/GZL/Etc.

The counter was his original active skill, it probably won't be removed. See Bastet and her useless mass attack. The Awokens keep some variation on the original skills. And I doubt they are going to remove the orb change because it's essential to most Anubis players. Not sure what they can change here without adding a third effect.

Who needs special effects when you have sexy effects! Her old ones were too busy, this is nice and clean.

I can wait for Awoken Sakuya for a Boisterous Dance buff. Do it now and Hathor needs a buff as well.

Bastet's Mass Attack is a really great utility active. I use it all the time for farming teams, particularly in Twinlit. Sure, it's not great for Descend squads most of the time, but I really like it.

And I totally agree about the simpler Leilan art. While I dig really flashy art like the Kalis, it doesn't need to be the rule for all ults. Leilan's base design is great enough to stand on its own.

And I cannot wait for Awoken Sakuya in general. She so needs it. Sure, even her awoken probably won't live up to my Awoken Ra team, but I feel so bad about her getting left behind like she is.

They have no place in the game? Actually, they do have specific use cases which can be helpful.

For example, on Zeus and Hera, the Water character (Pianys?) has a 1 turn counter attack in addition to reducing everyone elses turn by 1. Zeus and Hera have perseverance on so you can't one shot them, but...
Fair point. But this is a very niche use, and it doesn't do much to redeem the mechanic for me.

To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of Bastet's mass attack mechanic either. But in her case, I see the two second orb movement as a good enough effect for the 5 turn CD combined with the effective 2.25 damage boost that comes with it.

I guess the active isn't my only issue with him though. Making him harder to use but with more damage potential wasn't exactly what I was hoping for in his leader skill either. Overall the uvo feels kind of lazy to me.

The list of characters in Pad is getting too long for me, can someone recommend me a site where I can see "recommended" team for character?
Trying to decide which ones are worth raising, or put my +eggs on.

Also, what's the deal with L.metatron? I see so many teams have her as a sub, but never seen characters like Amaterasu, aren't they somewhat similar?

yami4ct

The list of characters in Pad is getting too long for me, can someone recommend me a site where I can see "recommended" team for character?

Also, what's the deal with L.metatron? I see so many teams have her as a sub, but never seen characters like Amaterasu, aren't they somewhat similar?

L. Meta is used for a couple reasons. First Light/Water fills a roll in most teams better than Light/Fire (Or Light/Light). She also has two skill boosts, which is a hair bit more useful, and more Recovery. The most important reason is she has a really quick bind remove skill. She can take two turns off a bind every 6 turns (max skilled) versus Ama's 10 turn full bind clear. Ama is also much harder to even get max skilled, so she'll usually be closer to her 20 turn min.

Ama is a perfectly good utility sub, but L. Meta is a bit more versatile overall.

Which monsters are you planning on using as a leader? That can help with sub suggestions.

jiggle

Bonus roll, another mystic knight, the fuck!?!

Saved a noir(and badpy) just for an occasion like this
Dkali instantly ready for action
So happy I will finally have a 100% skill bind resist team once awoken Ganesha/d.Kali arrives in NA(in 2017)
XJSZrnk.jpg

For the last spot, im thinking
ganesha for skill bind resist and TPA
Chibi l.meta for unbinding
A second Sun Quan or is that overkill??
Awoken Venus for her awakens? No idea why she's good tbh. Plus she's practically hagsville next to the kalis
Regular ult evo Venus or yomi?

Man my combo skill need to improve. I should be able to sweep satan with my L Kali team but i keep dropping combos.

Bonus roll, another mystic knight, the fuck!?!

Saved a noir(and badpy) just for an occasion like this
Dkali instantly ready for action
So happy I will finally have a 100% skill bind resist team once awoken Ganesha/d.Kali arrives in NA(in 2017)
XJSZrnk.jpg

For the last spot, im thinking
ganesha for skill bind resist and TPA
Chibi l.meta for unbinding
A second Sun Quan or is that overkill??
Awoken Venus for her awakens? No idea why she's good tbh. Plus she's practically hagsville next to the kalis
Regular ult evo Venus or yomi?

Envious dude...I really wanted D Kali but she was a no go. My team for now is..
L kali, L kali, Sun Quan, L Meta, D Meta

Quantum

bonus roll - because why not?

verdandi #2

At least I still have like 20 green fruit lol.

have the makings for a great verdandi team, but will not likely work towards it, too much exp needed to skill and level another full team.

leveling and egging mobs is too time consuming to run more than three teams.

- you would think the meta would move towards leveling faster if you have been playing for over 800 days.

- every mmorpg I've played makes shortcuts for someone who has leveled a primary character to enable leveling a secondary character faster.

- more of a suggestion, but really don't see the reason to spend real money leveling what would be I think my 8th or 9th solid team.

- you would think the meta would move towards leveling faster if you have been playing for over 800 days.

- every mmorpg I've played makes shortcuts for someone who has leveled a primary character to enable leveling a secondary character faster.
They do, it's the Challenge 10 dungeons.

Top Bottom