• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

linsivvi

I hate to say this, but....

-2xstamina
-Super King Dragons are around almost 5 days a week
-Pengdras can be evolved without metal dragons
-King Carnival is always in the shop, and costs less than 2 runs of weekend dungeon
-Noel Dragons are worth 3 million xp, and you get 2 of those every off event challenge and 1 every event challenge
-5x Technical dungeon +egg rates
-Starlight Sanctuary
-Very soon, 3x normal +egg rates
-Going forward, Super King Dragons will only cost 45 stamina

To say that they haven't made leveling up easier is simply untrue. 2xstamina alone makes it twice easier.

Just what more do you want? If you're at 800 days and heavily IAP, you should have at least 200-250 stamina and means to level up a full team very quickly. Top tier teams don't even need all +297s to clear the top tier dungeons so that's a moot point.

yami4ct

I just realized the Lu Bu basically gives me the skeleton of a great devil farm team. I'm basically obligated to make it. Is Beelzebub preferred for a standard farm team because of his boosted HP? I guess both Him and Lu Bu use identical teams so you can switch whenever. So far I've definitely got

Beelzebub/Lu Bu/Persephone/Devil/Devil/Ronia Friend.

I'm not sure what the last two slots I should fill in. Quite a few options, but none seem that great. I've got Hadar, Loki, Hera-Ur, Drawn Joker, Vamp, Belial, Astaroth and Satan.

Tobe

Only 2 rolls first one was crap silver egg ifrit. Went yolo and rolled another time and fuck yes i got a pandora!!!!! This game inly wants me to play dark teams!!!! I got all the subs sans persephone.

Quantum

They do, it's the Challenge 10 dungeons.

not really.

if you say minimally you need 20 million xp per team (4mil mobs not counting 5 mil mobs or leveling initial forms) then factor in the needed skill ups and +eggs it is unclear how adding the challenge dungeons changes a players ability to try new end game teams.

new players look at the challenge dungeons and see the benefit to current teams they are running, but from a person who wants to run multiple teams it seems excessive to need to run coin dungeons (2-3k stamina per pii) and spend hours running 5x technicals to + a mob if you want to run more than one or two teams.

certainly I like the challenge dungeons, but given the minimal tamadra, pii and snow globe awards either free or from running challenges it is annoying to think that even if I roll everything I want from the REM, I still have months of hardcore play to put together a single hypermax team.

I understand it can be perceived as more of a rant then a concern, and I understand that most people will just quit when they see the exp/time reqs go logarithmic, but I'm definitely at a point of diminishing returns when I'd rather be looking forward to trying new team combinations.

To say that they haven't made leveling up easier is simply untrue. 2xstamina alone makes it twice easier.

I was not implying that they have not made it easier to level, but even with new leveling options they have made more awoken mobs with self skill only, also with the newer mobs you need to often level and evolve sub requirements that can take additional 1 million exp.

the requirements are increasing even with the better options to level.

this doesn't even take into consideration the need to level multiple subs for dungeon specific teams -

I understand its not a common argument, and for new players it is much easier than it used to be, but, it still sucks - and I don't want to wait months before I can get a new max skilled, max levels team up to run a dungeons I can already run with my team 1, 2 or 3.

Which monsters are you planning on using as a leader? That can help with sub suggestions.

I have Skuld, Andromeda, Bastet, Hatohoru, Ra, Pandora, L/D Metatron

I don't know what's my plans with these guys (I seem to be lacking many sub members like Sun Quan, U&Y, Verdandi, LuBu, etc to use the above guys as Leaders properly)

I'm probably pumping all my stuff to Ra and awoken ult evolve him first.

certainly I like the challenge dungeons, but given the minimal tamadra, pii and snow globe awards either free or from running challenges it is annoying to think that even if I roll everything I want from the REM, I still have months of hardcore play to put together a single hypermax team.
Making a hypermax team isn't supposed to be easy. If it were, players way more hardcore than yourself would've quit ages ago and Gungho would be a lot poorer than it is.

The good thing is you don't need to hypermax teams in order to clear 99% of the content in the game.

My Lakshmi team is going to have minimal +eggs and I'll still be excited to play it when it's in a usable form.

linsivvi

I understand its not a common argument, and for new players it is much easier than it used to be, but, it still sucks - and I don't want to wait months before I can get a new max skilled, max levels team up to run a dungeons I can already run with my team 1, 2 or 3.

You don't need a max skilled, hack not even max leveled team to run descends. To say that you can't run a dungeon because your team is not hypermaxed is ridiculous.

There are so many popular subs that are shared among different teams that it's rare anyone would need to level up 5 monsters from scratch.

If you have played 800 days and IAP a lot then most if not all of the farmable subs should already be at max level. All the REM rolls you got along the way should already be at max level. If they are not then it's not the problem of the game.

To illustrate, 7x24x12=2016 stamina. That is 40 runs of King Carnival. Even at the absolute worst case scenario of no super kings in those runs, no 1.5x or 2x xp when you feed (which is getting 2.5 boost during events btw), you get 40x300000=12 million xp.

So how would it take months to build a new team, even at the rare scenario of needing 5 new subs, especially when you have 200+ stamina?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
4 rolls today, two came out max level 50.

iXRLXcz.gif

I'm aware this has shit recovery but just thinking of how this would work on as a dark devil TPOA team(Once hanzo gets his devil subtype)

Beezle, Dill Sirius, Haku, Hanzo, Lu Bu, Beezle.

Simulator

54,069 hp
8 Skill Boosts
5 Dark Rows
8 TPA

A Haku/Hanzo nuke every five turns with 2 Beezle enhance and a Lu Bu nuke for a boss.

This team any good or would you need a Ronia co leader? If I can easily farm KotG with it I may use it.

razterik

Beelzebub/Lu Bu/Persephone/Devil/Devil/Ronia Friend.

I'm not sure what the last two slots I should fill in. Quite a few options, but none seem that great. I've got Hadar, Loki, Hera-Ur, Drawn Joker, Vamp, Belial, Astaroth and Satan.

Vamp and Joker are great for those last two slots. Loki is really good for this team, especially when you want to avoid Lu Bu's HP drop. Hadar is okay as a stat stick and occasional enhance, but better replaced with something else. Wouldn't recommend the others unless you need the colors. Satan is a no except when he's leading.

it is annoying to think that even if I roll everything I want from the REM, I still have months of hardcore play to put together a single hypermax team.

I understand your feelings here more than most, but maybe you should just quit the game if you're so dissatisfied? The end game for PAD is literally that very grind you are describing, there isn't much else to do aside from running new dungeons (which NA gets far fewer) and building hypermax teams. If you want that second part to go faster, stop rolling the REM and put those stones into team building. It doesn't take months if you're willing to give up rolling a couple dupes.

I have Skuld, Andromeda, Bastet, Hatohoru, Ra, Pandora, L/D Metatron

I don't know what's my plans with these guys (I seem to be lacking many sub members like Sun Quan, U&Y, Verdandi, LuBu, etc to use the above guys as Leaders properly)

I'm probably pumping all my stuff to Ra and awoken ult evolve him first.

Andromeda, sub Skuld, max out Kamui, throw in some random blues, you've got a team that can wreck some stuff. Bastet can use any number of green subs, her Awoken carries. Want more specifics builds, post a Padherder or your box, and we can help assemble something.

I'm aware this has shit recovery but just thinking of how this would work on as a dark devil TPOA team(Once hanzo gets his devil subtype)

Simulator

54,069 hp
8 Skill Boosts
5 Dark Rows
8 TPA

A Haku/Hanzo nuke every five turns with 2 Beezle enhance and a Lu Bu nuke for a boss.

This team any good or would you need a Ronia co leader? If I can easily farm KotG with it I may use it.

You are really stuck on double Beelzebub, eh. Even for KoG, what are you going to do when you get to floor 8/9 without dark orbs? Have to save your burst for Zeus, and those floors will chew through that HP easily. Don't underestimate Ronia's ability to heal back from big hits that you won't be able to otherwise.

Quantum

You don't need a max skilled, hack not even max leveled team to run descends. To say that you can't run a dungeon because your team is not hypermaxed is ridiculous.

If you have played 800 days and IAP a lot then most if not all of the farmable subs should already be at max level. All the REM rolls you got along the way should already be at max level. If they are not then it's not the problem of the game.

- never said I couldn't run a dungeon because a team isn't hypermaxed.
- why should all of my rolls in the REM be max leveled?

- I am voicing an opinion. I think the end game is not as fun as initially running one team and if you want to try running more teams and playing different styles the exp needed becomes prohibitive.
- I have completed the game, I still find fun in trying different teams and new ways of completing the same material

- I don't understand why you think I want to hypermax "one" team.

Haven't started working on leads or building full team (but interested in trying):
Dmeta team, Perseus , Hathor, wukong, osiris, U&Y,

I am currently working on:
1) beelz/ronia/lu bu/haku/pandora
2) Lkali/Lkali/Sun Quan/Yomi/Fuma
3) Verdandi/verdandi/lei bui/GZL/delgado
4) andromida/Bvalk/hatsu/hermes/Blodin
5) Pandora/haku/haku/hanzo/hanzo
6) Kirin/blodin/kush/apollo/izangai/

somewhat confident in:
A) Blonia/Blodin/Blodin/Hermes/bubblie
B) Urd/Urd/RValk/hino/Theurg
C) Lmeta/C.Valk/A.Venus/Arcline/DQ

Subs for team A: Amon, sieg, melgodran, oro,
Subs for team B: Nim, Rozuel, cao cao, chester, shiva, yamato, hino (2), ares
Subs for team C: DQXQ,WAR valk, sandalphon, izangai, thor

If I focused on one team I could certainly max level it, and work on max skilling it.
- not my issue, not my complaint.
- I am interested in playing the game using different styles and to keep it interesting I like putting together different teams - hybrid and some times things that make no sense.

most fun I had was making a blonia / kirin hybrid team to best KOG (not KotG) for the first time.

it remains disappointing to me that if I want to run a new team - it takes a shit ton of effort to get it up and running. At my point in the game - end game + if you like, the only way to test the teams I want to run is by throwing a ton of stones at the game and investing a huge amount of time.

I apologize if I'm not making myself clear. To me it becomes almost prohibitive to change up the way you play if you have invested a ton of time and effort playing towards a few teams.

After investing *months* into my Blonia team I would rather work towards a Lakshmi team (not even listed above as something I'm currently working on).

You are really stuck on double Beelzebub, eh. Even for KoG, what are you going to do when you get to floor 8/9 without dark orbs? Have to save your burst for Zeus, and those floors will chew through that HP easily. Don't underestimate Ronia's ability to heal back from big hits that you won't be able to otherwise.

Well I like the idea of a dark TPA team and hate to think my Dill Sirius is useless so I keep messing around seeing if there is any way that team can be viable.

I have two red Sonias so I'll always use her. This team was more theorycrafting than anything.

So what's my best bet for a devil team?

Beezle, Ronia, Ronia, Haku, Lu Bu, Ronia
Beezle, Ronia, Haku, Hanzo, Lu Bu, Ronia

Don't know whether or not I should have a second Sonia in there with hanzo giving me a 5 turn nuke with haku and more dark damage.

For a red team.

Ronia, Ronia, Hera Ur, Belial, Lu Bu, Ronia

Ronia, Ronia, Chiyome, Hera Ur, Lu Bu, Ronia?

Again Ninja in place of Belial at the cost of a row enhance?

This won't be a descends team that's what my l kali is for. This is for farming and KoTG.

L Kali is and this team are pretty much done so now I think I'll get to work on a Yamato faceroll team since i have a lot of good subs for him.

jay23

I understand your feelings here more than most, but maybe you should just quit the game if you're so dissatisfied? The end game for PAD is literally that very grind you are describing, there isn't much else to do aside from running new dungeons (which NA gets far fewer) and building hypermax teams. If you want that second part to go faster, stop rolling the REM and put those stones into team building. It doesn't take months if you're willing to give up rolling a couple dupes.

This is why I try and not think about the end game in pad, it's really just farming for plus eggs lol. Once you complete the descendeds all you look forward to is pulling the rem and building new teams(my favorite thing to do in this game)

Luckily gung ho seems to be pretty good at adding new content even if it takes months to get here.

colinp

Banned
Multiplayer is a really clever and good idea for PAD, but it isn't something I am interested in. Mostly the time commitment and process of joining/finding a game will be annoying. Presumably we'll end up with a PAD Line group like with Monster Strike, no? Could spell the death of this thread if everyone just updates in chat instead. Interesting times! Glad they're shaking it up, just doesn't fit how I play PAD now (a couple minutes here or there, jumping in to a dungeon only to stop midway and finish hours later...).

My interest in PAD is on the wane anyway, but it is fun to see how they're changing things.

linsivvi

Well I like the idea of a dark TPA team and hate to think my Dill Sirius is useless so I keep messing around seeing if there is any way that team can be viable.

I have two red Sonias so I'll always use her. This team was more theorycrafting than anything.

So what's my best bet for a devil team?

Beezle, Ronia, Ronia, Haku, Lu Bu, Ronia
Beezle, Ronia, Haku, Hanzo, Lu Bu, Ronia

Don't know whether or not I should have a second Sonia in there with hanzo giving me a 5 turn nuke with haku and more dark damage.

I think 3 Ronia+Haku is a bit of an overkill. If you're using 2 Ronia, CDD is perhaps a better option than Hanzo. You can't do Haku every 5 turns anyway because Haku is maxed at 9 turns.

If you're running Dill Sirius, then you will be using 2-prongs instead of rows when your burst. In that case your subs might be Haku, Hanzo/CDD, Lu Bu, Dill Sirius.

You should still always use Ronia as lead though. You're gonna need that RCV boost.

I think 3 Ronia+Haku is a bit of an overkill. If you're using 2 Ronia, CDD is perhaps a better option than Hanzo. You can't do Haku every 5 turns anyway because Haku is maxed at 9 turns.

If you're running Dill Sirius, then you will be using 2-prongs instead of rows when your burst. In that case your subs might be Haku, Hanzo/CDD, Lu Bu, Dill Sirius.

You should still always use Ronia as lead though. You're gonna need that RCV boost.

You're right not sure why I thought haku was 5 turn. To the bench you go hanzo.

Simulator

54,069 hp
8 Skill Boosts
5 Dark Rows
8 TPA

No reason to run double Beelz unless you're farming really simple stuff that dies to a single match of four dark orbs. The full board change from a Ronia helper is more useful than a second enhance. Specifically for KoG, you should be able to kill Tiamat with minimal actives. Ronia + Beelz should kill CDD and Zeus is dispatched with Byakko/Hanzo. With Lubu as insurance for either floor if you get badly trolled.

razterik

I honestly thought PAD co-op looked kinda bad in the stream. Of course having one of the worst players ever demonstrate doesn't help. But taking turns? Zzzzz. Is there a timer? I don't want to be rushed planning moves. This isn't MS where you're flicking around really quickly. The implementation seems poorly thought out, like this is still many months away. I liked the VS each others teams idea from a few streams ago. Or maybe something like a group takes their own teams into a dungeon independently, but is scored together or can switch in and out to take over floors. A co-op raid style sounds more fun than simple battle switching.

I hate feeling like I'm one monster away from having a team capable of tackling all the game's hardest content with ease. I'll keep praying to the gods for Dark Kali, Andromeda, or Bastet.

Negator

Tried to switch to DQXQ/Bastet/Lu Bu/Flame Armor Ogre/Echidna and am having a lot more success. Once I have more suitable subs for Ronia or Bastet I'll try rebuilding them.

damisa

Saved up for awhile and did 10 rolls:
Yomi
Shining Dragon Swordsman
Water Dragon Swordsman
Red Valk
Light Kali
Basilisk
Thumbelina
Mystic Dark Knight
Storm Dragon Mistrain
Shiva

Got 4/10 gold which is ok but not great, but at least none were dupes.

Given its no continue, though, I can't see them making them as stupid hard as some of the rushes and stuff. Those are purely designed to eat stones. Given how these can only eat stones via refreshes, there's no way they'd make them as hard.
If PDX is correct, and these dungeons have guaranteed Py drops on every clear, then I expect them to be extremely difficult even with a no-continue restriction. It would break the game otherwise, if players could simply continuously farm those Py dungeons with consistent success. Though, I'm sure there will be some savant players who will indeed do so.

Just realized Awoken Isis is W/G, Fantastic. Her leader skill might be a bit lackluster, but she'll make an astounding Awoken Ra sub for me. You know, ages from now when we actually get them.
Yeah, Awoken Isis will make a great Awoken Ra sub. I was planning on building the same team (just pulled an extremely lucky DKali this PCGF!). Fills both Water and Wood elements, low 3-turn CD, bind clear, and 30% damage reduction. Super utility sub. Chrono Turtle will probably fill-in in the meantime.

I pulled two Sun Quans in my 8 rolls. No team would use two, right? So just make one of each ult?
Unless you have a use for the Light/Water version, I would just leave it non-uvo'd until you need it for something. I used to make one of every uvo with my dupes, then GH started introducing more uvos including Awoken forms, and I found myself having to devolve monsters just to make the new forms. Waste of mats, especially for uvos I never used. But at least the Light/Water Sun Quan has easy-to-get mats.

colinp

Banned
Why take a risk on losing stam when you don't have to?

I presume there will be benefits to doing coop, besides the joint HP from two teams, and certain dungeons will reflect that with an increased difficulty that requires coop.

We'll see!

Noaloha

Took a wild swing at Satan with a U&Y team and was pleasantly surprised to see him sail out of the park. That gave me a fifth stone, into the Gold Dragon with them, excitement...!

Radious.

>:[

Unless you have a use for the Light/Water version, I would just leave it non-uvo'd until you need it for something. I used to make one of every uvo with my dupes, then GH started introducing more uvos including Awoken forms, and I found myself having to devolve monsters just to make the new forms. Waste of mats, especially for uvos I never used. But at least the Light/Water Sun Quan has easy-to-get mats.
Yeah, I'm not going to ult both right away. I still haven't turned my 2nd Yomi into D/L yet (though I did pull Hathor today).

I could take a stab at running a blue healer team but no BValk or Hatsume hurts.

Whitelines

Neo Member
its amazing how many people are still using my blonia - I get about 30 hits more when she is up.

sure - I'll add you, but its better to add people that use similar leads (or ones u use) I'm "island" in the game

I have up (in frequancy) urd, blonia, lu bu, lmeta, rodin, grodin

feel free to delete me if you don't use them (I clean out users once a week and delete for >=2 days inactivity)

could you add me? Can always use more lu bu and rodin friends341.221.358

Azusa

Can anyone tell me what about warriors series, for example Shotel. Their leader skill and aktive skill is very strange. Do they have any use at all?

Can anyone tell me what about warriors series, for example Shotel. Their leader skill and aktive skill is very strange. Do they have any use at all?

A reminder that it could have been something else, something better most likely.

But really, they're alright placeholders for prong/attacker teams, like Masamune being a poor man's GZL or Kopis on a Attackerasu. Outside of that, they're fairly bad.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Devil Challenge! Sorceress - Mythical cleared - 1 Green Jewel required.

Glad that Bastet only needs one and not 3 like Parvati and Meimei. Still need 2 more for Meimei though.

Edit:

Shit, Zhao Yun also need 1.6 Mio exp.... -.-

linsivvi

Devil Challenge! Sorceress - Mythical cleared - 1 Green Jewel required.

Glad that Bastet only needs one and not 3 like Parvati and Meimei. Still need 2 more for Meimei though.

Edit:

Shit, Zhao Yun also need 1.6 Mio exp.... -.-

Yeah I complained about Zhao Yun's exp requirement recently.

Good thing is these off event challenges will continue, so there's no rush to farm those remaining orbs.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah I complained about Zhao Yun's exp requirement recently.

Good thing is these off event challenges will continue, so there's no rush to farm those remaining orbs.

Yeah, thats one of the great additions we got lately. I dont think i could have awokened any units if i had to non stop farm Mythicals for Jewel Invades.

This way you can be happy about new forms without being sad because you will never get the evo materials. And there is Evo Carnival as well....so yeah really nice improvement.

Top Bottom