• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I just downloaded PAD for iOS the other day and I have NO idea what i'm doing lol. I watched a few videos on YT and they were mostly crap at explaining. All i got was reroll in the begining until you get a god. SO i did that like 3 times and got some lvl 30 Okuninushi.

Can i start with this dude as a leader? Should i keep rerolling?

Any good YT series i can watch to figure out what the hell i'm supposed to do besides pull combos by dragging orbs around etc lol. Loving it so far as i did match 3 games and turn based strat games... but i'm lost!

Silent_Z

I just downloaded PAD for iOS the other day and I have NO idea what i'm doing lol. I watched a few videos on YT and they were mostly crap at explaining. All i got was reroll in the begining until you get a god. SO i did that like 3 times and got some lvl 30 Okuninushi.

Any good YT series i can watch to figure out what the hell i'm supposed to do besides pull combos by dragging orbs around etc lol. Loving it so far as i did match 3 games and turn based strat games... but i'm lost!

Okuninushi *can* work as a leader but I wouldn't recommend him for a starting lead. /r/puzzleanddragons has a number of good resources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/rerolling
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides

Bladelaw

I was right there with you. The wiki has a pretty good beginner's guide (linked in the OP).

When you start your primary goals should flow sort of like this:
Build a team around your starting dragon/God pull (the team is referred to as "Subs"
Finish dungeons to up your rank and get more stamina, friend slots, and Team Cost
Level up the team by feeding it drops from dungeons
Evolve good monsters into better ones
Replace non leader monsters with better non leader monsters

So for Okuninushi his leader skill is get 6 combos to do 4x damage. If you can consistently do that he's a worthwhile leader for you and makes a great Dark sub for a lot of high power teams. Otherwise you have two options: reroll until you get something "good" for beginners (again in the wiki linked in the OP) or bank Magic Stones until a God Fest shows up.

God fests arrive roughly twice a month and have dramatically increased chances of the Rare Egg Machine (REM) dropping high quality monsters, some of which are exclusive to god fests. This is your best bet to get the makings of a good team.

The problem with the early game is your Team Cost will be super low. This makes putting all these high powered toys into your team impossible. At this point just keep doing normal dungeons and ranking up. This is the part of the game that sucks. Meanwhile build up stronger and stronger teams based on thematic drops (mono color, basic orb changers).

Eventually you'll have enough Team Cost to start putting together real teams. Then you can worry about evolutions, Awakening skills, and the tougher special dungeons.

Okuninushi *can* work as a leader but I wouldn't recommend him for a starting lead. /r/puzzleanddragons has a number of good resources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/rerolling
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides

Thanks for the advice. I might keep him and just save stones for Godfest as i'd hate to keep re-rolling. I'll check out those guides!

I was right there with you. The wiki has a pretty good beginner's guide (linked in the OP).

When you start your primary goals should flow sort of like this:
Build a team around your starting dragon/God pull (the team is referred to as "Subs"
Finish dungeons to up your rank and get more stamina, friend slots, and Team Cost
Level up the team by feeding it drops from dungeons
Evolve good monsters into better ones
Replace non leader monsters with better non leader monsters

So for Okuninushi his leader skill is get 6 combos to do 4x damage. If you can consistently do that he's a worthwhile leader for you and makes a great Dark sub for a lot of high power teams. Otherwise you have two options: reroll until you get something "good" for beginners (again in the wiki linked in the OP) or bank Magic Stones until a God Fest shows up.

God fests arrive roughly twice a month and have dramatically increased chances of the Rare Egg Machine (REM) dropping high quality monsters, some of which are exclusive to god fests. This is your best bet to get the makings of a good team.

The problem with the early game is your Team Cost will be super low. This makes putting all these high powered toys into your team impossible. At this point just keep doing normal dungeons and ranking up. This is the part of the game that sucks. Meanwhile build up stronger and stronger teams based on thematic drops (mono color, basic orb changers).

Eventually you'll have enough Team Cost to start putting together real teams. Then you can worry about evolutions, Awakening skills, and the tougher special dungeons.

Thanks for the awesome advice and links!

Hmm really cant decide if i should keep Okuninushi or re-roll based on your guys' advice. While i'm not good at getting anything more than a 3-4x combo currently just starting out... i feel like i could go 20 more re-rolls and not get another god/high-level-monster.

I wonder if i start a game on my iPad (playing on iPhone currently) would that allow me a new, clean game? I'm guessing they don't link.

Also - when was the last Godfest? Sounds like one should have just happened or will be happening soon.

I'd personally keep Oku and see if I get any easier to use leaders the next godfest, which will probably happen in 9-10 days. He's got some endgame potential in him. The early game is easy enough without a top tier starter anyways.

Make sure to send friend requests to GAFfers, our monsters can carry you through dungeons you wouldn't be able to clear otherwise as a beginner.

Kyuur

Thanks for the advice. I might keep him and just save stones for Godfest as i'd hate to keep re-rolling. I'll check out those guides!

Thanks for the awesome advice and links!

Hmm really cant decide if i should keep Okuninushi or re-roll based on your guys' advice. While i'm not good at getting anything more than a 3-4x combo currently just starting out... i feel like i could go 20 more re-rolls and not get another god/high-level-monster.

I wonder if i start a game on my iPad (playing on iPhone currently) would that allow me a new, clean game? I'm guessing they don't link.

Also - when was the last Godfest? Sounds like one should have just happened or will be happening soon.

Okuni is a good card overall, so you wouldn't be hurt by keeping him. Between give-away stones, dungeon clears and later Challenge dungeons you'll be able to pull decent leaders as long as you only spend them during Godfest.

Godfest are roughly in the middle and beginning/end of each month. The last one was last weekend. New Years REM should be coming up early next month which (imo) has a bunch of good cards for beginners too.

Thanks for this info, I guess I'll stop throwing Pys at her and focus them where they're needed (screw you Ganesha for not having skill up mats).

It's kind of difficult to tell how hard this dungeon is exactly. Is floor 4 actually Satan, Beel and Fatty Metal at the same time, or just pick one? Seems like the harder stuff is weak to delay, and with a partner you could bring 2 (or even 3) of them.

Edit: Also, quick question -- is the coop partner you choose also your friend leader? Or do you both get to choose one.
4th floor is one of them at random. Your co-op partners lead is indeed your friend lead.

The last floor drop in the new rushes is 100%. I was farming her solo during the 1/2 co-op stamina event with AYomi/DIza/AHaku/Zaerog/YomiDra and it was pretty easy. Shouldn't really be that hard doing it co-op. God Rush got off easily compared to the buff most of the other co-op dungeons received.

Son of a bitch...
bYnNOnn.jpg
I got so close. This was after he healed for 10%. I was too cautious on the early rounds and ran out of orbs on the last couple turns. Should have been an easy win.

Bladelaw

Why the hell haven't I been using Verdandi more?

I just facerolled KotG with a Verd team. The only thing required was consistent matching of 4 green orbs to do damage.

Team (Assume max level/evo, awakenings, but not skills or plus eggs):
Verdandi
Vishnu
Cu Chulainn
Perseus
Xmas Alraune
Friend Verdandi

The damage was consistent and high, HP and RCV was solid I was able to heal from any hits I took. The bomb of a full green board was plenty high and brainless to execute.

I should've been doing this last week after I finished leveling all these cards. Double Bastet is capable of more damage (~x26 with skill used over ~x11? at full HP) but requires 7 matches which has proven problematic in most of the descend content I've been running into.

Once I'm through with this event I'm going to be looking into that last slot. Alraune is a placeholder unless I need the delay.

J0dy77

Anyone want to BF triangle? I have Hypermaxed Yomi and Kirin up most of the time and run a lot of Urd for the easier farming content. Also have Thor, I&I, Laksmhi, Gladius, Ra all of the Awoken Greek gods. Will probably focus on Thor or Lakshmi as my next team.

Kyuur

I just facerolled KotG with a Verd team. The only thing required was consistent matching of 4 green orbs to do damage.

The damage was consistent and high, HP and RCV was solid I was able to heal from any hits I took. The bomb of a full green board was plenty high and brainless to execute.

I should've been doing this last week after I finished leveling all these cards. Double Bastet is capable of more damage (~x26 with skill used over ~x11? at full HP) but requires 7 matches which has proven problematic in most of the descend content I've been running into.

Once I'm through with this event I'm going to be looking into that last slot. Alraune is a placeholder unless I need the delay.

Yeah, Verdandi is sooo easy to play and get good results when you have Vishnu. It kind of ruins other, harder-to-run leads for me. It does start to get a bit limiting as you approach endgame stuff though, where you would need to transition to stronger leaders like Bastet.

I also find RCV lacking a bit sometimes, but the heartmaker aspect of her active helps.

Silent_Z

I just did this on Legend and it went Preemt -> flame curse -> status shield -> flame curse.

I assume a normal attack was next (since flame curse is every other turn) but I popped an orb change to kill him so didn't have to risk death from poison + norm attack.

For what it's worth, he went straight to status shield for me just now so it's looking like "every other turn" is based on the total turn count in the dungeon. Either way, as long as you can kill him in 3 shots, there shouldn't be much trouble considering Amon's -99% preempt on the next floor.

Jagernaut

Team (Assume max level/evo, awakenings, but not skills or plus eggs):
Verdandi
Vishnu
Cu Chulainn
Perseus
Xmas Alraune
Friend Verdandi

Double Awoken Bastet leaders is 36x after using a skill and a 7 combo. If you have triple 2 prong cards like Vishnu and Liu Bei and make multiple 4 orb matches the damage is insane. I can do 10 million damage with a good Verdandi board and my team is not hypermaxed. Much stronger than Verdandi leads but requires more skill and concentration.

Jagernaut

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Director’s Choice Carnival*
[Duration]: 1/22 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 1/28 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

A special lineup of monsters has been assembled for the return of the Director’s Choice Carnival! Valkyries and Angels Series 2 Gods are available to obtain at 3x Rates!

Featured monsters pop out at level 30 and above, and will have guaranteed +Egg status!

See the full lineup below:

★6
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1270 Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1516 Lively Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang

★5
567 Ares

1130 Avalon Drake
1359 Apocalypse

1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang

1826 Red Angel, Rozuel
1828 Blue Angel, Famiel
1830 Green Angel, Ruel
1832 Holy Angel, Ariel
1834 Dark Angel, Lumiel

Ares is out of place. Might make 1 roll and hope for red or dark Valkyries. I only have blue Valk.

Anyone want to BF triangle? I have Hypermaxed Yomi and Kirin up most of the time and run a lot of Urd for the easier farming content. Also have Thor, I&I, Laksmhi, Gladius, Ra all of the Awoken Greek gods. Will probably focus on Thor or Lakshmi as my next team.
What are the benefits of a BF triangle? I've been playing for a bit over 100 days. I'm looking for Awoken Thor to go with my Saria since I hear that combo is sick. Currently I run Saria x2 and have been doing OK on some end game stuff but the extra RCV from Thor would make it better. 70K HP isn't worth much if you can't heal it back fast enough. I also will have an Awoken Thor once I get Jord so I'll be able use Saria or Thor as my leader depending on what friends have available.

coy

I'm down for this. Mainly have Verdandi for farming and Yomi, Parvati, or Sakuya for descends. My leads:

Hyper
Yomi
Parvati
Verdandi
Osiris
L.Kali

+297
Sakuya sl1
Haku sl2

Other leads
Thor (max skill)
Lakshmi
Shiva
Raphael

I have all but Ceres for Greeks, all of JP 1, and all of Egypt 1. I'm working on I&I (need DQH), Tsubaki (only evolved), Pandora (needs levels and skillups), and Zuoh (needs everything). I also am waiting on Loki and Blonia evos to arrive. My focus will be on Lakshmi, Thor, and hopefully Tsubaki if I get 2 more subs. Let me know what you think.

I'm down for this. Mainly have Verdandi for farming and Yomi, Parvati, or Sakuya for descends. My leads:

Hyper
Yomi
Parvati
Verdandi
Osiris
L.Kali

+297
Sakuya sl1
Haku sl2

Other leads
Thor (max skill)
Lakshmi
Shiva
Raphael

I have all but Ceres for Greeks, all of JP 1, and all of Egypt 1. I'm working on I&I (need DQH), Tsubaki (only evolved), Pandora (needs levels and skillups), and Zuoh (needs everything). I also am waiting on Loki and Blonia evos to arrive. My focus will be on Lakshmi, Thor, and hopefully Tsubaki if I get 2 more subs. Let me know what you think.
Ooo, Awoken Thor? Also been looking for a Raphael friend for all them light rows. If so I'd love to add you as a normal friend at least if either of those would be available.

My ID is 367,983,353. Mini valk lvl 97 full awoken +113 is my best if anyone is interested.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Son of a bitch...

I got so close. This was after he healed for 10%. I was too cautious on the early rounds and ran out of orbs on the last couple turns. Should have been an easy win.

Man. What a fight. I feel like with the team you showed, it is more difficult to fight through the previous floors than pin down the boss. I suggest try gauging your dmg using endless corridor or something to see exact how many combo you need. You could finish him in 2 turns with the correct set up, even with some jammers and hearts skyfalling.

Need a best friend. People who use Yomi Dragon and DMeta front of the line. I also use Bastet as a third. Have Parvati, Sarasvati but don't use them much. Will be making a FA luci as well when the evo hits.

coy

Ooo, Awoken Thor? Also been looking for a Raphael friend for all them light rows. If so I'd love to add you as a normal friend at least if either of those would be available.

My ID is 367,983,353. Mini valk lvl 97 full awoken +113 is my best if anyone is interested.
FR sent.

LuffyZoro

Need a best friend. People who use Yomi Dragon and DMeta front of the line. I also use Bastet as a third. Have Parvati, Sarasvati but don't use them much. Will be making a FA luci as well when the evo hits.

I have a hyper Yomi Dragon and a max skilled DMeta. I also have Parvati and Sarasvati that I'm building. You can add me even if you don't want to BF: 341,650,357

Negator

I feel like I should take this opportunity to just stone the crap out of the trifruit dungeon and max skill all my dragon callers. Kaede isn't very great when she isn't max skill.

Man. What a fight. I feel like with the team you showed, it is more difficult to fight through the previous floors than pin down the boss. I suggest try gauging your dmg using endless corridor or something to see exact how many combo you need. You could finish him in 2 turns with the correct set up, even with some jammers and hearts skyfalling.
Yeah, the earlier floors should have been the harder part. Athena was the biggest issue, since I had to drop her between 90% and 75% then kill or else just OHKO. Hera Ur is a pain with a green team, but an Artemis active made it OK.

On Vishnu I was definitely only hitting about 300k per monster my first few turns. In hindsight I was avoiding TPAs, but I shouldn't have been. Without activating a skill, there's no real danger of breaking a million. I decided to stone though, so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

hermit7

With volsung coming tomorrow what are several decent teams to beat it?

Bastet looks decent but I don't now of any hang ups that may arise.

yami4ct

The desire sensor in this game sucks. I ran Friday-Expert over 20 times for Dub-Purple lits and only got 3. I need 4. Ugh. Back to running in when my stam charges tomorrow.

What's the best way to Skill-up DD Haku? Is it best just to wait for the Purple Survey to rotate into coins again? I would be lazy and just throw my huge stack of badpys at her, but A. Loki, A. Luci and Castor all need them.

I run A Shiva main, LMeta and A Bastet in the BF slot if you would like to BFF triangle with me.

My ID is 342 144 204

If we can get a 3rd, sounds good to me. Any takers.

Again, my current runners are Hypermax A. Ra, A. Shiva and Urd. A. Luci will be up by the time he hits in the US. Probably will finally build A. Bastet after that.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whole day of stamina netted me 2x Red Fruit which resulted in 0x Tsubaki skillups.

Yeah im moving on. Aint even mad but it would have been cool to work on a stronger Fire based squad.

Rixa

Whole day of stamina netted me 2x Red Fruit which resulted in 0x Tsubaki skillups.

Yeah im moving on. Aint even mad but it would have been cool to work on a stronger Fire based squad.

Meanwhile I had kinda different day. Been farming excess stamina to Fagan dungeon (ABKirin skill ups). Did it once yesterday before day changed to Thursday. Grabbed Tamadra. Then did 5 times Thursday dungeon with normal stamina, got 4 Baby Tamadras, 4 Red Trifruits and 1 Green Trifruit.

I have Tsubaki but I need Red Trifruits to other units, but maybe I should just use those 4 to Tsubaki and see if it gets skill ups.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shit, forgot again that Enhance PEM is over...then again my Evo material pulls could have been worse.

Meanwhile I had kinda different day. Been farming excess stamina to Fagan dungeon (ABKirin skill ups). Did it once yesterday before day changed to Thursday. Grabbed Tamadra. Then did 5 times Thursday dungeon with normal stamina, got 4 Baby Tamadras, 4 Red Trifruits and 1 Green Trifruit.

I have Tsubaki but I need Red Trifruits to other units, but maybe I should just use those 4 to Tsubaki and see if it gets skill ups.

Heh nice - you might go ahead and try your luck on skilling Tsubaki up if you dont need the fruits as evo material asap. Then again you are already busy with a couple of teams...dont know how useful Tsubaki will be to you anytime soon xD

Jagernaut

Yolo rolled on the Directors Choice carnival and got a Valk. Unfortunately it was a blue Valk which is the only one I already had. Frustrating.

Rixa

Shit, forgot again that Enhance PEM is over...then again my Evo material pulls could have been worse.

Heh nice - you might go ahead and try your luck on skilling Tsubaki up if you dont need the fruits as evo material asap. Then again you are already busy with a couple of teams...dont know how useful Tsubaki will be to you anytime soon xD
You stole my luck :p

60 PAL pulls = 1½ Trifruits (Red & Blue), 3 Devilits, 0 Angelits, 2 Masks, 0 Jewels.

Yolo rolled on the Directors Choice carnival and got a Valk. Unfortunately it was a blue Valk which is the only one I already had. Frustrating.
Made a yolo too and got Kreuse, I might sell it.

J0dy77

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!

q91kIMNl.jpg
9Hx4Iygl.png

Finally got through that nightmare. Got extremely lucky on the last turn. Dropped him under 30 and he created that mess of locked jammers. I popped L. Kali and prayed for an activation and came pretty close. Used Yomi delay and created a 10 combo with some help from a couple of skyfall, never got the green match to activate but with a TPA light attack it was just enough to bring him down with the 4x from 10 combos.

F THAT DUNGEON. Couldn't let it beat me.

Well don't have any valks so I figured I'd give it 1 roll. Got a god damn Thanatos. I'm on a real cold streak since last GF. I guess I used all my luck on that 4x GFE god fest, where I pulled a ton of GFE.

Bladelaw

The desire sensor in this game sucks. I ran Friday-Expert over 20 times for Dub-Purple lits and only got 3. I need 4. Ugh. Back to running in when my stam charges tomorrow.

What's the best way to Skill-up DD Haku? Is it best just to wait for the Purple Survey to rotate into coins again? I would be lazy and just throw my huge stack of badpys at her, but A. Loki, A. Luci and Castor all need them.

If we can get a 3rd, sounds good to me. Any takers.

Again, my current runners are Hypermax A. Ra, A. Shiva and Urd. A. Luci will be up by the time he hits in the US. Probably will finally build A. Bastet after that.

If you're still looking for a third I have A. Shiva, Uevo Verdandi, and will have awoken Bastet Sunday.

Bladelaw - 359,468,351

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally got my dub to evolve Iza to ult Yomi. Took way too fucking long. Time to load her up with delicious tamas!

I need some help with a team for her...I don't have Oku, so I'm missing one major member of her team.

Also, I could use some BFF fun and new leads. Most people on my list run AShiva, and I don't have one. I primarily run DTron, Pandora, ARa, Christmas Sakuya, AYomi (now), and have 2 Luci's ready for Luci fun.

Whitelines

Neo Member
If you want to add me, i run Dmeta +297 24/7, plus AShiva and ASakuya, or Pandora sometimes

WL@GAF we are already friends

But it would be better for you to do a BFF triangle

hermit7

I was thinking about an ideal a.luci team for arena and I saw that there was a team with a. Luci, yomidra, akechi, okuni, Haku.

Akechi is there to fix the board for Haku.

I don't have akechi but I do have zuoh and for burst I could use b.dora for that 2/3 dark and fire conversion.

Thoughts on that?

I am looking for a BFF triangle.

I run Awoken Shiva (Hypermax), Awoken Sakuya (max awoken, +200 eggs, almost max skilled), and a Bestcat as my third.

I also have Awoken Ra, ROdin, all the awoken Greeks (except Ceres), Awoken Ammy,

Current Projects: Working on mats for the eventual Awoken Fallen Luci, Debating on Awoken Yomi...

Kyu

Neo Member
I am looking for a BFF triangle.

I run Awoken Shiva (Hypermax), Awoken Sakuya (max awoken, +200 eggs, almost max skilled), and a Bestcat as my third.

I also have Awoken Ra, ROdin, all the awoken Greeks (except Ceres), Awoken Ammy,

Current Projects: Working on mats for the eventual Awoken Fallen Luci, Debating on Awoken Yomi...

I have a second account with +297 a sakuya, +297 l Kali a Shiva, Bastet and A Yomi if that is interesting

Top Bottom