• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC on April 05

lumi7890

Why do they care? If they're such Microsoft fanboys they should be happy it's coming to another Microsoft platform.

Did Vita fans cry when tearaway was announced for PS4?

While I didn't care for tearaway coming to the ps4, I know I was very please when Gravity Rush was annouced for the system, knowing that the ip would get another chance to shine and to introduce a slew of new players to the game, I just don't understand why some people are mad at quantum break being in pc, more people are going to be able to play the game, that's a good thing jackasses, ugh console fanboy are weird.

wapplew

Why do they care? If they're such Microsoft fanboys they should be happy it's coming to another Microsoft platform.

They are not MS fanboys, just Xbox "console" fanboys who doesn't care about windows.
That's what they said.

ISee

There could be two reasons.

1.) They are attention whores and know that 'over reactions' and played saltines can give them views because people like to watch (listen to) train wrecks.

2.) They life by the motto: It's not enough to succeed. Other people have to fail.

In both cases it's not worth to give them any kind of attention.

Widge

What? I remember a lot of disappointment when exclusive Vita titles migrated across to PS3/PS4 and it received ports in return.

Why did this happen? Because it signified that the platform holder was not willing to invest in those who had bought the hardware.

What has happened? The Vita is on its way out, despite being a glorious piece of hardware. Yes, your IPs have migrated but you're not going to see handheld Sony hardware again.

What does this mean for Xbox? That Microsoft have given up (you could argue from late 360 gen) on investing in unique content for its purchasers. It means they are looking at going into a software/storefront vendor role (which means going into competition against Valve). Why bother buying any hardware from the only vendor who does not support their platform? Buy a Sony, buy a Nintendo.

jdmonmou

As someone who owns both a PC and an Xbox One, I get where people are coming from who are critical of this move. My Xbox One is now redundant. I guess Microsoft threw in cross buy as a way to appease those who own both platforms, but what's the point in that? I only need 1 version of the game. I think the real reason they are doing this is to increase game sales since the Xbox One hasn't sold so well since launch. They didn't need to do this last gen with the 360 since they had strong sales.

Zedox

Don't know if you guys saw that they updated the specs to be more reasonable:

Saved%20image%20from%20Tweetium.png

Tovarisc

Doesn't show any expectation of resolution or framerate so this list is still useless lol

When system requirements do show such things? I guess there is reason why I often hear them being referred to as "vague guidelines with little meaning".

kodecraft

Guys should research the Rise of Tomb Raider Windows 10 version and what a Windows 10 store version includes.

Things like tablet mode, locked v-sync, cannot use third party apps like Afterburner and such, can't stream Windows 10 versions of these games too.

I'm sure this goes for Gears Ultimate, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, and any other Win 10 version of an AAA game.

So its almost like you basically just get a 'console' version of the game but on PC.

Oh, some graphical options too.

I find it amazing they didn't use their PC gamer announcement earlier last year to say these games are I dunno...

Coming to PC?

What a bunch of idiots at Microsoft really.

Zedox

I find it amazing they didn't use their PC gamer announcement earlier last year to say these games are I dunno...

Coming to PC?

What a bunch of idiots at Microsoft really.

Maybe because... (link)

aarongreenberg said:
We fairly recently were able to make the Win 10 version come day & date with #XboxOne with shared saves & this lets more fans play the game.

prag16

Banned
Windows 10 Store.
So if they're using redemption codes, I'm assuming tons of xbone owners will be looking to sell their PC codes for cheap-ish?

Doubt MSFT really wants people doing that. Surprised they wouldn't want to prevent that somehow.

Really looking forward to playing this on PC, it's looking like it should be a decent game and Remedy normally make good games. From the gameplay footage, it gives me a feeling of Infamous mixed with Max Payne.

As for the idiot fan boys who were complaining to Phil Spencer and cancelling their pre-orders because it's coming to PC, well it's pretty sad and they clearly never really cared much for this game and are just pissed they lost some ammo for their stupid console war crusade.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys should research the Rise of Tomb Raider Windows 10 version and what a Windows 10 store version includes.

Things like tablet mode, locked v-sync, cannot use third party apps like Afterburner and such, can't stream Windows 10 versions of these games too.

I'm sure this goes for Gears Ultimate, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, and any other Win 10 version of an AAA game.

So its almost like you basically just get a 'console' version of the game but on PC.

Oh, some graphical options too.

There's no traditional multi-GPU support, either, so if a game isn't DX12 or otherwise doesn't make use of DX12's split rendering feature, then your other card/s are going to sit idle. As I said in another thread recently, it could be said that the WinStore is a fine platform for apps but doesn't seem well-suited for games.

Helznicht

A friend of mine told me that pre ordering the game comes with a free Windows 10 upgrade

is it true?

If you have win 7 or 8 you can upgrade to win 10 for free right now, no game purchase.

No the game does not come with a new OS key, If you pre-order the xbox version, it does come with a win10 PC version of the GAME for free.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What? I remember a lot of disappointment when exclusive Vita titles migrated across to PS3/PS4 and it received ports in return.

Why did this happen? Because it signified that the platform holder was not willing to invest in those who had bought the hardware.

What has happened? The Vita is on its way out, despite being a glorious piece of hardware. Yes, your IPs have migrated but you're not going to see handheld Sony hardware again.

What does this mean for Xbox? That Microsoft have given up (you could argue from late 360 gen) on investing in unique content for its purchasers. It means they are looking at going into a software/storefront vendor role (which means going into competition against Valve). Why bother buying any hardware from the only vendor who does not support their platform? Buy a Sony, buy a Nintendo.

There's a slight difference here which is that the Vita was dead in the water.

gai_shain

clearly the situations are exactly the same lol

Bgamer90

Banned

I can't believe some are actually making this comparison. The Xbox One is not doing any where near what the Vita was/is doing and the handheld market is different from the console market.

The Vita games were ported not just because the Vita was doing terrible -- it's also because the handheld market as a whole is in a terrible state.

Microsoft wants the Xbox One (and Xbox brand) to continue on getting solid games in the future and one way to support those solid games coming is to release them on PC too. The majority of console gamers will still see these games as exclusive since they don't care about PC. It's killing two birds with one stone.

MS wants to continue on making more new IPs and have those new IPs grow into new series. One way to reduce the risk in making them is turning true exclusives into "console exclusives" since the latter creates a larger potential userbase.

Therefore, stating that this move is MS giving up on creating new games is silly and shortsighted considering it's the complete opposite.

They created an Xbox One bundle for a new IP, put the new IP on another platform that doesn't hurt its view of exclusivity in the eyes of the majority of console gamers, and are giving free (Windows 10) copies of the game and another series they want to bring back (Alan Wake) to people who pre-order. Yet, even with all of this being true, this is a sign that they are giving up on wanting the Xbox to have more unique content? How does this make any sense when doing all of this takes more work than simply releasing a new IP on one console and nothing more?

Not sure if it's worth just to upgrade to Windows 10 just for this game.
Reminds me of the case with Halo 2 and Windows Vista.
I know that Microsoft is trying to push Windows Store and Windows 10.
I will wait until release how the impressions will be by GAF and reviewers.

W.S.

While I didn't care for tearaway coming to the ps4, I know I was very please when Gravity Rush was annouced for the system, knowing that the ip would get another chance to shine and to introduce a slew of new players to the game, I just don't understand why some people are mad at quantum break being in pc, more people are going to be able to play the game, that's a good thing jackasses, ugh console fanboy are weird.

I'm just left wondering where my Spartan Strike for Xbox One is dammit!

Gono

Banned
I was planning on buying an Xbone just for this game (and Ge4rs)...
Now, I don't know what to expect. If Ge4rs gets a pc release, I don't see any reason to get an Xbone.

spannicus

Still scratching my head on how people are saying the xbox one hasn't sold well. I know its no PS4 in terms of numbers but come on, its gotta be selling pretty well.

Filben

Now, I don't know what to expect. If Ge4rs gets a pc release, I don't see any reason to get an Xbone.
Same here. Played Perfekt Dark on the XOne and ditched it after. I always had the feeling they were to release it on PC, too. I mean... with Alan Wake, Enslaved, Dragon's Dogma, Final Fantasy etc. we had a lot of games coming to PC nevertheless. I'm very happy about it. The only Xbox exclusive that had my interest.

Genio88

There is already the store page! I hope that means they're planning a preload option on Windows 10 Store, i'm gonna buy it as soon as available!

Top Bottom