• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC on April 05

MS has no balls

More like they've finally grown a pair.

This thread in a nut shell.

But seriously. I am happy that I'll be able to play QB without having to purchase an XBone for it. I am also glad to hear that several other games which will not be launched on PS4 will find their way to PC. But I am also a hypocrite, because I have to admit that I actually would be pissed if games like Uncharted or Gran Turismo would ever find their way to any other platform.

orochi91

Scalebound as well?!

I'm ecstatic right now, considering it looks like a promising AAA JRPG and now I'll be able to play it :3

Windows Store is getting some mighty fine support.

But I am also a hypocrite, because I have to admit that I actually would be pissed if games like Uncharted or Gran Turismo would ever find their way to any other platform.

I can see Sony franchises on PC only if AAA budgets get out of control, at which point point it might be feasible to release their content on at least one more platform (PC).

They're swimming in PS money right now though, so it probably won't happen anytime soon.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Microsoft has really managed to attract some odd fans. How is this coming to PC bad in any way shape or form? It'll sell better short-term on console and long-term on PC. It'll get people invested in the franchise and make this huge investment actually bear fruit. With the Xbox being very US-centric it means that a lot of gamers never getting to experiences it. And unless they start getting their IPs out there they're just diminishing their possible market. Esspecially if they want to grow the market. They want good word of mouth going into the next generation.

Good. GOOD.

Now the only thing of significance that's left on the Xbone is Sunset Overdrive. I hope it will make its way to PC aswell.

Kezen

Banned
Good. GOOD.

Now the only thing of significance that's left on the Xbone is Sunset Overdrive. I hope it will make its way to PC aswell.

I think it would have already been announced if Microsoft/Insomniac had any plans to bring it to PC/Windows 10.

I think we can safely say this one will not leave the Xbox One console.

I think at this juncture it would be a smart move to bring Halo the MCC to Windows 10. Maybe they can announce that at the February event.

bj00rn_

Banned
Phil Spencer has had enough
Ca8jqK_XEAAhl9c.jpg

Saltiest youtube stream ever right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSBQQpoa1Y

City 17

OP should be corrected:

[CORRECTION] This post originally said that Gears of War 4 and Scalebound are confirmed for PC. GameSpot regrets the error.

OP needs to update no Scalebound or Gears 4 confirmed for PC. Gamespot edited in a correction and regrets the error. :(
Edit-beaten by a minute.

Regiruler

More like they now absolutely trust it to hold its own and can confidently release the games on PC too.

They no longer have the confidence that the game will be profitable enough on their console alone. They're backing down like a coward, as they've done so many times before: kinect, the used game policy, et cetera. Not even a day after the announcement there's a thread about people abandoning the console. Even worse, people will continue with this pleading bullshit for other companies as well (there's already one for Sony exclusives).

For the record, I haven't had an Xbox since the OG.
OP should be corrected:

[CORRECTION] This post originally said that Gears of War 4 and Scalebound are confirmed for PC. GameSpot regrets the error.

Now I look stupid, I don't care about Quantum Break and was posting this regarding Scalebound.

Saltiest youtube stream ever right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSBQQpoa1Y

Funny video on his channel from 2 weeks ago

Nobody Cared About Quantum Break Until The Media Falsely Reported It Going To PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnfhHKLyos

At 3:26 onwards he really contradicts his stance of today lol.

it's a sad state that people jump on this (QB rumour heading to PC) as some big loss, even if it had gone to pc, but people will completely ignore NMS on PC, SFV on PC, Shenmue on PC, whatever. But this would've been a huge deal, a blow "MS sucks" "XBox One done" and "no reason to own an Xbox" and all this kind of bullshit.

StereoVsn

That's cool. Crackdown, Scalebound and possibly Quantum were the three games I wanted (well, that and Halo Collection, but doesn't look like that one is going to go anywhere).

Just built my first gaming PC so this news pleases me very much. In fact owning a PC and an Xbox one I really don't care much at all what MS decides to do. I finally feel content for once in my gaming life. lol

Top Bottom