• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to Steam and Retail on 9/14

Quantum Break is a single player game. Gears and Forza are multiplayer games which require an Xbox Live gamer tag to play. Because of this I highly doubt those games will come to Steam. The Microsoft games that are currently available on Steam are mostly single player if I'm not mistaken.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So is this Quantum break moving to a win32 executable, or is this Steam adding UWP games?

Quantum Break is a single player game. Gears and Forza are multiplayer games which require an Xbox Live gamer tag to play. Because of this I highly doubt those games will come to Steam. The Microsoft games that are currently available on Steam are mostly single player if I'm not mistaken.

Hmmmmmm, this is an interesting point.

Yes! I've been really wanting to play this! I looooooooved Alan Wake, but never got around to Quantum Break, so this will be the perfect time to pick it up considering I've been wanting to sell my Xbox One and don't want to deal with the Windows 10 store.

Yeah, and 5% of that on Windows store, from what I remember.

And there's a good reason it sold poorly, barely anyone uses the Windows Store on PC when there's already Steam which is a much better platform.

That is unless it's Free To Play like Killer Instinct or Forza Motorsport 6

Fractal

Banned
You can say the same for Origin. But people know now. If i want to play Battlefield i gotta use Origin. Originwasnt in a best state also. But improved. As the W10 store will also. I think its good that there are more stores. Not a fan of put everything on Steam.mentality.
I'm not a big fan of Steam as well lately, but I'm also not a big fan of MS when it comes to their plans for the PC platform. Origin ended up successful since EA has quite a good understanding of the PC market, but MS, not so much. GFWL crashed and burned back in the day, and I wouldn't discount W10 store and UWP going the same route.

This pretty much confirms I will be waiting on an announcement for Forza Horizon 3. I don't want the buyer's remorse of getting it through W10S and finding it on Steam 3 months later.

Either that or Scalebound would be nice, doubt this will happen with Gears of War 4 but there's always hope.

bede-x

Holy crap, this is good news. Might we also be getting upcoming MS firstparty titles on Steam in due time?

I'm in day one :)

timberger

I didn't think the game was very good but it would certainly be interesting to see it in action without the trash IQ of the XB1 version. The game's visuals clearly had a lot of detail to them, but the effort felt wasted when you could only see them through grainy smudge-o-vision.

I'll maybe think about a double dip when it hits sales.

The retail version of the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition will cost EUR/USD 39.99 and includes:

Premium packaging
5 Game Discs (one-time Steam key redemption required)
Making of Blu-Ray
Making of Book
1 Soundtrack CD (Audio-CD)
2 Posters
Quickstart Guide.

Christ... glad I don't have to deal with physical releases on PC is all I can say.

Theorry

I'm not a big fan of Steam as well lately, but I'm also not a big fan of MS when it comes to their plans for the PC platform. Origin ended up successful since EA has quite a good understanding of the PC market, but MS, not so much. GFWL crashed and burned back in the day, and I wouldn't discount W10 store and UWP going the same route.

Think there is now a very different mindset now compared to back in the day with GFWL.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now... Forza 5: Apex non-UWP on Steam, please, MS?

Lister

Banned
Will purchase whatever DIGITAL deluxe verison they throw up on Steam. Been wanting to try the game but the MS store kept me away.

Durante

Bummer.

It should have been UWP only
If you're not trolling I'm really curious as to why -- and how -- anyone would ever argue that.

I mean, I can somewhat see why a person very (very) different from me would argue for having an UWP version, but try as I might I can't come up with even the most obscure argument why anyone would actively want a release constricted to only an UWP version.

iBlue

I don't understand why they are putting their exclusives on Steam since the whole point of having a windows store is to bring customers to your own store.

While this is a valid point - how sure are we that you can't use Live intergation outside of WinStore/UWP framework? Such limitation would make no sense.

It's also possible that they will sell the UWP version in Steam which would be kind of what Ubisoft is doing with their Steam/Uplay integration. In this case Live integration is not a concern, but I won't be able to double dip as I already have the game in WinStore.

I believe Tim Sweeney talked about how those features are currently locked to UWP. Not that MS couldn't make a workaround if they wanted to but that'd be up to them.

SOR5

Great news and I'm a fan of choice

But I wonder if theres a certain criteria to be met at MS to merit a Steam version

What happens to Win10?
What happens to Play Anywhere?
What happens to cross play?
What happens to cross save?
Is there any connection to Xbox or is it just severed off completely?

Things I'm curious to see

etta

my hard graphic balls
Holy mother of God, very nice!

On a sidenote, Microsoft should really, really consider integrating into Steam similar to how Ubisoft is doing. Buying their games on Steam but require "activation" via the Windows Store, it would help their games so much.

Not a very good game but nice precedent. I'd imagine it's case by case with Microsoft though, games that bomb like QB will try to recoup costs through all available means.

Either that or Scalebound would be nice, doubt this will happen with Gears of War 4 but there's always hope.

Now... Forza 5: Apex non-UWP on Steam, please, MS?

If there is a slim chance Halo, Gears, and Forza ever get on Steam you know it's gonna require some type of Windows sign in just so it can communicate with Xbox Live. Unless MS decides to ditch all that and have full online interactivity with steam.

Nzyme32

I assume this will not be UWP, but also the line of making it available on more "operating systems" suggests a DX11 renderer for other Windows versions perhaps.

If that is the case, are the rendering / performance issues going to be fixed? Somehow I doubt it. I'd be waiting for a sale on this one. Though I generally really like remedy games, my bro has advised me against this one, which is a shame.

This must be bait.

If you're not trolling I'm really curious as to why -- and how -- anyone would ever argue that.

I mean, I can somewhat see why a person very (very) different from me would argue for having an UWP version, but try as I might I can't come up with even the most obscure argument why anyone would actively want a release constricted to only an UWP version.

Just low quality bait

Top Bottom