• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Lyrian

0/20 of anything remotely meaningful from the PAL machine today....
0/11 on Saravasti skillups....

Going to be great day in PAD today..... meh.

30 PEM pulls:

1 green jewel
1 red jewel
3 green fruit
2 blue ancient masks
1 devillit
1 keeper of gold

Not a single dub topalit from the PEM or the dungeon after 2 runs. I have 11 baby tamadras that are hungry!

J0dy77

Went 2/5 feeding Sarasvati Water insects this morning. Hoping to max skill her by the time he leaves over the weekend.

Why isn't Sarasvati used more? Seems like she's could be really strong with the constant water drops between dual leads.

I was thinking about an ideal a.luci team for arena and I saw that there was a team with a. Luci, yomidra, akechi, okuni, Haku.

Akechi is there to fix the board for Haku.

I don't have akechi but I do have zuoh and for burst I could use b.dora for that 2/3 dark and fire conversion.

Thoughts on that?
I'm not super familiar with the dungeon, but I could see the lack of healing from the combo being an issue. Plus the lack of Akechi's orb enhance will hurt the damage alot. Not sure you'll be able to knock DKali out of the danger zone without it.

hermit7

Went 2/5 feeding Sarasvati Water insects this morning. Hoping to max skill her by the time he leaves over the weekend.

Why isn't Sarasvati used more? Seems like she's could be really strong with the constant water drops between dual leads.

Low hp I think is one of the main weaknesses.

Also the lack of sbr means that you need at least one sub with two (andromeda or i&i).

Finally most water subs are row based and there is a lack of tpa subs that fulfill the previous requirements.

Best team you can run is probably sara/andromeda/uy/karin/Gabe/Sara. The requirement for 5 sbr from the subs makes it difficult, and three water combos makes tpa easier for max damage.

J0dy77

Also the lack of sbr means that you need at least one sub with two (andromeda or i&i).

Finally most water subs are row based and there is a lack of tpa subs that fulfill the previous requirements.

Best team you can run is probably sara/andromeda/uy/karin/Gabe/Sara. The requirement for 5 sbr from the subs makes it difficult, and three water combos makes tpa easier for max damage.

Good points. Her awakenings are just terrible overall, 2 skill CD and a finger do nothing for the team. How she only gets 4 is beyond me. Hopefully they'll bump the Indian 2 series when they get their awoken forms.

I'll play around with her just for fun. The team I was theory crafting was 2x Sarasvati, I&I, Gabriel, Blue Valk, and either U&Y/Karin/Sun Quan. Dont have Andromeda unfortunately. Really want her for I&I and Lakshmi as well.

hermit7

Tried goemon rush today and was actually able to beat it.

Thor/a.ammy/apollo/dqxq/raph/Saria.

Use skills and stall early on each floor. Burst when you have your skills up to kill.

Had Elia invade on hino but I had ammy for bind clear to burst afterwards. Dq would have been great for the orb change. Raph for damage reduction (used one time on kaguya when I had no hearts) also used when I knocked yamato beneath 50 percent and he bound me (used ammy for that) with Apollo for final burst.

Popped dq on Elia to burst her along with thor to kill.

Tried goemon rush today and was actually able to beat it.

Thor/a.ammy/apollo/dqxq/raph/Saria.

Use skills and stall early on each floor. Burst when you have your skills up to kill.

Had Elia invade on hino but I had ammy for bind clear to burst afterwards. Dq would have been great for the orb change. Raph for damage reduction (used one time on kaguya when I had no hearts) also used when I knocked yamato beneath 50 percent and he bound me (used ammy for that) with Apollo for final burst.

Popped dq on Elia to burst her along with thor to kill.

Nice! My Saria team is still a work in progress. I really need to take it out more and practice. I kept hearing people beat rushes and C9s with her, which really makes me want to stick with her.

hermit7

Nice! My Saria team is still a work in progress. I really need to take it out more and practice. I kept hearing people beat rushes and C9s with her, which really makes me want to stick with her.

Rows are real strong. With that team I had 13, I can switch out ammy for another orb changer but planned on needing her for hino (under 50 percent). Also used her for goemon under 50 percent.

jay23

I would love to make a Thor/Saria team but the only sub's I have are Apollo and DQ. If I don't have Apocalypse or Raphael what other sub's can I use?

jay23

Thanks for the link

Finished dkali and my second lkali today. Got some what lucky, I stoned twice and used experience of a lifetime to finish them.

First lkali was hypermaxed last week

tNnmfWC.jpg

CYWOmCC.jpg

myQqZtc.jpg

Lyrian

Thanks for the link

Finished dkali and my second lkali today. Got some what lucky, I stoned twice and used experience of a lifetime to finish them.

First lkali was hypermaxed last week

After my disastrous skill-up morning, I had a similar experience as you tonight.

Had a crazy streak of angelits today (9 out of 10 runs) and then went 5/11 to hyper my LKali. I swear this game is going to cause me to become mentally insane, sooner or later.

Grats on finishing your two Kalis!

yami4ct

I got the dark invade dude to show up while farming Diza. Is he any good?

He has niche uses, especially since Dark Rows are coming back with A. Lucifer. His big problem is the same as his light counterpart Eila. He's an absolute monster to skill up. Ella is probably more worth that huge investment than him, but he can fit in some good squads.

jay23

After my disastrous skill-up morning, I had a similar experience as you tonight.

Had a crazy streak of angelits today (9 out of 10 runs) and then went 5/11 to hyper my LKali. I swear this game is going to cause me to become mentally insane, sooner or later.

Grats on finishing your two Kalis!

Thanks grats on finishing your kali as well. I think the skill up system drives everyone insane haha, it's the most frustrating thing about this game.

They've been good at making things easier for us so there's still hope. Bringing 3x skill up to NA asap would be a good start.

I just realized I'm not even finished with Friday mythical still have to finish satsuki, welp..

yami4ct

IMO Grisar's biggest issue is that he eats light orbs, which competes with Persephone and Pandora.

I can see that. You can run multiple orb changers that eat the same things and be successful though. I run both A. Hino and Cao Cao on my Shiva squad for instance. On a team like A. Luci, it's more important that you can generate dark orbs constantly, not that you can generate a whole bunch at once. Having multiple of the same type of orb change works fine for separate floors.

Managed to complete my first Legend Plus run today!

Completed Noah Descended (5x4) and was even lucky enough to get a water resist tamadra. Are these useful in late game? Should I continue to farm this dungeon for more of these tamadra?

It may be too early for me to consider it. My I&I hasn't been awoken yet.

razterik

Very few teams use more than one blue resist latent, and those are usually run in conjunction with the green Marionette MP card that switches enemy element to blue. That's an endgame strategy and not something you're likely to pursue at this point. Having a full set of every element resist on a single card can be useful for negating the occasional 100% gravity skill, though. So keep that one and move on.

NineH

If you're still looking for a third I have A. Shiva, Uevo Verdandi, and will have awoken Bastet Sunday.

Bladelaw - 359,468,351

Hey bladelaw, your friend list is full so we need you to open up a spot so we can complete our triangle with yami. Send me an invite 342 144 204 and the in game name is phone@pg

Lyrian

They've been good at making things easier for us so there's still hope. Bringing 3x skill up to NA asap would be a good start.

I just realized I'm not even finished with Friday mythical still have to finish satsuki, welp..

I'm personally skeptical on that. Yes, there is 2.5x and in JP 3x skillups, but that only really works well on the older monsters. The trend seems to be that for the newer monsters and their skill ups, there are fewer skill levels needed but the appearance rates of the skill up mobs are becoming increasingly worse. See the horrific appearance rates of Nyancats and Gears as good examples of this in action.

I can see these mobs eventually being added to the carnivals as time passes (some Nyancats will be on them next time they pass by), but looking forward, I expect newly released monsters to have very bad times being skilled up, at least for a few months until they fall out of the current meta.

-- On a side note, yesterday was the first day in nearly 550 days of my PAD account that I was able to consistently clear the Friday mythical. Who knew that XMas Echidna would provide the extra skill boost to have everyone ready for skills in time for each floor? It was a way overdue victory (and slightly embarrassing at my rank that I couldn't clear it well yet).

I have a Satsuki that needs skilling up as well. I don't feel so bad about farming for devilits versus the atrocity that was trying to farm thunder gears. At worst, angelits have some value and will rotate to something else, if not needed for someone's Uevo (Ex: see Zeus) as a component of the next Awoken card (Ex: see Loki).

linsivvi

I'm personally skeptical on that. Yes, there is 2.5x and in JP 3x skillups, but that only really works well on the older monsters. The trend seems to be that for the newer monsters and their skill ups, there are fewer skill levels needed but the appearance rates of the skill up mobs are becoming increasingly worse. See the horrific appearance rates of Nyancats and Gears as good examples of this in action.

The Gears aren't bad. In the worst case scenario they are one per 100 stamina if you only need 1 color in their respective biweekly dragon dungeon, much better if you need both colors or if you farm during 1.5x or 2x drops, and they don't need to be evolved.

Also don't forget stamina refresh rate will get another bump soon, so I don't think farming them is difficult at all.

linsivvi

Volsung is probably the easiest among the start at level 1 dungeons. After the Super Kings almost the entire team was at max level and the last 3 floors don't have delay protection.

Got evolved Hera-Is to drop too. Now I just need Ilsix and Zeus Mercury to evolve this dude.

hermit7

Volsung is probably the easiest among the start at level 1 dungeons. After the Super Kings almost the entire team was at max level and the last 3 floors don't have delay protection.

Got evolved Hera-Is to drop too. Now I just need Ilsix and Zeus Mercury to evolve this dude.

I only tried it a couple times, haven't really gotten a team down yet, but probably am going to run i&i /ryune

Burst on floors 9 and 10 and have Orochi to stall on the final floor.

linsivvi

I only tried it a couple times, haven't really gotten a team down yet, but probably am going to run i&i /ryune

Burst on floors 9 and 10 and have Orochi to stall on the final floor.

I use a triple delay Horus team so I can use a delay from floor 7-10. Pretty stable so far.

Will run it for the next day and see if I can get some skill ups.

Mixed2k

Can someone briefly explain to me how is the flow of the game early on?
I got this "Idunn&Idunna" starter but what about the rest?
I keep reading and reading but only find info on seemingly hard to obtain extra monsters, even shitty lil blue dragons and mermaids are rare to get. How do I even reach the mid-game?
The starter should allow me to push through it or do I level up this shitty water monsters like the ice golem and aqua fighter ?
When do I start getting into this "special" dungeons ? There is one right now called lightseeker that has a crappy chance of getting me a water monster, do I go for it or it's just a waste of stamina?

The match 3 gameplay in this game is pretty sweet but I'm completely overwhelmed by anything else.

EDIT: aw shit I posted on the older OT, I'm so dead,

theDonutking

Neo Member
I think it's because of the low HP of most of her viable subs. I run her all the time (Slot 1) in a hypermaxed team and the HP max is 22k. The best solution i can think of is elements resistance latents because HP latents would only add 1200 HP.

theDonutking

Neo Member
Agreed! Lack of SBR doesn't allow the use of her team in end game dungeons. Getting locked out is a death sentence!

squall23

7 rolls:

Rodin
Zuoh
Arcline
Alcyon

And finally Eschamali and her "enhancements". Eh? Eh? *wink wink nudge nudge*

I'll see myself out.

Top Bottom