• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

What I mean was that you can blow him well below 30% without worrying too much about dmg output control. After he uses Frenzy, using the damage reducer or voider skill and healing back to at least 25k HP (suppose you have some dark resist latents if you use Indra) will enable you to tank that 111k blow from him.

I understand what you're saying but it's easier said than done. With a kirin team you only get afew turns to get him and finding that exact damage to avoid killing him and dropping him below 30% takes a lot of praying to the skyfall gods.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I understand what you're saying but it's easier said than done. With a kirin team you only get afew turns to get him and finding that exact damage to avoid killing him and dropping him below 30% takes a lot of praying to the skyfall gods.

Indeed...normally a well-schemed plan is mostly likely being interrupted by the skyfall gods...I guess adding these types of enemy promotes new cards combo like YomiDra w/ Eschamali where precise dmg control can be achieved...

Jaggy

If anyone else wants to form a triangle, my leads are 297'ed yomidra, A. sakyua and A. yomi (which will all be hypered with pii's). Also have A. shiva, I&I and FA. Luci when it comes out. Looking for essentially leaders that pair with those, or a Ryune.

ID is 333076257

jay23

Level 8 is kicking my ass in this challenge set. iirc level 8 is usually a no rcv dungeon which used to be a breeze with my Ra team.

Challenges are getting more and more difficult and I'm just sitting here waiting for 10x descended to come back.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Level 8 is kicking my ass in this challenge set. iirc level 8 is usually a no rcv dungeon which used to be a breeze with my Ra team.

Challenges are getting more and more difficult and I'm just sitting here waiting for 10x descended to come back.

If it is the boss floor that has been bothering you, just bring a multiple-turn delayer with you in your Ra team.

yami4ct

Now that the resets have happened, if anyone wants to do a BFF thing with me my ID is 371,242,226

My main is a hyper A.Ra. I also have A Shiva and Urd up most of the time. My next team I'll be building is an A.Luci squad. I hope to have everything up and running for him by the time he hits.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I've been thinking about using her mode often, but I never have any Tsubaki friends. Here's the team I've come up with.

Gadius is questionable I guess, but I don't really know who else to use there. Minerva or Laila would work OK. I haven't done too much practical testing, but I know the damage potential is there.

Regarding Sakuya, I much prefer the time extend team to the TPA team. Much easier to use, and still has massive damage output.

Hah, thats more or less the same team i was gunning for. I dont have Ares so that spot would be occupied by a 2nd. Leilan. Yesterday was the first time i could try out Tsubaki because you had him up...the LS activation is really easy, 5 red orbs(one enhanced) + 3 light is all you need - thats quite nice.

Like i said i will farm his fruits today...if i can max skill him i shall have him up more often down the line.
I wish I had a suitable team for astaroth.
You and 99% of the playerbase...lol.

Still excited for her even though im missing the subs right now. Well need to check my box later for useful party members.

Kyu

Neo Member
If anyone else wants to form a triangle, my leads are 297'ed yomidra, A. sakyua and A. yomi (which will all be hypered with pii's). Also have A. shiva, I&I and FA. Luci when it comes out. Looking for essentially leaders that pair with those, or a Ryune.

ID is 333076257

Me and Negator are looking for a third Yomidra. How about I BF Jaggy, Jaggy BF Negator and Negator BF Me?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
5x Thursday Dungeon runs, 0x Red Fruits /dead

Shit...i had forgotten how bad this stage is if you need a specific color

NineH

Now that the resets have happened, if anyone wants to do a BFF thing with me my ID is 371,242,226

My main is a hyper A.Ra. I also have A Shiva and Urd up most of the time. My next team I'll be building is an A.Luci squad. I hope to have everything up and running for him by the time he hits.

I run A Shiva main, LMeta and A Bastet in the BF slot if you would like to BFF triangle with me.

My ID is 342 144 204

CZPACtJWYAEfj9q.jpg

AS: board change to rainbow+heal+jammer, enhance fire orbs
LS: 5x for matching rainbow, atk boost for linking 3+ jammer, up to 2x atk

Jagernaut

I was just completing Hera Sowilo from the coin dungeons for the stone and got my first Elia invade. Nice awakenings and active but the 15 skillups is brutal. Will we get 10x descends and Elia invades at the same time? That's the only way I see myself trying to skill her up.

Bladelaw

I wonder if I'm trying to punch above my weight class with a couple of these descends. I'm at a good place in terms of team cost so I'm poking at more 50 stam dungeons. Eventually I just get wrecked by something. I've got what I think are decent teams but I think I'm just dealing with poor planning/orb trolls/bad play.

The Izanami tournament, the current Indigo descend, and the mythical Water/Dark dragon dungeons all wrecked me at various "wall" phases. My current A. Shiva team does well in most content up to "master" difficulty and does ok in some descends at Legend difficulty but for the most part gets destroyed in Mythical. I know I'm short awakenings, especially on Yamato Takeru and that contributes a bit, I'm also short about ~20 levels on a few members, and no one is max skilled.

I don't want to dump too many more resources into this team given I have a Bastet team almost all spooled up (max level max awakening and some skill ups) just waiting for a Sphinx to finish it. Do I just suck it up and farm more skill ups for my Bastet team with my Shiva team until Sunday or do I apply some resources to the Shiva team to have more than 1 viable descend team?

MiTYH

Anyone feel like giving some free advice to a relatively new player?
https://www.padherder.com/user/MiTYH Just pulled some new units which I entered in, such as Anubis which I hear is good but difficult to use, as well as Kali who I'm just about ready to start using (due to team cost).

Been a while since I posted. The current PAL points and enhancers have been great to my team -- I run Nepthys, Famiel (will evolve again tomorrow), Castor, Echidna (evolves tomorrow), and Thumbelina. Basically a rainbow team.

Mostly, I'd like to be able to run some descended dungeons sometime soon, but I still might be a bit away from that. Dungeon wise I only just unlocked Frozen Soil of Prosell, but unless I have an Odin friend with the poison damage, I can't really break through. Been trying to farm a Succubus but it's painful.
Also, is there a decent Kali team I can make? My cost is 111 at the moment so I can team her up with some units but not everything

Box is above, would love some assistance on where to focus next!

Kyuur

Looks cool, I still have to get the Mario version. Was it worth the purchase?

I think part of the appeal of PAD to me is the fantastic roster -- something missing from both PADZ and the Mario version so they didn't keep me interested. This looks 100x better to me due to that. :)

I wonder if I'm trying to punch above my weight class with a couple of these descends. I'm at a good place in terms of team cost so I'm poking at more 50 stam dungeons. Eventually I just get wrecked by something. I've got what I think are decent teams but I think I'm just dealing with poor planning/orb trolls/bad play.

The Izanami tournament, the current Indigo descend, and the mythical Water/Dark dragon dungeons all wrecked me at various "wall" phases. My current A. Shiva team does well in most content up to "master" difficulty and does ok in some descends at Legend difficulty but for the most part gets destroyed in Mythical. I know I'm short awakenings, especially on Yamato Takeru and that contributes a bit, I'm also short about ~20 levels on a few members, and no one is max skilled.

I don't want to dump too many more resources into this team given I have a Bastet team almost all spooled up (max level max awakening and some skill ups) just waiting for a Sphinx to finish it. Do I just suck it up and farm more skill ups for my Bastet team with my Shiva team until Sunday or do I apply some resources to the Shiva team to have more than 1 viable descend team?

The descends you listed are all fairly new and thus harder, Indigo especially. Doesn't help that A.Shiva is fire and those are water-heavy! Hard to tell which team you should focus on without knowing the subs.

Anyone feel like giving some free advice to a relatively new player?
https://www.padherder.com/user/MiTYH Just pulled some new units which I entered in, such as Anubis which I hear is good but difficult to use, as well as Kali who I'm just about ready to start using (due to team cost).

Been a while since I posted. The current PAL points and enhancers have been great to my team -- I run Nepthys, Famiel (will evolve again tomorrow), Castor, Echidna (evolves tomorrow), and Thumbelina. Basically a rainbow team.

Mostly, I'd like to be able to run some descended dungeons sometime soon, but I still might be a bit away from that. Dungeon wise I only just unlocked Frozen Soil of Prosell, but unless I have an Odin friend with the poison damage, I can't really break through. Been trying to farm a Succubus but it's painful.
Also, is there a decent Kali team I can make? My cost is 111 at the moment so I can team her up with some units but not everything

Box is above, would love some assistance on where to focus next!

I would personally run Castor as a dark team lead. His HP/RCV is essentially better than Neph's against everything but dark enemies (50% reduction with friend leader = 2x HP/RCV, vs Neph's 1.82x) and the leader is easier to activate with a higher multiplier. Some people don't like monocolour teams though. Maybe:

Castor / Neph / ChristmasKali / Anubis / Echidna

With that team, using Neph's active for boost you should easily clear Frozen's defense with a 5-match and 4-match, maybe even just 5 match.

donjezzy

pretry great day for me on pad so far. the Ult Nephthys is out and went 2 for 2 on her skill up from 12 to 10. finally have a 100% skill bind team with my yomidra team with Nephthys, D.Meta and A.Haku. currently using Valk Claire as my last sub since with two heart enhances now, I usually have a 5 turn or less dark orb enchance for yomidra. Can't wait for 10x descends again.

I think Shiva and Bastet are basically the same power level. I'd read up leader guides and see which team you have more optimal subs for, and focus your resources on that team. Failing dungeons happens a lot. I spend the majority of my time looking at what each floor is on PADx, looking for pre-empts, skill delays, anything, and then I see if I think any of my teams have a shot at it. I spend more time researching it than I do actually running it most times. I run into the same problem you are, since I lack skill-ups (Akechi, who we haven't gotten his in NA yet). If it's questionable, or I think I might get orb trolled floor 1, I don't even attempt it unless there's something I really want from the dungeon. I haven't even attempted Indigo, just because I don't think my Typhon or Saria team can take it. I'll clear it eventually, but since I don't need Indigo (I don't have Thor), I just let it go. There's always something else you can spend your stamina on.

Silent_Z

Looking at Indigo, stuff looks super nasty. Then again, it's 7x6 and I'm running Awoken Horus or Awoken Shiva.

What I'm not 100% grasping from reading the PDX description is how Belial works; is it SB preempt -> status shield -> alternating Flame Curse and normal attack?

Oh yeah, and it's been a while since I put this out there:
Main leads are hypermax Awoken Horus and not hypermax +294(297 soon, I swear) Awoken Shiva. Currently keeping used-to-be-hyper RSonia in Team 2 for existing BFFs who are still running old janky devil squads.

Bladelaw

Thanks for the insight.

A. Shiva Team:
Awoken Shiva lvl 81
Norn of the Past, Urd lvl MAX
Dominating Warrior King, Cao Cao lvl 82
Solitary Lion, Squall lvl 60
Stormy God Emperor, Yamato Takeru lvl 81

Friend: A. Shiva/Ares/Rodin

Yamato is missing all but one awakening but everyone else is max awoken with almost no skillups beyond Urd (level 3)

A. Bastet Team (all max level and max awakenings):
Love Deity, Bastet (need sphinx to get the awoken uevo, I have everything else)
Thought Spinner Norn, Verdandi
Wolf Ignus Hero, Cu Chulainn
Green Star Vanguishing Deity, Perseus
Divine Creator of Order, Vishnu

Friend: A, Bastet/Verd/Grodin

I swap uuevo Kushi for Cu Chu if I need the shield but she needs levels and awakenings.

Lyrian

Looks cool, I still have to get the Mario version. Was it worth the purchase?

Hi PAD-GAF!

Long time lurker, PAD player, but first time PAD-GAF poster.

As someone, who owns the Mario version, I can offer some feedback on this question.

-- Was it worth the purchase? I'll say yes, although a certain perspective is really needed to enjoy them. Both games on the cart represent a mindset of "What would PAD have been if the game had evolved in a different way from what it did from its origins?".

** PADZ in my opinion is the weaker of the two games, likely because it is the older game of the two. PADZ adds interesting mechanics, such as a player defense stat (a physical mob does more than just be a HP stick), and a shared "charge" meter that is consumed to activate skills. Strategies have to be developed in recognition that a player cannot simply activate 3+ skills in the same turn for an easy mode win over bosses, like in PAD Mobile. That said, the abilities of the mobs are only from the vanilla version of the game. No awakenings, no plus orbs, no skillups, continues, etc. That really puts a damper on how much can be really achieved with the cards in the game creatively.

*** Mario, being the newer game, represent a very weird mix of old an new PAD game features. Many newer PAD features are present, yet others are strangely absent. For example, awakenings are in, but TPAs and row awakenings are missing. Haste, true damage, and skillups are in. Instead of using tamadras, a tamadra-like currency is used that has to grinded (very annoying late post game). Cards only can have one awakening, but can gain up to five of that awakening. Good awakenings (such as time extensions) get to be ridiculously expensive very fast, hence the grind. Rouge dungeon mechanics are in every level, although cards never restart at level 1. There are multiple paths through each stage, including secret ones, which is a very nice touch. Leader choices are awkward, because only certain cards can leaders (mario and luigi) and those cards can never be subs. Similarly, friend helpers are locked down in the same way. Leaders and helpers are awarded at different points of the game, in various levels of power creep, which forces the player to change playstyles after various worlds to keep up with the advancing difficulty creep. Lives (continues) are in, which the game expects the player to use to get past difficult boss stages (and normal stages post game). Some people liked that, others found it annoying. YMMV.

In the end, I liked both games, but found the Mario one to both more engaging and more frustrating at the same time. I didn't regret the purchase. I look forward to seeing how GungHo tweaks the formula in the new 3DS game to address the valid criticisms of the Mario PAD game.

Silent_Z

Thanks for the insight.

A. Shiva Team:
Awoken Shiva lvl 81
Norn of the Past, Urd lvl MAX
Dominating Warrior King, Cao Cao lvl 82
Solitary Lion, Squall lvl 60
Stormy God Emperor, Yamato Takeru lvl 81

Friend: A. Shiva/Ares/Rodin

Yamato is missing all but one awakening but everyone else is max awoken with almost no skillups beyond Urd (level 3)

A. Bastet Team (all max level and max awakenings):
Love Deity, Bastet (need sphinx to get the awoken uevo, I have everything else)
Thought Spinner Norn, Verdandi
Wolf Ignus Hero, Cu Chulainn
Green Star Vanguishing Deity, Perseus
Divine Creator of Order, Vishnu

Friend: A, Bastet/Verd/Grodin

I swap uuevo Kushi for Cu Chu if I need the shield but she needs levels and awakenings.

For Shiva, drop Squall for Verdandi, especially if Verd is skilled up. Verd will get the Shiva buffs due to the red sub-attribute and she and Cao Cao will give output from the green orbs.

Consider making the Bastet team into a Verdandi team in the interim; it'll be more consistent.

Looking at Indigo, stuff looks super nasty. Then again, it's 7x6 and I'm running Awoken Horus or Awoken Shiva.

What I'm not 100% grasping from reading the PDX description is how Belial works; is it SB preempt -> status shield -> alternating Flame Curse and normal attack?

Oh yeah, and it's been a while since I put this out there:
Main leads are hypermax Awoken Horus and not hypermax +294(297 soon, I swear) Awoken Shiva. Currently keeping used-to-be-hyper RSonia in Team 2 for existing BFFs who are still running old janky devil squads.
I just did this on Legend and it went Preemt -> flame curse -> status shield -> flame curse.

I assume a normal attack was next (since flame curse is every other turn) but I popped an orb change to kill him so didn't have to risk death from poison + norm attack.

razterik

Will we get 10x descends and Elia invades at the same time? That's the only way I see myself trying to skill her up.

They have in JP, kind of. I'm not as sure about the regular descends overlapping 10x and invades, but it has happened a few times with Elia/Grisar and latent invades through the coin dungeon descends. I farmed coin Goemon a bit with Elia invades and 10x. And I am fairly certain 10x was active the last time I was going after dark resist latents.

After co-op is implemented, anyone committed to skilling up the invades is better served building a team to handle the co-op versions of God and Devil Rush, which feature Elia and Grisar respectively as final floor boss drops. I'm not sure if they are 100% drops, but I know they're much better rates than the invades as long as you can clear them.

Bladelaw

For Shiva, drop Squall for Verdandi, especially if Verd is skilled up. Verd will get the Shiva buffs due to the red sub-attribute and she and Cao Cao will give output from the green orbs.

Consider making the Bastet team into a Verdandi team in the interim; it'll be more consistent.

I have Verd's skill to level 3. I took your advice and swapped out Bastet for Verdandi and slid Kushi into the vacancy and took on the Endless Dungeon. I got to wave 49 before I got busted up, My Shiva team has similar performance so I'm pretty happy about that.

I don't have the Team Cost to swap out Squall for Verdandi (need 5 more) so I guess I'll grind up a few ranks while I wait for Sunday to roll around. I updated my team 1,2,3 to have Shiva, Bastet, and Verdandi as leads.

The green team has a lot more safety built in with a lot of HP and RCV. It's a dramatic shift from my Shiva team which is very all or nothing. I'm not used to taking hits and living.

Kyuur

After co-op is implemented, anyone committed to skilling up the invades is better served building a team to handle the co-op versions of God and Devil Rush, which feature Elia and Grisar respectively as final floor boss drops. I'm not sure if they are 100% drops, but I know they're much better rates than the invades as long as you can clear them.

Thanks for this info, I guess I'll stop throwing Pys at her and focus them where they're needed (screw you Ganesha for not having skill up mats).

It's kind of difficult to tell how hard this dungeon is exactly. Is floor 4 actually Satan, Beel and Fatty Metal at the same time, or just pick one? Seems like the harder stuff is weak to delay, and with a partner you could bring 2 (or even 3) of them.

Edit: Also, quick question -- is the coop partner you choose also your friend leader? Or do you both get to choose one.

Rixa

Yeah. What is your Atlanta?
Ag2@gaf?
I did BF you.

Iam using A.Haku 2nd slot, hopefully its ok. One person I know started to play PAD 3 days ago and got Haku as leader and grinded today 30mins before maintenance to rank 50 and BFed me (and another player).

Just inform if either of you needs something else (these are nonplussed tho, for example A.Lakshmi (4 sklv) / A.Shiva (1 sklv) / AB Sakuya (1 sklv) or max skilled A.Hino, or something else) Ill put it up. First slot I have Verdandi and usually running with Yomi Dragon.

Ag2@gaf BFed me.

Top Bottom